Manchester City Vs Arsenal | Premiership 22/11/08

Re: Manchester City Vs Arsenal | Premiership 22/11/08

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:58 pm

Fordy wrote:stoke..............

He blamed your draw in the Cl on stoke

and after the stoke match he said stoke played well then 2 days later slagged them off.

Alot of people on here have commented on wenger talking crap with lame excuses if you dont think so its your choice but i know as a fact wenger is fast becoming a bit of a joke to fans out side Arsenal, Its always someone else s fault with him and he is unable to admit somebody else was better than his team on the day.

No, the difference is Fordy, I watch the Arsenal press conferences on ATVO rather than reading the bit that the journalists think is interesting on Sky Sports or in The Sun.

The Stoke game is a classic example. He gave a 15 minute press conference in which he praised the Stoke team and clearly said that they deserved to win.
2 days later in a different press conference he was asked about the injuries to our players and he said that some of Stoke's tackles were illegal and should've been picked up by the ref but more specifically he completely rejected the idea that his team are 'not brave enough' to win the Prem. This was an assertion made by a Stoke player which angered him and he responded directly to that. He was also at pains to point out that he wasn't criticising Stoke or making excuses for the loss because he'd already praised them in the post-match interview.

By the time the media had twisted it there way it was spun into 'Wenger says Stoke are crap at football and just foul all the time'.
This is of course a million miles from what he actually said. He actually said "A Stoke player said that we lost the game because we're not brave enough but the brave one is the one that tries to ride through tackles not the one who tackles late and from behind. To me this is not bravery."
He never ONCE said or implied that Stoke fouled their way to a win, but this is how the media twisted it.
You should learn to take everything you read with a bucket of salt, you should know that by now.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Fordy » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:26 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
Fordy wrote:stoke..............

He blamed your draw in the Cl on stoke

and after the stoke match he said stoke played well then 2 days later slagged them off.

Alot of people on here have commented on wenger talking crap with lame excuses if you dont think so its your choice but i know as a fact wenger is fast becoming a bit of a joke to fans out side Arsenal, Its always someone else s fault with him and he is unable to admit somebody else was better than his team on the day.

No, the difference is Fordy, I watch the Arsenal press conferences on ATVO rather than reading the bit that the journalists think is interesting on Sky Sports or in The Sun.

The Stoke game is a classic example. He gave a 15 minute press conference in which he praised the Stoke team and clearly said that they deserved to win.
2 days later in a different press conference he was asked about the injuries to our players and he said that some of Stoke's tackles were illegal and should've been picked up by the ref but more specifically he completely rejected the idea that his team are 'not brave enough' to win the Prem. This was an assertion made by a Stoke player which angered him and he responded directly to that. He was also at pains to point out that he wasn't criticising Stoke or making excuses for the loss because he'd already praised them in the post-match interview.

By the time the media had twisted it there way it was spun into 'Wenger says Stoke are crap at football and just foul all the time'.
This is of course a million miles from what he actually said. He actually said "A Stoke player said that we lost the game because we're not brave enough but the brave one is the one that tries to ride through tackles not the one who tackles late and from behind. To me this is not bravery."
He never ONCE said or implied that Stoke fouled their way to a win, but this is how the media twisted it.
You should learn to take everything you read with a bucket of salt, you should know that by now.

yet again you seem to believe you are the only one who watch's things and every one else just reads the papers i make it a point after every game to watch not read what wenger has said.

any way im not trying to convince you it your choice to believe what you want, in the past i said your deffence was crap i got told i was wrong but now its what everyone thinks, in the past i said certain players where crap i got told i was wrong but now its what most think , i said the team was too young blah blah blah you know the rest.

and for 2 years i have been saying wenger has lost the plot and slowly every one else is starting to think it
Fordy

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:44 pm

Fordy wrote:yet again you seem to believe you are the only one who watch's things and every one else just reads the papers i make it a point after every game to watch not read what wenger has said.

any way im not trying to convince you it your choice to believe what you want, in the past i said your deffence was crap i got told i was wrong but now its what everyone thinks, in the past i said certain players where crap i got told i was wrong but now its what most think , i said the team was too young blah blah blah you know the rest.

and for 2 years i have been saying wenger has lost the plot and slowly every one else is starting to think it

How can it possibly be true that you watch Wenger's entire press conference and then say that he slagged Stoke off and used their fouls as an excuse as why the team lost?
If you watched it you obviously weren't listening. If you watched it you wouldn't believe the crap that's in the papers which you always do.
Don't pretend to know what Wenger is thinking when you don't hear his comments in context.

So you made a few knee-jerk comments, a few people now agree with you and suddenly you're Fordy the soothsayer?
Sorry I don't buy that. Your knee-jerk comments were wrong at the time and they're still wrong now.
Our defence is certainly not crap. If it were we'd be a lot further down the table than we are.
We're lacking a good midfielder at the moment to protect the back four and we're also lacking half the team through injuries. Let's have some perspective here.

You pointed out that the team was young, no shit Sherlock! We all said that on here as soon as the transfer window closed. Not really a controversial statement is it?
Having other knee-jerkers back up your knee-jerk statements doesn't mean that we (and Arsene) should've listened to you all along because you had the clarity and vision to see the real picture.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Fordy » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:49 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
Fordy wrote:yet again you seem to believe you are the only one who watch's things and every one else just reads the papers i make it a point after every game to watch not read what wenger has said.

How can it possibly be true that you watch Wenger's entire press conference and then say that he slagged Stoke off and used their fouls as an excuse as why the team lost?
If you watched it you obviously weren't listening. If you watched it you wouldn't believe the crap that's in the papers which you always do.
Don't pretend to know what Wenger is thinking when you don't hear his comments in context.

So you made a few knee-jerk comments, a few people now agree with you and suddenly you're Fordy the soothsayer?
Sorry I don't buy that. Your knee-jerk comments were wrong at the time and they're still wrong now.
Our defence is certainly not crap. If it were we'd be a lot further down the table than we are.
We're lacking a good midfielder at the moment to protect the back four and we're also lacking half the team through injuries. Let's have some perspective here.

You pointed out that the team was young, no shit Sherlock! We all said that on here as soon as the transfer window closed. Not really a controversial statement is it?
Having other knee-jerkers back up your knee-jerk statements doesn't mean that we (and Arsene) should've listened to you all along because you had the clarity and vision to see the real picture.

You thought you would win the league i said you wouldn't be in the top 4 im winning so far.

Also i have said the same things for years even when you was top i was still saying the bubble would burst so its hardly knee jerk.

While we are on knee jerk it seems to me anything anyone says that is bad about the squad is knee jerk to you. If im been honest the posts after the man utd game where more knee jerk than the ones after the rest of the games.
Fordy

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:11 pm

Fordy wrote:You thought you would win the league i said you wouldn't be in the top 4 im winning so far.

Also i have said the same things for years even when you was top i was still saying the bubble would burst so its hardly knee jerk.

While we are on knee jerk it seems to me anything anyone says that is bad about the squad is knee jerk to you. If im been honest the posts after the man utd game where more knee jerk than the ones after the rest of the games.

Who thought we would win the league?
I'm sure there's a thread on here somewhere which is months old asking all members if they think we can win the league and plenty of people didn't.

Saying to a team that is top of the league "the bubble will burst", again it's hardly a prophetic statement is it?
In the last few years which team has stayed top of the league continuously year after year?
None of them, it's the nature of football that some teams will have good years and bad years.
No-one here is stupid enough to think that if we get to the CL final or win the Prem one year we're automatically going to win it the next.

There were plenty of knee-jerk comments after the Manure game but they were nearly all in the knee-jerk thread if I remember.
And no it's not that anything that's bad about the squad is a knee-jerk reaction but I have always maintained that slagging off players who are under the age of 23 is a stupid endeavour because they are still learning the game and are bound to have crap months/seasons, it's all part of being young.
I have also always maintained that slagging off players because of things they are 'alleged' to have said in the papers is also stupid because papers frequently invent things e.g. Fabregas is leaving in the Summer and e.g. Ljungberg hates Arsenal etc. etc.

So slag off the squad all you want but don't do it without concrete evidence or intelligent argument otherwise I will view it as a knee-jerk.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09