yeh totally agree with that inch
maslo
Charlie George
Charlie George

Re: Middlesbrough Vs Arsenal | Premiership 13/12/2008

Postby bergie4ever » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:59 pm

WHAT A f***ing MESS!! :angry:

NO communication between our players (especially at our back)!! :dontknow:

Cesc,our captain: unable to shout at his partners for wake them up and motivate them (maybe he don't know a captain can ALSO speak ?? :dontknow: )!! :doh:

RVP: try a "Madjer", while he just has to push the ball in the net!! :hiding:

My quote of the week: IF THERE WAS ONLY MANU$A,LIVERPOOL AND CHE£$KI WITH US IN THE PREMIERSHIP,WE WOULD BE CHAMPS!! :disgust: :1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:
bergie4ever
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby maslo » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:04 pm

villa win to go fourth, there not behind us again but infront, im still confident they wont have enough but they arnt going away.
maslo
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby rogerthornhill » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:21 pm

We don't have a strong enough squad, there simply aren't enough top quality players there. We have players out at the moment but our strongest possible team is clearly below most of the teams that we have had since AW took over. How many of our current squad would have got into the team of 02/03?
rogerthornhill
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Inchpräctice » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:36 pm

rogerthornhill wrote:We don't have a strong enough squad, there simply aren't enough top quality players there. We have players out at the moment but our strongest possible team is clearly below most of the teams that we have had since AW took over. How many of our current squad would have got into the team of 02/03?

We haven't played our strongest possible team yet this season.
With Nasri, Rosicky and Eduardo fit we're a strong team (the only thing we lack is a strong DM) but they're all injured.

We have plenty of quality players but they aren't experienced enough and their young age means they're inconsistent.
I hope AW buys some experience in Jan.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Fordy » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:01 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
rogerthornhill wrote:We don't have a strong enough squad, there simply aren't enough top quality players there. We have players out at the moment but our strongest possible team is clearly below most of the teams that we have had since AW took over. How many of our current squad would have got into the team of 02/03?

We haven't played our strongest possible team yet this season.
With Nasri, Rosicky and Eduardo fit we're a strong team (the only thing we lack is a strong DM) but they're all injured.

We have plenty of quality players but they aren't experienced enough and their young age means they're inconsistent.

Would rosicky and eduardo get in to the team he mentioned i doubt it. What he's saying is even your strongest players now are way below the standard of the previous Wenger squads and imo only 3 of your current squad would have any chance of getting in the team.

And the reason your player's are all so young is because it is wenger choice for them to be that young he bought them. If you had just come out of administration and the kids where all you had left with then it could be a excuse but these are the player wenger picked to win the prem.
Fordy

Postby rogerthornhill » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:38 pm

Inchpractice wrote: We have plenty of quality players but they aren't experienced enough and their young age means they're inconsistent.

Quality players yes but top quality players? I'm not so sure about that. The youth and inexperience that you mention are big drawbacks to many of our players. They have talent and potential but maturity and experience are parts of the make-up of a top quality player, talent alone isn't enough. We need more experience and more physical stength, where are our midfield ball winners? I'm certainly with you on hoping that we get some experienced players in January but with AWs current attitude what are the chances of that?
rogerthornhill
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby thebish » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:20 pm

gzagee wrote:
Mate, we need thebish's Bolton to do us a favour against Aston Vanilla, forget the Scouse. The Wanderers have been on a good run apart from the Chavski result.

sorry Gza! Curse of the Manager of the Month title!
thebish

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:43 am

Just exactly what is happening with us lately?
The frustrating thing is we all know what this team is capable of, yet we are falling far short of it, the performance we put in against Utd was easily the best of the season, now why cant we play like that every game!

I know we should look at it at 1pt gained rather than 2 pts dropped but this feels like a loss rather than a draw.

:(
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby arseman » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:54 am

On the plus side, we seem to be scoring a lot more goals from set-pieces of late
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby thebish » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:32 am

arseman wrote:On the plus side, we seem to be scoring a lot more goals from set-pieces of late

careful... when we used to score goals from set pieces it was deemed underhand and not quite within the spirit of the game.... you don;t want to geta name for yourselves!!! ;)
thebish

Postby gzagee » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:11 am

thebish wrote:
arseman wrote:On the plus side, we seem to be scoring a lot more goals from set-pieces of late

careful... when we used to score goals from set pieces it was deemed underhand and not quite within the spirit of the game.... you don;t want to geta name for yourselves!!! ;)

And it seems you guys are trying to get a new name for yourselves by attempting to score decent goals...
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby arseman » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:11 am

thebish wrote:

I know but at the moment it seems the only way we can score...
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby SE13 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:24 pm

Via E-Mail, Arsene Wenger wrote:Dear Supporter,

There was room to win the game on Saturday, especially when we were 1-0 up with plenty of chances to score a second. We were in control.

I feel we were a bit unlucky on the goal we conceded but Middlesbrough played well and worked very hard. In the second half they had a good mixture of defending well and getting the pace out of the game, going down and gaining time. That was a bit frustrating but they did it well and in the last 20 minutes they defended very well.

In the end we lacked something, we couldn't take our chances and I must admit I expected Boro to collapse a bit more than they did in the final part. They didn't give in, even with tired legs and that is credit to them.

We know everywhere we go we will see the same thing - opposition teams lining up with one striker. I have seen Boro against Chelsea this season and they were not sharp at all, but on Saturday they were very sharp and defended every inch of the ground. It is amazing the differences you see with teams sometimes.

The Premier League is wide open - especially with Chelsea, Manchester United and Liverpool drawing at the weekend - but we are in a position where every point we drop we are asked about it. I understand that, but champions are people who never stop and we can show that belief to keep going. We can do that in the next game against Liverpool.

Of course it is an enormous task, but we don't think about that at the moment. We must just believe that the next game is one to reduce the distance between us and Liverpool.

At the moment we have a better defensive balance and we are more a team but just lack that extra thing that comes with confidence. This is a young team that is under a lot of pressure at the moment and that is why it is important to keep belief.

Thanks for your support.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09