Re: Aston Villa Vs Arsenal | Premiership 26/12/2008

Postby essexgunner » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:34 pm

I wish !!!
essexgunner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Gunflash » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:24 pm

So it looked like we were going to get away with being under the cosh for so long but in the end we squandered two points. Forget about "the title race" and being "in the hunt". That ship sailed a long time ago. We aren't even in our "default" position of fourth. Strengthen the team now Arsene and make sure we win the FA Cup and get that fourth place.
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby rogerthornhill » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:35 pm

IF we get there, fourth place will never have seemed so good.
rogerthornhill
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gzagee » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:47 am

Would be interested to know whee's take on the game, seeing as he was there.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:33 am

Am i the only one here that seems to think that Villa were proper jammy bastards to get that injury time equaliser? and wtf did 4mins added time come from???

Keep the faith people, i know this feels like a loss but at least Villa havent widened the gap, the season dont finish for another 5 months, and ANYTHING can happen between now & then!
On a more positive note of the game, Sagna's bycicle kick save! OMFG! AMAZING!
Didnt see who got MOTM but i certainly hope it was him, he was one of the better players out there today.

essexgunner wrote:Guys overall we showed something that we were missing .... Communication and fight!!

Im inclined to agree.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby rogerthornhill » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:47 am

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:Am i the only one here that seems to think that Villa were proper jammy bastards to get that injury time equaliser? and wtf did 4mins added time come from???

I suppose that you can look at it that way but were we equally jammy when the woodwork saved us three times in the first half?
rogerthornhill
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:58 am

rogerthornhill wrote:
She_Gunner_Wales wrote:Am i the only one here that seems to think that Villa were proper jammy bastards to get that injury time equaliser? and wtf did 4mins added time come from???

I suppose that you can look at it that way but were we equally jammy when the woodwork saved us three times in the first half?

You could say that, but we also had a fair few chances in the 2nd half, blah im wearing my red blinkers i guess.

:arsesmile:
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:23 pm

Keep the faith people, i know this feels like a loss but at least Villa havent widened the gap, the season dont finish for another 5 months, and ANYTHING can happen between now & then!
On a more positive note of the game, Sagna's bycicle kick save! OMFG! AMAZING!
Didnt see who got MOTM but i certainly hope it was him, he was one of the better players out there today.

essexgunner wrote:Guys overall we showed something that we were missing .... Communication and fight!!

Im inclined to agree.

Thats not a good thing, Fabregas is out for 4 of those 5 months. It is inevitable that we will suffer A) Fatigue and B) More injuries.

Aston Villa IMO wern't jammy, because to be perfectly honest they deserved to win the game by 3 or 4 goals.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:52 am

Trina wrote:
maslo wrote:
Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:Pathetic.

This team is tactical roadkill, we're headed out of the top 4, because the team is average, and the manager seems to have gone on a permanent holiday to cloud cuckoo land :BangHead:

yeh we have again lost a lead, but villa played better than us.
at least they havnt won, im as angry as the next gooner but theres no point over exagerating and saying we're headed out of the top four. for me personally i just can't see villa holding it we will be in the top four at the end of season (and i still think we can win it :lol:) nah title was gone ages ago but top four we'll be fine.

as for the game diaby was great, eboue played alright we should and could have had a couple more and its just abit crap again really. dissapointed.

How we played today and the result makes me think we are now fifth.

I don't understand how you think Villa will drop? The first half they played like we did years ago. Full of spirit, strength, speed, passion and these games where you just hit the post! And this is every week they play like this, not now and again. Compare that to how we play and you really think they will drop?

Exactly Trina.

Too many Gooners think that we can continue to play like this and somehow magically remain in the top 4.

A hard fought win against Portsmouth has helped, but the issues are still there, looming large :(
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09