Hull City Vs Arsenal | Premiership 17/01/09

Re: Hull City Vs Arsenal | Premiership 17/01/09

Postby StLGooner » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:51 am

Inchpractice wrote:
Fordy wrote:Fair play to bendy i really think he changed the game today even though the tit cost me money by hitting the post when we had a bet on 4-1.

I thought he looked sharp today, good first touch, accurate and useful passing, closed players down - he could put Eboue out of a job soon!
He's obviously growing in confidence gradually.
Looked more like the Bendy of last season today.

Probably the best game I've seen from Nick (and I'd say that if he didn't score), hope it continues even if it does prove me wrong. Eboue had some good first touches, which he usually doesn't do, but you can tell he lacks that skill to get that final ball, cross, pass or whatever, don't think he'll ever have that as a part of his game. Nasri's goal was wonderful, I'll be honest and say I didn't think he'd score from there. :hail: RvP once again worked hard, and was our catalyst.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby icelandicC.. » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:51 am

RvP was the player of the game if i could choose. he was great and unlucky to not score at that free kick.
icelandicC..
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:08 am

Link to the goals anyone?
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:14 am

Scroll up GES
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:37 am

Inchpractice wrote:Scroll up GES

Oh yeah, nice one :redface:

Great goals, I'm psyched for Bendtner, that was a superb finish and a lovely one two with RVP, but I want to make specific mention of Nasri.

Anyone else starting to think this guy is a god? It's just something about how he plays, reminds me so much of Bobby Pires :hail:
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:50 am

He took his goal really well from a tight angle but I think there's a lot more to come from him.
He was very average against Bolton and I think he's 3 times better in the middle.
Good player though.
I think next season he'll make more of an impact.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby gouldinho » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:52 am

I thought they were very good today and showed good resilience. RVP was excellent and a very honourable mention to Bendtner and Diaby
IT WAS CESC FABREGAS INSPIRED
gouldinho
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Gould » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:07 pm

good finish from nasri and bendtner (unlucky with the header that hit the post) made a great impact from the bench. funny enough the place all arsenal fans wanna see him start the game from tho, im suprised we didnt see vela come on for his usual 15min runout in the end of the game he caused alot of troubles in the last mins in his previous 3 apearances
Gould
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby meridamullet » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:12 pm

they've got to play nasri through the middle, he's almost too predictable when on the left, cos you know he's going to cut inside. well taken goal though. hopefully will be played central from the start in the cup
meridamullet
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:07 pm

meridamullet wrote:they've got to play nasri through the middle, he's almost too predictable when on the left, cos you know he's going to cut inside. well taken goal though. hopefully will be played central from the start in the cup

Thing is, that's exactly how Freddie used to operate on the right, and he was awesome. Give Nasri time to fine tune and he'll be a phenomenon down the wing :sundae:
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:13 pm

tbh you have to say we havnt really missed cesc much. infact in a way it has alowed van p and nasri to become more creative.
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Trina » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:16 pm

Bristol_Gunner wrote:tbh you have to say we havnt really missed cesc much. infact in a way it has alowed van p and nasri to become more creative.

I don't know about that. IMO our Midfield just didn't seem to have much control.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:53 pm

The midfield wasn't great but imo that was more about the players that replaced him not performing well rather than the fact that they weren't him, if you see what I mean.
If Rosicky and Theo were fit we wouldn't miss Cesc all that much imo.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Gunflash » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:59 pm

Nasri is having a brilliant season, as is Van Persie. Bendtner's come off the bench again and scored a crucial goal. So we've got a measure of revenge on Hull for our humiliation in September. The team's running along well, if not spectacularly.
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby SE13 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:49 pm

Via E-Mail, Arsene Wenger wrote:Dear Supporter,

I believe that in the first half we were really on top of the game, with a lot of fluency. At 1-0 we wanted to keep them under pressure but they made a real battle of it with a lot of long balls and a high line.

Hull scored from a deflected cross but after that we had the mental resources to come back and win in a convincing way because we kept going.

Samir Nasri and Nicklas Bendtner scored in the last 10 minutes to continue our excellent run of late goals. I think we have scored 16 goals in the last 15 minutes of the last 33 games, and we did that again on Saturday.

As far as the title race is concerned there was extra pressure on us at Hull after Manchester United, Chelsea and Aston Villa all scored late goals to win their games. We knew we couldn't afford to drop points and it is good that the team showed they can cope with that pressure.

Our ambition is that we are up for it, we are determined and have a strong resolve. You will see us give everything to finish as high up the table as we can.

It is true that we are relying on the teams above us to drop points but I am sure that you will see some more surprises this season. There were nearly some shocks on Saturday and that will continue, so we want to give everything to come back.

Thanks for your support.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09