Arsenal Vs Wigan | Premiership 06/12/08

Re: Arsenal Vs Wigan | Premiership 06/12/08

Postby Sims » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:14 pm

Scumbag Goon wrote:To those who disagree with Eboue being booed of the field, f**k That! These players get paid millions of dollars to play, if they consistently f**k up enough to the point where they could have cost the team the win, they should get booed. Wenger made the right choice by subbing him off. I guarantee all of you would be booing if that pass he gave Wigan led go a goal. I feel no empathy for him, if he can't play, then he should pack up and leave. Vela, should have been playing that wing position to begin with.

Dude, hes only come back from injury you muppet. He had been playing well at Ashburton Grove(Libertine:D) before his injury.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby maslo » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:16 pm

Scumbag Goon wrote:To those who disagree with Eboue being booed of the field, f**k That! These players get paid millions of dollars to play, if they consistently f**k up enough to the point where they could have cost the team the win, they should get booed. Wenger made the right choice by subbing him off. I guarantee all of you would be booing if that pass he gave Wigan led go a goal. I feel no empathy for him, if he can't play, then he should pack up and leave. Vela, should have been playing that wing position to begin with.

sorry mate, obviously your entitled to your own opinion, but i think your so wrong, there is nothing to be gained by booing our own players, its only gonna further the nerves of the player make him more vulnerable and its gonna massively affect the team as a whole, they are people regardless of their millions and need our support keep your moaning to yourself or these forums but when you are out their to support, GODDAM support!

1-0 sticky result but a win none the less.
come on you Gooners lets keep this going, no relapse like after Manure!
maslo
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Trina » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:16 pm

And what about the affects it has on the rest of the team?
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Fordy » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:17 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
Fordy wrote:considering its by far the most expensive ground to go to what did you expect to happen.

You sold your sole to the devil

Our sole? What, our fish......?

so i can't spell ill get over it
Fordy

Postby InvincibleGunners » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:17 pm

Libertine wrote:
simsuk wrote:Anybody who booed Eboue doesnt deserve to go to the Emirates or even watch it on TV.

They deserve to be shot.

People who call it the Emirates should also be shot!

Twice!

Why?! I always thought Ashburton Grove was just a temp name until the sponsorship was signed and sealed.

Lets not forget the entire point of communication is to get an idea/point across and if i say "The Emirates Stadium" you know where and what i mean, so surely it's all good...
Wenger for life, may he live forever!
InvincibleGunners
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby lastseeker » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:18 pm

I think its a bit harsh for people here not at the game to have a pop at the fans in the stadium. We're ALL Arsenal fans (lets face it, no-one is going to pay the kind of prices for tickets if they didn't want to see the Arsenal do well) there are no real or fake gooners, just people lucky enough to be able to go to the games. Either by location or financially.

Frankly Eboue has been shocking in midfield and isn't suited there. That's been pretty obvious for a while to most people other than Arsene and unfortunately if it takes a lot of booing to make it clear then that what's got to happen for the good of the team.

I still think he has a role to play as the backup RB, lets not forget his contribution on the CL run a few years back. But why play him in midfield when we have better options to bring on there?

:arsesmile:
lastseeker
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Libertine » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:18 pm

InvincibleGunners wrote:
Libertine wrote:
simsuk wrote:Anybody who booed Eboue doesnt deserve to go to the Emirates or even watch it on TV.

They deserve to be shot.

Twice!

Why?! I always thought Ashburton Grove was just a temp name until the sponsorship was signed and sealed.

Lets not forget the entire point of communication is to get an idea/point across and if i say "The Emirates Stadium" you know where and what i mean, so surely it's all good...

Emirates it's only a temporary name.

Communication?
I think people are aware of where we're talking about in thread about a home game.
Last edited by Libertine on Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gzagee » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:19 pm

Chatting bollocks. You'd be happy to see our own fans booing our players? And to that extent even those who try hard?
I like quite a few around here am not his biggest fan but, there is no doubt he's one of the hardest working players in our squad. And when you stand his effort against some of the others I shall not mention then one wonders why the hell idiots want to boo him.
You forget, he did not ask to be played there, he plays wherever the boss asks him to. He never complains. He's grateful to be playing for Arsenal, even though he probably knows that when both TW and Sagna are fit he won't be playing much.
Your stupid simple ignorant opinion is pointless, and fans like you only serve to show to other supporters what a bunch of muppets we've got following us these days.
Get a grip.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby rogerthornhill » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:20 pm

No fans should boo their team or one of the players, it's the most counter-productive thing that a fan can do. It achieves nothing.
rogerthornhill
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby InvincibleGunners » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:20 pm

Libertine wrote:
InvincibleGunners wrote:
Libertine wrote:

They deserve to be shot.

Twice!

Emirates it's only a temporary name.

http://www.arsenal.com/the-club/emirates-stadium
Wenger for life, may he live forever!
InvincibleGunners
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Fordy » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:30 pm

It was announced on 5 October 2004 that the Emirates Stadium will be known as such for at least the first 15 years after the club agreed a £100m sponsorship deal with Emirates Airline. This sum also includes payments for an eight-year shirt sponsorship by Emirates, starting in the 2006–07 season.[11]

The stadium name is often colloquially shortened to "The Emirates", although some supporters continue to use the former name "Ashburton Grove" or even "The Grove" for the new stadium, especially those who object to the concept of corporate sponsorship of stadium names.[12] This discrepancy between official and unofficial names is similar to the manner in which Arsenal's former ground, Arsenal Stadium, is almost universally referred to as "Highbury" by supporters, the media and the club itself.[13]

Due to UEFA regulations on stadium sponsors, during UEFA Champions League matches the stadium is not officially referred to as Emirates Stadium, as Emirates are not an official sponsor of the Champions League competition; other stadia, such as the Allianz Arena in Munich, have fallen foul of this rule before.[14] UEFA refer to the stadium as Arsenal Stadium,[15] which was the official name of the stadium at Highbury.
Fordy

Postby Sims » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:31 pm

Last edited by Sims on Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Libertine » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:31 pm

What's that link meant to show me?
Emirates is temporary name until the sponsorship deal expires.

What did you call our old ground?
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Inchpräctice » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:43 pm

lastseeker wrote:I think its a bit harsh for people here not at the game to have a pop at the fans in the stadium. We're ALL Arsenal fans (lets face it, no-one is going to pay the kind of prices for tickets if they didn't want to see the Arsenal do well) there are no real or fake gooners, just people lucky enough to be able to go to the games. Either by location or financially.

Frankly Eboue has been shocking in midfield and isn't suited there. That's been pretty obvious for a while to most people other than Arsene and unfortunately if it takes a lot of booing to make it clear then that what's got to happen for the good of the team.

I still think he has a role to play as the backup RB, lets not forget his contribution on the CL run a few years back. But why play him in midfield when we have better options to bring on there?

:arsesmile:

Welcome to the forum mate, good to have your opinion on here but I don't agree with it this time.
There are definitely fake fans in the stadium, in fact there are even Spurs fans in there because I've been unfortunate enough to sit next to them.
Some of these people buy a season ticket for £1500 - £2000 and it's peanuts to them.
The money is not a measure of their commitment at all - some of them only turn up when they feel like it.

".....if it takes a lot of booing to make it clear then that what's got to happen for the good of the team."

I don't get this comment at all. How could it possibly be good for the team?
Do you expect Wenger to listen to the fans and say to himself "Strange, I thought Eboue was a good player... oh well I guess I'm wrong - better drop him next time." :rolleyes:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:49 pm

I missed the game, what did Eboue do to rattle the fans?
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09