Manchester City Vs Arsenal | Premiership 22/11/08

Re: Manchester City Vs Arsenal | Premiership 22/11/08

Postby Yorkyblue » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:50 pm

f***ing hell you're shit. We're f***ing useless and have a clueless c*** in charge (as it seemed for all but 2 games this season). I'd jump ship and be a Leeds fan if I were you guys.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:07 am

Yorkyblue wrote:f***ing hell you're shit. We're f***ing useless and have a clueless **** in charge (as it seemed for all but 2 games this season). I'd jump ship and be a Leeds fan if I were you guys.

With regards to today mate we lacked heart, the skill is there it was just lack of heart and players playing for each other.

You lot ran over us and in reality it could have been 6.

I really don't get some of the comments in there today though, I dunno how many of you saw the match but those who are wanting to throw the towel in please do so cos we reall don't need you. We need people supporting the club who are gonna give it all they have.

I witnessed Arsenal 'fans' leave today after City's second which is piss poor by any standards. All this moaning about will we get out this mess Villa'll finish above is and the rest of the crying brigade can go crawl in bed with Gallas!

Have a bit of faith for Christ sake! Not one of the 'big 4' won today, it's November it ain't May.
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby Yorkyblue » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:10 am

Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:f***ing hell you're shit. We're f***ing useless and have a clueless **** in charge (as it seemed for all but 2 games this season). I'd jump ship and be a Leeds fan if I were you guys.

With regards to today mate we lacked heart, the skill is there it was just lack of heart and players playing for each other.

You lot ran over us and in reality it could have been 6.

I really don't get some of the comments in there today though, I dunno how many of you saw the match but those who are wanting to throw the towel in please do so cos we reall don't need you. We need people supporting the club who are gonna give it all they have.

I witnessed Arsenal 'fans' leave today after City's second which is piss poor by any standards. All this moaning about will we get out this mess Villa'll finish above is and the rest of the crying brigade can go crawl in bed with Gallas!

Have a bit of faith for Christ sake! Not one of the 'big 4' won today, it's November it ain't May.

Good post mate. :clap:
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:15 am

Leeds?
Christ it aint that bad mate!! :shock:

Even if we were relegated via a 13-0 defeat to Spurs I still wouldn't stoop that low!
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Gooner Girl » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:54 am

Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:I really don't get some of the comments in there today though, I dunno how many of you saw the match but those who are wanting to throw the towel in please do so cos we reall don't need you. We need people supporting the club who are gonna give it all they have.

Agreed Ades - a lot of the newer fans who have only known Arsenal under Wengers reign have been spoilt rotten - they are used to and expect an easy top 4 finish and a cup of some sort.

Now i am no extremely old fan like SE13 ;) but i DO remember partying on down when Bergkamp scored against Bolton to give us of all things a UEFA cup place!! Hardly sucess as fans would measure it these days. And i remember some pretty appalling games and mid table finishes in George Grahams later days with us. Arsenal have been through harder times then this - remember Grahams departure and Adams and Mersons addiction admissions? Remember having the likes of Glenn Helder, David Hillier, Ian Selley and Steve Morrow in our midfield and John Hartson up front - doesn't make Denilson, Bendtner etc appear quite so bad does it?! I am sure the likes of Libertine and SE can remember way worse then i can. This is nothing really. We need to put it in perspective.

The club has been rocked way worse then this before. As Ades says its November, not May and yes we have been crap and might not win the league but i wouldn't bet against us for a cup (or two) and those 'fans' that walked out early aren't proper fans at all in my eyes...
Gooner Girl
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby SE13 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:08 pm

Before people cry too much, in 89 we had an awful run in November, and still went on to be Champions! But of course, back then we had Rocky.....

**EDIT**

<<<<---- Palindromic post count :)

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby rodney » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:46 pm

There is one man to blame for the position we currently find ourselves in and that is Arsene Wenger. Flamini should have been given however much money he wanted to stay, as his absence has cost us so much. What we got was faith in Denilson who is not a defensive midfileder, as he doesn't have the pace or the strength in the tackle to be anywhere near good enough for that position.

We needed a new central defender. A leader, someone who would take charge of the defence and be strong in the air so when we came up against the likes of Drogba, Davies and Carew we wouldn't have to worry. Instead we got Mikel Silvestre, who nothing needs to be said about.

Finally we needed a new winger. Wenger knew Rosicky wasn't going to be fit and even if he was his history of injuries suggested we needed a new wideman. Theo never completes 90 minutes and Nasri is new to the Premiership and was always going to need time to adapt. We all know how shit Eboue is on the right wing. What did we get? Nothing.

Allowing Adebayor to stay after his antics in the Summer. Keeping Gallas on as captain when he clearly wasn't the option. Going from having so many leaders in our team with the likes of Adams, Vieira, Henry etc... we are now left with our best choice being Gallas.

It's all good and well saying we have a great crop of youngsters, but the likes of Wilshere, Ramsey, Hoyte and Vela are years off being established first team players. What matters is right now and we should never be in this kind of position. If the money is there and so it should given the money the club have made from the Emirates stadium and the fact we've spent f**k all over the last few years. Then we need to go out and buy ourselves three top quality players.
rodney
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Cheese » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:20 pm

Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:I really don't get some of the comments in there today though, I dunno how many of you saw the match but those who are wanting to throw the towel in please do so cos we reall don't need you. We need people supporting the club who are gonna give it all they have.

:hail:

Said like a true Gooner. :clap:
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby nischit4 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:42 pm

rodney wrote: Instead we got Mikel Silvestre, who nothing needs to be said about.

I thought he was excellent yesterday. I could only catch 60 minutes of the match but I don't remember him putting a foot wrong.
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."— George W. Bush
nischit4
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby SE13 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:12 pm

Via E-Mail, Arsene Wenger wrote:Dear Supporter,

I believe it was a flattering victory for Manchester City on Saturday. We conceded in stoppage time at the end of the first half and before that they had not created much.

The difficulty in a game like this one and Aston Villa last Saturday is that we really have to keep a 0-0 as long as possible. Many teams in England just defend and try not to concede. Man City did that on Saturday.

We were quite in control but after the goal the game turned and they played on the counter-attack.

However we just played into their hands. We lacked the maturity to deal with being in a dominant situation in the game and yet not getting caught. For their second goal, it was a free-kick to us and the third was a soft penalty.

When you play football you can always lose. We have not to panic, keep our focus and keep going. It is difficult but there is no reason to be desperate.

I believe what is important is the environment inside the Club and we should keep the confidence high.

We must focus on the next game and not have set targets that don't look immediately reachable. Let's try to win and see where we go from here.

I have had worse weeks. It is not all negative. We have to take the positives and keep the belief. In a big club you have to go through these periods, and how we deal with it will shape our future.

William Gallas did not play against Manchester City but he will feature against Dynamo Kyiv. However he will not be the captain, it will be Cesc Fabregas instead.

This is a permanent thing. But I don't think I especially have to explain why publically and this subject is now closed for me.

Of course Cesc is one of the leaders of the team anyway. I have told you many times that I do not believe in one providential man in the dressing room that sorts out all the problems.

A successful team has a shared leadership inside the dressing room and he will be one of the leaders but not the only one. It is very important that we share that leadership inside the dressing room.

Thanks for your support.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:55 pm

Well that shows Wenger is a prick. Stopped reading after the first line. Maybe he meant the result was flattering for Arsenal?
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:59 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:Well that shows Wenger is a prick. Stopped reading after the first line. Maybe he meant the result was flattering for Arsenal?

He isn't a prick but I don't think he should've said that.
We were poor and that's why we lost, end of.

I think what he was trying to say was that both teams were crap in the first half and we probably had more posession overall so we shouldn't have lost by such a huge margin - but it came out wrong because he was livid with his team.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Fordy » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:05 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:Well that shows Wenger is a prick. Stopped reading after the first line. Maybe he meant the result was flattering for Arsenal?

over the last few it has got to a stage where all he says is crap
Fordy

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:19 pm

Give us an example then Fordy.....?
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Fordy » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:38 pm

stoke..............

He blamed your draw in the Cl on stoke

and after the stoke match he said stoke played well then 2 days later slagged them off.

Alot of people on here have commented on wenger talking crap with lame excuses if you dont think so its your choice but i know as a fact wenger is fast becoming a bit of a joke to fans out side Arsenal, Its always someone else s fault with him and he is unable to admit somebody else was better than his team on the day.
Fordy

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09