Arsenal Vs West Ham | Premiership 31/01/2009

Re: Arsenal Vs West Ham | Premiership 31/01/2009

Postby rogerthornhill » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:31 pm

vcool24 wrote:hey..sniper..team..is as good.as the team of 04 season......
As John McEnroe (The brash New Yorker.) might have said "Hey man you CANNOT be serious"
rogerthornhill
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby rodney » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:56 pm

My mate managed to get me a ticket for the match and was looking forward to my last match I'll probably attend this season. It was the biggest waste of money ever. No passion, no determination, no urgency and no quality. I don't think the players realise what trouble we're in and unless Wenger makes it's clear how dire the situation is we're not even going to challenge for the top four let alone get into it.

One huge problem that we now have at home games is pessimism. Everyone at the ground from the first minute is looking for people to moan at something to complain about. The fans are unhappy at what they're watching and for good reason. I think we're getting to the point where change is needed. Fans have lost confidence in not only the players, but the managers ability. It will not be along at the current rate that you will hear people wanting Arsene out.

Before the game even began we were dealt a blow of why the f**k is our best player on the bench? He has assisted or scored every goal we've scored this month and yet Arsene rests him for Cardiff. We can break Cardiff down without Robin. West Ham are not an easy opposition they have an excellent defensive midfield and Collins was immense at the back. Without Cesc we lack creativity in the middle and why Wenger doesn't move Nasri to the centre and Diaby out on the left is puzzling. We saw why Wenger doesn't put Vela on the left as he was so ineffective and his dive was pathetic.

The first half we had a couple of Eboue efforts and Diaby hit the bar from a corner, but bar that it was a poor first half. Eboue came off injured to most people's delight, but he actually was having one of his better days even if that still isn't good enough. Wenger should have changed things straight away we've struggled to break teams down at home recently with Robin in the team let alone without him.

Second half we showed more urgency, but then lacked the creativity to break West Ham down. Parker battled well and won his challenges and Behrami was superb as well. He covered Neill who is absolute dogshite so many times it was unreal. On the occasions Nasri or Bendtner did manage to break through on the wings the final pass was often a let down. Clichy and Sagna's crossing was absolutely beyond ridiculous today. Bendtner came off to ironic cheers and given the fact he was playing out of position and worked a lot harder than the useless lump on 80k I thought it was harsh. Robin didn't get into the game and he only had a half chance which rolled wide. Ade had our best chance, but sent his header comfortably into Green's arms who had nothing to do all game.

Fair play to West Ham who came and defended well. Collins was man of the match for me. Won everything in the air and was there to clear off the line when needed. If our players put in as much commitment as some of the West Ham players did we would have won that match today. With Diaby and Eboue both suffering injuries I can only hope Wenger realises Arshavin has to be signed.

Overall another disappointing result and performance.
rodney
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby gzagee » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:03 pm

rogerthornhill wrote:
vcool24 wrote:hey..sniper..team..is as good.as the team of 04 season......
As John McEnroe (The brash New Yorker.) might have said "Hey man you CANNOT be serious"

Taxi... for... vcool... and... don't forget...your.coat :doh:
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby golfinguy » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:10 pm

Incredibly frustrating :cussing:

But this was miles better than the Cardiff performance. Denilson and Diaby actually didn't look like shite - not great, but good performances from both for the most part.

Even Eboue was looking good. The back line was solid, Nasri was good when used but invisible for much of the second half.

However - WTF was RVP doing on the bench for 60 minutes!!!!! Ade has not been good and RVP is the only guy we have right now thats dangerous up front. Without RVP we're toothless. Whats he resting him for, Cardiff???? Let Vela and Bendtner handle that, we're losing our CL spot - get your priorities straight!

I'm gunna be grumpy all day now ;)
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby dills » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:18 pm

golfinguy wrote:I'm gunna be grumpy all day now ;)

I fear I may have been in a much poorer mood this evening had I not been reduced to listening to the game whilst visiting my brother. At least I didn't have to witness Adebayor floundering around like... a flounder?

Let's see if the highlights strike a nerve later tonight.
dills
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby StLGooner » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:24 pm

rodney wrote:We saw why Wenger doesn't put Vela on the left as he was so ineffective and his dive was pathetic.

Vela didn't have the best game on the wing I'll admit, his true position is striker to be fair to him, but even a bad performance from him is better than anything Eboue can give us. Vela is capable of having a good touch, with pace, and picking out a cheeky little pass, 3 things Eboue does once in a lifetime. So with our current injuries and not a lot of options, I'd keep playing him there, but start him next time.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby rogerthornhill » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:28 pm

dills wrote: Let's see if the highlights strike a nerve later tonight.

The highlights? are you talking about Arsenal v West Ham? :rofll:
rogerthornhill
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby dills » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:49 pm

rogerthornhill wrote:
dills wrote: Let's see if the highlights strike a nerve later tonight.

The highlights? are you talking about Arsenal v West Ham? :rofll:

Hah! I can see the irony in my statement.
dills
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Gooner Girl » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:52 pm

I've actually got into the mindset now that we really won't do well in the league this season. Its to late. I do still expect us to make top 4 but am trying to focus my hopes on the cups and even looking towards next season after AW makes some fab purchases in the summer (i hope) By not caring (as) much about the league, in theory, these results should not make as much of a miserable inprint on my daily life... Well thats the theory anyway....

Best Quote in Fever Pitch?! "i can't remember whether lifes shit cos Arsenal are shit or whether its the other way round...."
Gooner Girl
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby bergie4ever » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:22 am

"AW makes some fab purchases in the summer..." - pretty funny!! :rofll: :hiding:

The real question is: did Cesc will stay next season for playing the UEFA Cup ?? :dontknow: :doh:
bergie4ever
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:38 am

Didnt get to follow the game at all today, but im soo frustrated i cant even watch the highlights tonight, will catch them in the morning.

At the time when Villa have finally dropped some points we should be gunning for all 3.

Im not going to join in with the boo-boys (not aimed at anyone here) but we have to take the rough with the smooth.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:32 am

yes their is 1 posative, villa didnt open the gap up and soon arshavin will be here (hopefully) to add something more attacking wise to the squad.

but that doesnt account for all the negatives of today.
Last edited by Bristol_Gunner on Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby rodney » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:33 am

ChVint22 wrote:Vela didn't have the best game on the wing I'll admit, his true position is striker to be fair to him, but even a bad performance from him is better than anything Eboue can give us. Vela is capable of having a good touch, with pace, and picking out a cheeky little pass, 3 things Eboue does once in a lifetime. So with our current injuries and not a lot of options, I'd keep playing him there, but start him next time.

You're correct, but I dont want to see Vela's confidence ruined by fans criticising him for poor performances. Vela isn't a winger and shouldn't have to play on the wing. If we had sufficient strength in depth he wouldn't have to play out wide. The criticism Bendtner got today was unreal and he was playing right bloody wing for most of the game. Bendtners confidence took a beating today. I don't want to see the same happen to Carlos when he can't produce out wide.
rodney
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Cheese » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:04 pm

Was just reading the match report in the Times and in the first sentance it mentioned the "booing around the Emirate's" at the end of the game - is this true?
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:35 pm

The real question is: did Cesc will stay next season for playing the UEFA Cup ??

Do we have to rearrange the words in the sentence to find out what the question is? :think: :P
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09