Everton Vs Arsenal | Premiership 28/01/2009

Re: Everton Vs Arsenal | Premiership 28/01/2009

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:59 am

Vela isn't ready to play on the wing against teams like Everton imo but bizarrely I would have no problem with putting Wilshere on the right wing!
He just looks more ready to me.
As you say he can't be worse than Diaby or Denilson on the wings.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby bergie4ever » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:02 pm

What a poor game!!I don't recognize the team I love... :crybaby: :dontknow:

5 points behind Villa: no other comment required!! :hiding: :lipssealed:
bergie4ever
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Rachael » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:05 pm

adebayor needs to go, if anyone witnessed what i saw last night they'd agree, no passion at all, totally disinterested, complaining all the time, pure c**p, one good season and he thinks hes god. bendtner actually tried last night when he came on, closing down, chasing the ball etc. thank god for rvp, who was the only player at the end to acknowledge the fans, the rest of them jsut left the field. :( awful game, i fear for 4th spot
Rachael
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby rodney » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:07 pm

Went to a pub in Finsbury Park that had the game on. We were so average tonight it was beyond belief. We've been like this throughout our entire unbeaten run, but Everton weren't themselves. They were there for the beating and we failed to take advantage of that.

I've never seen our defence do so well in the air. Gallas and Djourou were superb all game. Clichy was again the let down with his defending. The one mistake in the air all game and we were punished for it. What is so disappointing is the fact we only managed to created two chances all match. We need Arshavin and Wenger comes out with crap like Cesc will be our new signing. What about between now and April then Arsene?

We started off well passing nicely and forcing a few corners. Everton had their own spell of possession, but only had a Cahill shot against the side netting to show for their efforts. Second half continued in the same way, but Denilson had a good chance but sent his shot miles over. Completely sumed Denilson as a player up in that shot. Out of nothing Baines who wasn't closed down was allowed to cross and Clichys missed timed jump allowed Cahill to head home. A few people were questioning why someone else wasn't marking Cahill, but it was ball to the back post and it's Clichys job to win the header.

We brought on Bendtner who at least worked hard and Eboue who well played as Eboue does. Then the main man stepped up in the last minute. When no one had faith in him I f***ing did people like (cough) Muse doubted him. I've maintained he is our best striker and a quality player. If we can put together our first team I have no doubt he will prove he is better than even Cesc. Maybe Howard should have done better, but it was still a great strike from the man who has carried our team all season.

What is annoying is people will come away happy with a point and we shouldn't be as it is two points dropped. Everton weren't better than us and had we had some creativity in the side we'd have won that match. Denilson who did work hard today is not a right midfielder. Song should just not be in the team as a midfielder full stop. Diaby was very poor tonight as well and has to improve if he wants a permanent place in the side when Cesc, Theo and Rosicky return.

My biggest complain is the useless lump of shit up front that earns 80k a week. He won about one header all f***ing game. His passing in the first half was particularly awful. Whilst of course being caught offside a few times too. What annoys me the most is the complete and utter lack of effort. He just clearly doesn't give a shit. Now Bendtner may not be the worlds most gifted player, but at least he gives his best.

Wengers comments on Arshavin sumed up what a w***er he currently is.
rodney
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby cgd8813 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:34 pm

The mans a joke n should be put in the same bracket as denilson song n eboue.He's had this attitude all season and it stinks.Hopefully with eddy coming back n arshavin possibly,he shall be given all the chance he wants to do fk all,sat on the bench.....Not wandering a pitch in our shirt
Rachael wrote:adebayor needs to go, if anyone witnessed what i saw last night they'd agree, no passion at all, totally disinterested, complaining all the time, pure c**p, one good season and he thinks hes god. bendtner actually tried last night when he came on, closing down, chasing the ball etc. thank god for rvp, who was the only player at the end to acknowledge the fans, the rest of them jsut left the field. :( awful game, i fear for 4th spot
cgd8813
Patrick Vieira

Postby StLGooner » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:21 am

Inchpractice wrote:Vela isn't ready to play on the wing against teams like Everton imo but bizarrely I would have no problem with putting Wilshere on the right wing!
He just looks more ready to me.
As you say he can't be worse than Diaby or Denilson on the wings.

So he can play on the wing for a whole season in La Liga against two of the best teams in the world (Barca, Madrid), but he isn't ready for Everton? Do me a favor Inch. Plus, what choice do we have when we have zero creativity?
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SE13 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:47 am

The RVP goal for those who haven't see it, and well worth a watch it is too.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/2022270/

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby bergie4ever » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:28 am

The only thing to save from this match... :doh:
bergie4ever
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Git » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:31 am

cgd8813 wrote:The mans a joke n should be put in the same bracket as denilson song n eboue.He's had this attitude all season and it stinks.Hopefully with eddy coming back n arshavin possibly,he shall be given all the chance he wants to do fk all,sat on the bench.....Not wandering a pitch in our shirt
Rachael wrote:adebayor needs to go, if anyone witnessed what i saw last night they'd agree, no passion at all, totally disinterested, complaining all the time, pure c**p, one good season and he thinks hes god. bendtner actually tried last night when he came on, closing down, chasing the ball etc. thank god for rvp, who was the only player at the end to acknowledge the fans, the rest of them jsut left the field. :( awful game, i fear for 4th spot

Bit harsh on Denilson mate? Sure, he wasn't spectacular on Wednesday but he's being played out of position. And as for him playing with a lack of passion like Ade does, I'm just not seeing that? :?
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09