Arsenal Vs Wigan | Premiership 06/12/08

Re: Arsenal Vs Wigan | Premiership 06/12/08

Postby gzagee » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:57 pm

Agreed Inch. I know a t**t who's got an executive box and he only uses it to schmooze minge and massage his ego. Got a couple of Chavski friends who go there when The t**t feels like it. I've been asked to go along in the past but, I can't stand the ****. Much rather sit with my cousin way down below in Club level.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Igmalian » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:14 pm

lastseeker wrote:I think its a bit harsh for people here not at the game to have a pop at the fans in the stadium. We're ALL Arsenal fans (lets face it, no-one is going to pay the kind of prices for tickets if they didn't want to see the Arsenal do well) there are no real or fake gooners, just people lucky enough to be able to go to the games. Either by location or financially.

Frankly Eboue has been shocking in midfield and isn't suited there. That's been pretty obvious for a while to most people other than Arsene and unfortunately if it takes a lot of booing to make it clear then that what's got to happen for the good of the team.

I still think he has a role to play as the backup RB, lets not forget his contribution on the CL run a few years back. But why play him in midfield when we have better options to bring on there?

:arsesmile:

Welcome matey, I pretty much agree with you here apart from the booing, I just think it's OTT!

Eboue is not a midfielder and he's keeping out better players in that position! Just my opinion! :think:
To Alcohol!! The cause of and solution to all of life's problems!!
Igmalian
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Scumbag Goon » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:58 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
Fordy wrote:considering its by far the most expensive ground to go to what did you expect to happen.

You sold your sole to the devil

Our sole? What, our fish......?

Scumbag Goon wrote:To those who disagree with Eboue being booed of the field, f**k That! These players get paid millions of dollars to play, if they consistently f**k up enough to the point where they could have cost the team the win, they should get booed. Wenger made the right choice by subbing him off. I guarantee all of you would be booing if that pass he gave Wigan led go a goal. I feel no empathy for him, if he can't play, then he should pack up and leave. Vela, should have been playing that wing position to begin with.

Wow, you really are a scumbag....!

It's self titled my friend. I've got not pity or sympathy for those who can make a simple pass. It wasn't much to ask of him, a couple of simple passes, or he should have gotten the f**k outta the way when toure was running down the flank with the ball. He waived him off from a f***ing mile away. Sheer stupidity is not tolerated.
Scumbag Goon
Patrick Vieira

Postby Scumbag Goon » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:59 pm

Libertine wrote:
Scumbag Goon wrote:To those who disagree with Eboue being booed of the field, f**k That! These players get paid millions of dollars to play.

Dollars! :dizzy:
Has our national currency changed?

Sorry mate, I'm not British. I reside in Los Angeles, California.
Scumbag Goon
Patrick Vieira

Postby Scumbag Goon » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:00 pm

simsuk wrote:
Scumbag Goon wrote:To those who disagree with Eboue being booed of the field, f**k That! These players get paid millions of dollars to play, if they consistently f**k up enough to the point where they could have cost the team the win, they should get booed. Wenger made the right choice by subbing him off. I guarantee all of you would be booing if that pass he gave Wigan led go a goal. I feel no empathy for him, if he can't play, then he should pack up and leave. Vela, should have been playing that wing position to begin with.

Dude, hes only come back from injury you muppet. He had been playing well at Ashburton Grove(Libertine:D) before his injury.

I will concede that he may perhaps have been out of form due to his injury, but that's still not an excuse for f***ing up traditionally. Also, remember that players are only as good as their last game.
Scumbag Goon
Patrick Vieira

Postby Scumbag Goon » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:03 pm

maslo wrote:

sorry mate, obviously your entitled to your own opinion, but i think your so wrong, there is nothing to be gained by booing our own players, its only gonna further the nerves of the player make him more vulnerable and its gonna massively affect the team as a whole, they are people regardless of their millions and need our support keep your moaning to yourself or these forums but when you are out their to support, GODDAM support!

1-0 sticky result but a win none the less.
come on you Gooners lets keep this going, no relapse like after Manure!

If he doesn't have nerves to play at a high level, then maybe he shouldn't be playing for Arsenal, should he....? What if this was a Champions League Semi Finals and he f***ked up like this? Composure is key, if he ain't got it then he should be playing for a less demanding team.
Scumbag Goon
Patrick Vieira

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:15 pm

Scumbag Goon wrote:
maslo wrote:

sorry mate, obviously your entitled to your own opinion, but i think your so wrong, there is nothing to be gained by booing our own players, its only gonna further the nerves of the player make him more vulnerable and its gonna massively affect the team as a whole, they are people regardless of their millions and need our support keep your moaning to yourself or these forums but when you are out their to support, GODDAM support!

1-0 sticky result but a win none the less.
come on you Gooners lets keep this going, no relapse like after Manure!

If he doesn't have nerves to play at a high level, then maybe he shouldn't be playing for Arsenal, should he....? What if this was a Champions League Semi Finals and he f***ked up like this? Composure is key, if he ain't got it then he should be playing for a less demanding team.

viewtopic.php?f=5&p=177319#p177319

This is football, crucifixion went out a long time ago.

I'm sorry, but this has really annoyed me.

He doesn't deserve that sort of treatment.

Disgrace :angry:
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Scumbag Goon » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:17 pm

gzagee wrote:

Chatting bollocks. You'd be happy to see our own fans booing our players? And to that extent even those who try hard?
I like quite a few around here am not his biggest fan but, there is no doubt he's one of the hardest working players in our squad. And when you stand his effort against some of the others I shall not mention then one wonders why the hell idiots want to boo him.
You forget, he did not ask to be played there, he plays wherever the boss asks him to. He never complains. He's grateful to be playing for Arsenal, even though he probably knows that when both TW and Sagna are fit he won't be playing much.
Your stupid simple ignorant opinion is pointless, and fans like you only serve to show to other supporters what a bunch of muppets we've got following us these days.
Get a grip.

I didn't chastise him for his lack of heart, I did it for the lack of composure, there is a huge difference. Whether or not he's grateful for playing at Arsenal is completely irrelevant to this matter, should it be okay to f**k up because he's grateful to play at Arsenal?

I've joined in on boo's when players have f***ked up in the past, i.e. if you follow basketball, specifically the Los Angeles Lakers, the greatest Basketball Franchise in the world, then you would probably remember Kwame Brown. The biggest waste of space on the court.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh21KLjqo3Q

Yes...! I was at that game and I helped on the boo's. It's my opinion but I stand by what I say/did. Some of you have to witness one of these errors cost Arsenal points to really understand why he was being booed. Gallas vs Tottenham? Where was the support for him then?
Scumbag Goon
Patrick Vieira

Postby Inchpräctice » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:31 pm

Thanks for all the bullshit replies.
So what exactly do you hope to achieve with your booing?
How do you imagine it helps?
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:25 am

I'll complain and bitch about the team all day long if they play like donkeys, but what I saw today was pathetic, and nothing short of victimisation of a player it's "fashionable" to dislike.

On top of that, we were winning! These muppets don't deserve to be Gooners, I'm sorry if that puts a few noses out of joint, but that's the long and short of it.

It takes the term "bullying" to a whole new level, when hundreds of people get on the back of some poor guy, just because they've got it into their head that they don't like him. It's one thing saying a player is useless on an internet forum (which we have all done, I'm sure), it's quite another to completely demoralise a player, to the point that he goes to pieces in front of our eyes.

It's something that I hope I never see again. Truly the ugliest face of football :snooty:
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby InvincibleGunners » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:15 am

Fordy wrote:
It was announced on 5 October 2004 that the Emirates Stadium will be known as such for at least the first 15 years after the club agreed a £100m sponsorship deal with Emirates Airline. This sum also includes payments for an eight-year shirt sponsorship by Emirates, starting in the 2006–07 season.[11]

The stadium name is often colloquially shortened to "The Emirates", although some supporters continue to use the former name "Ashburton Grove" or even "The Grove" for the new stadium, especially those who object to the concept of corporate sponsorship of stadium names.[12] This discrepancy between official and unofficial names is similar to the manner in which Arsenal's former ground, Arsenal Stadium, is almost universally referred to as "Highbury" by supporters, the media and the club itself.[13]

Due to UEFA regulations on stadium sponsors, during UEFA Champions League matches the stadium is not officially referred to as Emirates Stadium, as Emirates are not an official sponsor of the Champions League competition; other stadia, such as the Allianz Arena in Munich, have fallen foul of this rule before.[14] UEFA refer to the stadium as Arsenal Stadium,[15] which was the official name of the stadium at Highbury.

Cheers Fordy, that's all I needed to know, Libertine I dodn't want to pi$$ you off or anything, I just gave you that link because that's how Arsenal refer to the stadium, I should have made it clear.

So back to my original point (if you care anymore!) what's wrong with calling it The Emirates?
Wenger for life, may he live forever!
InvincibleGunners
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby gzagee » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:11 pm

Scumbag Goon wrote:
gzagee wrote:

Chatting bollocks. You'd be happy to see our own fans booing our players? And to that extent even those who try hard?
I like quite a few around here am not his biggest fan but, there is no doubt he's one of the hardest working players in our squad. And when you stand his effort against some of the others I shall not mention then one wonders why the hell idiots want to boo him.
You forget, he did not ask to be played there, he plays wherever the boss asks him to. He never complains. He's grateful to be playing for Arsenal, even though he probably knows that when both TW and Sagna are fit he won't be playing much.
Your stupid simple ignorant opinion is pointless, and fans like you only serve to show to other supporters what a bunch of muppets we've got following us these days.
Get a grip.

I didn't chastise him for his lack of heart, I did it for the lack of composure, there is a huge difference. Whether or not he's grateful for playing at Arsenal is completely irrelevant to this matter, should it be okay to f**k up because he's grateful to play at Arsenal?

I've joined in on boo's when players have f***ked up in the past, i.e. if you follow basketball, specifically the Los Angeles Lakers, the greatest Basketball Franchise in the world, then you would probably remember Kwame Brown. The biggest waste of space on the court.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh21KLjqo3Q

Yes...! I was at that game and I helped on the boo's. It's my opinion but I stand by what I say/did. Some of you have to witness one of these errors cost Arsenal points to really understand why he was being booed. Gallas vs Tottenham? Where was the support for him then?

So now you're suggesting we don't go to games and we can only understand if we go to games, eh?
Listen pal, there are a great many here that do go to games, and even if peeps don't it don't make their opinions less relevant. As folks have already stated he was coming back from a layoff, he was played in totally the wrong position and it was only two mistakes!
I don't give a flying fick about LA Lakers and their bunch of rapists.
The words mindless and prat come to mind, here.
Taxi for Scumbag!
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:28 pm

gzagee wrote:I don't give a flying fick about LA Lakers and their bunch of rapists.

My Mrs just fell in love with you there.

gzagee wrote:Taxi for Scumbag!

Then I did :redface:

Scumbag, I was at the game and never would I ever boo a player in an Arsenal shirt because he had a bad day. Eboue had actually been playing pretty decent until hi sinjury and put in a MOTM worthy game against Bolton. You are the type of fan we don't need. The I paid my money so I can do as I please fan. I want fans there who pay for the honour of supporting the team not who pay to watch some fancy football and boo a player when a pass doesn't come off.

Please let the door hit you on the way out and let it be painful.
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:58 pm

Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:
gzagee wrote:I don't give a flying fick about LA Lakers and their bunch of rapists.

My Mrs just fell in love with you there.

gzagee wrote:Taxi for Scumbag!

Then I did :redface:

Scumbag, I was at the game and never would I ever boo a player in an Arsenal shirt because he had a bad day. Eboue had actually been playing pretty decent until hi sinjury and put in a MOTM worthy game against Bolton. You are the type of fan we don't need. The I paid my money so I can do as I please fan. I want fans there who pay for the honour of supporting the team not who pay to watch some fancy football and boo a player when a pass doesn't come off.

Please let the door hit you on the way out and let it be painful.

:rofll: :clap:
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:13 pm

That's an absolutely f***ing brilliant photo GES, thanks.

:rofll: :rofll: :rofll:

I actually cried.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09