Chelsea Vs Arsenal | Premiership 30/11/08

Re: Chelsea Vs Arsenal | Premiership 30/11/08

Postby rodney » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:54 pm

Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:
What game were you watching? Ade was well up for it! He played a part in both the goals and for a player just back from a few weeks lay of fhe did well to last past the 80th minute in a game like yesterday.

Some people are never bloody happy.

Well up for it? Clichy was well up for it. Ade was definitely not. He hardly won a thing all game and his work rate was awful. Bendtner ran more in 10 minutes than Ade did all game.

I am happy, but he was still shit. Just because we won a player should be immune from criticism? I'll be happy with Ade when his performances reflect the value of his new contract that he demanded.
rodney
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:58 pm

rodney wrote:
Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:
What game were you watching? Ade was well up for it! He played a part in both the goals and for a player just back from a few weeks lay of fhe did well to last past the 80th minute in a game like yesterday.

Some people are never bloody happy.

Well up for it? Clichy was well up for it. Ade was definitely not. He hardly won a thing all game and his work rate was awful. Bendtner ran more in 10 minutes than Ade did all game.

I am happy, but he was still shit. Just because we won a player should be immune from criticism? I'll be happy with Ade when his performances reflect the value of his new contract that he demanded.

Hardly won a thing but the two headers vital to both our goals eh?
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby liam_cork » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:32 pm

what f***ing result!! down the boozer taking shit before the game then they go one up the abuse gets thicker and faster but come on van persie and off side to piss the c**** off more!
arsene knows
liam_cork
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:50 am

Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:Hardly won a thing but the two headers vital to both our goals eh?

I watched the game again in full on ATV last night.
Ade was good and bad imo. There were a couple of moments when he got the ball and was level with a defender that he could've outpaced but he didn't seem to want to sprint, maybe because of his ankle...?
But you can't say he was rubbish because he played an important part in both goals, very important.

Seeing it again I realised that I'd overlooked Almunia. He was really solid that day and brave too, taking a whack in the head from Kalou. Nothing he could do about Djourou's goal. Good solid performance from him. :thumbsup:
Song and Djourou were really impressive too. When you think how young they are they were both totally fearless and proved a point well I think.
That's probably the best performance from Song that I've seen tbh.
The people who have criticised Denilson should also remember that he set up our first goal with good chest control and a good pass.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:39 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:Hardly won a thing but the two headers vital to both our goals eh?

I watched the game again in full on ATV last night.
Ade was good and bad imo. There were a couple of moments when he got the ball and was level with a defender that he could've outpaced but he didn't seem to want to sprint, maybe because of his ankle...?
But you can't say he was rubbish because he played an important part in both goals, very important.

Seeing it again I realised that I'd overlooked Almunia. He was really solid that day and brave too, taking a whack in the head from Kalou. Nothing he could do about Djourou's goal. Good solid performance from him. :thumbsup:
Song and Djourou were really impressive too. When you think how young they are they were both totally fearless and proved a point well I think.
That's probably the best performance from Song that I've seen tbh.
The people who have criticised Denilson should also remember that he set up our first goal with good chest control and a good pass.

I think I agree with most of that. Ade just seemed real lazy that day, he did help out on those two goals, but thats about it. Denilson is still up in the air for me, he has been working a lot harder, but sometimes the quality isn't there, I know he's been out of position the whole season pretty much, but I'd just like to see that little extra from him, maybe it will come with time. Song played his heart out, and the whole team for that matter really looked like they wanted it. I watched the game again last night too, even though I thought for about 65-70 minutes of the game we kind of lost the midfield battle, we still fought hard and never stopped, and those 20-25 minutes we controlled the midfield is where we won the game.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Libertine » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:10 pm

Inchpractice wrote:Seeing it again I realised that I'd overlooked Almunia. Nothing he could do about Djourou's goal.

He could have not thrown it to a Chelsea player to start with. ;)
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:18 pm

Libertine wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:Seeing it again I realised that I'd overlooked Almunia. Nothing he could do about Djourou's goal.

He could have not thrown it to a Chelsea player to start with. ;)

You're right I'd forgotten about that. :redface:

That was stupid of him but apart from that I thought he had a good game.
I'd always much rather he threw the ball out to a breaking midfielder rather than punt it upfield to no-one the way some keepers do. On this occasion he got it wrong though.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Cheese » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:02 pm

Although Chelsea only had ONE shot in target throughout the game, Almunia played well when needed. Good on crosses corners and free-kicks.
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby niko197 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:52 pm

finally i saw the game!!!! i had to wait 2 days to see that game on chelsea tv. yes, chelsea tv. :redface:
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09