Postby GunnGunn » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:15 pm

Dig out the chequebook AW.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Re: Aston Villa Vs Arsenal | Premiership 26/12/2008

Postby ScottishLass » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:17 pm

gunngunn wrote:Dig out the chequebook AW.

Wont happen. :(
ScottishLass
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby maslo » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:18 pm

Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:Pathetic.

This team is tactical roadkill, we're headed out of the top 4, because the team is average, and the manager seems to have gone on a permanent holiday to cloud cuckoo land :BangHead:

yeh we have again lost a lead, but villa played better than us.
at least they havnt won, im as angry as the next gooner but theres no point over exagerating and saying we're headed out of the top four. for me personally i just can't see villa holding it we will be in the top four at the end of season (and i still think we can win it :lol:) nah title was gone ages ago but top four we'll be fine.

as for the game diaby was great, eboue played alright we should and could have had a couple more and its just abit crap again really. dissapointed.
maslo
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Trina » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:18 pm

Bristol_Gunner wrote:f***ing joke deffence gain cost us. However where the hell did 4 minutes come form?

I wondered that too. But at the same time they scored there goal in the first minute of it, so it was to our advantage to be honest to get the winning one back.

It makes me wonder if Wenger has actually told the team to DEFEND in the closing stages such as this. He can't be doing because why the hell do we keep loosing the same way!
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Fordy » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:19 pm

Arsenal need to learn they need to close the game down in the last 10 minutes but wenger can't be telling them this or they just arnt listening
Fordy

Postby GunnGunn » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:20 pm

ScottishLass wrote:
gunngunn wrote:Dig out the chequebook AW.

Wont happen. :(

It HAS to happen, otherwise he should be sacked, there, i said it.

If he doesn't buy, he is putting this club in danger, very real danger of losing out on the CL next season, clubs who finish midtable on a regular basis and even RELEGATION FODDER, spend more money on signings than we do.

Having faith will only take you so far, not spending money on players when we need them more than anyone else is a blatant lack of respect to the fans and total disregard for wellbeing of this club, i am sick of the top Dogs coming out and saying, ''we are so financially stable, i could give AW £30 million etc'' but its all bollocks, none of us are saying we want one £30 million player, but we do need some quality and experience.

Why can't he unearth gems like Sagna AND buy quality as well?
Last edited by GunnGunn on Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Laura » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:21 pm

gzagee wrote:Draw feels hollow. 2 goal lead lost again. Didn't think that would happen again.
S'pose it's credit to Villa, they could've been outta sight by half time.
Nothing gained, nothing lost.

But isnt that the difference, if we'd gone 2 down then we'd not have had the fight to come back. Maybe that's why theyve got their noses ahead, I still think the whole league is far from over but we need to tighten up big time
Laura
Patrick Vieira

Postby Trina » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:22 pm

maslo wrote:
Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:Pathetic.

This team is tactical roadkill, we're headed out of the top 4, because the team is average, and the manager seems to have gone on a permanent holiday to cloud cuckoo land :BangHead:

yeh we have again lost a lead, but villa played better than us.
at least they havnt won, im as angry as the next gooner but theres no point over exagerating and saying we're headed out of the top four. for me personally i just can't see villa holding it we will be in the top four at the end of season (and i still think we can win it :lol:) nah title was gone ages ago but top four we'll be fine.

as for the game diaby was great, eboue played alright we should and could have had a couple more and its just abit crap again really. dissapointed.

How we played today and the result makes me think we are now fifth.

I don't understand how you think Villa will drop? The first half they played like we did years ago. Full of spirit, strength, speed, passion and these games where you just hit the post! And this is every week they play like this, not now and again. Compare that to how we play and you really think they will drop?
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby gzagee » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:23 pm

Gallas was caught wrong side for the penalty.
Eboue actually turned his back on the ball at the throw-in which led to their second goal, and we had 3 defenders playing 4 attackers.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Reverend Gooner » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:23 pm

I would have taken a draw at the start and especially after 20 minutes.

If you look at it, Villa should have been out of sight come 45 minutes, we should have been out of sight before the penalty so it is all even.

What makes it worse is that it is another 90 minutes point drop, ffs this cannot become a stigma with us or we are doomed.

I feel really gutted although i know it was a decent result, the circumstances and quality of the match made it feel alot worse to draw.

I know the lads probably feel down but i hope they get over it quick and focus on the future.

By the way....... SAGNA WAS ABSOLUTLEY IMMENSE greatest defensive performance from a right back i think i have seen for donkeys years.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Trina » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:24 pm

Laura wrote:
gzagee wrote:Draw feels hollow. 2 goal lead lost again. Didn't think that would happen again.
S'pose it's credit to Villa, they could've been outta sight by half time.
Nothing gained, nothing lost.

But isnt that the difference, if we'd gone 2 down then we'd not have had the fight to come back. Maybe that's why theyve got their noses ahead, I still think the whole league is far from over but we need to tighten up big time

I agree with that Laura. When we are ahead we just seem to think we have it in the bag. But I guess that's down to the age!
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Gooner Girl » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:25 pm

gzagee wrote:Nothing gained, nothing lost.

Yeah except man. U, Chelsea and Liverpool all won today didn't they? So we're yet another 2 points behind them.

I have given the league up now but i would have hoped for 3rd place at least. Even that looks iffy now. I cannot believe how shoddy the defending is when we are 2-1 up in injury time. :BangHead: :BangHead: I just don't understand Arsenal at all at the moment - not at all. Not cos we are playing crap - i am used to that from the mid 90's but how we keep making the same mistakes over and over again and don't learn from them.

Wenger must buy. To be fair i thought Gallas and Sagna in particular had good games today - am not even sure if its another defender we need. We are crying out for a decent DM - Wenger has to buy one - defence and goalkeeper are constantly exposed and i believe thats largely the reason why.
Gooner Girl
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:25 pm

I think its our tactics too. We still feel a need to attack when we dont need to. When the second went in you knew arsenal would still attack but most teams may be more deffensive.
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Trina » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:26 pm

Oh my God. Never seen an interview like this before with Wenger...mainly yes and no answers.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Trina » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:27 pm

I dont understand the "Too many players back" comment on the last goal though?
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09