Arsenal Vs Aston Villa | Premiership 15/11/08

Re: Arsenal Vs Aston Villa | Premiership 15/11/08

Postby Fordy » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:39 pm

Inchpractice wrote:According to you it's everyone's fault. :rolleyes:

wrong its Wenger , denilson , eboue ,gallas ,dirty manc , ade , the board , song , almunia , bendy,rosicy and rvp's fault
Fordy

Postby Trina » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:41 pm

I'll lock him back up tonight..
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby thebish » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:45 pm

Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:I wasn't having a go mate, Fordy is spot on, and yes, you are right, we can't break those teams down, so why not?

Is Ferguson better tactically than Wenger? I sincerely hope not :(

much as it pains me to say it - manU not being my natural ally!!!! - but - yes - Ferguson is better tactically then Wenger. The difference is that Fergie has a plan B - and does NOT simply expect the world to stand back and give his players the space to playe the game they want to. Wenger is as stubborn as an ox in expecting other teams to sit back and watch you pass it in pretty circles and tap it in at the other end. and he'll whine about teams getting in ur face - and defending - and not giving you space - and playing like men! - and cramping ur style - and playing negatively.....

but if in his many years of premiership management he has not yet realised that teams are still going to be so outrageous as to not listen to him - then he has to work out how to overcome it.

from where i sit - his approach seems to be one of...

1. over 90mins we have enough quality players to make something out of nothing - even against a really dogged team
2. teams cannot keep up that kind of dogged defense for a whole 94mins and they are bound to crack

most of the time he is right - and the number of goals arsenal score in the last 5mins is testament to that... BUT... teams are much fitter nowadays - and sometimes you're gonna have to do summat else other than simply hope that superior quality will make the breakthrough....

(I'm not gonna tell you what that summat is - cos we play u in January - and if i did - we'd all be shagged!!!) - but fergie worked out what it was years ago ;)
thebish

Postby Inchpräctice » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:40 pm

Trina wrote:I'll lock him back up tonight..

Do us a favour, hide the key for a while will you...?
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Gooner Girl » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:53 pm

thebish wrote: The difference is that Fergie has a plan B - and does NOT simply expect the world to stand back and give his players the space to playe the game they want to. Wenger is as stubborn as an ox in expecting other teams to sit back and watch you pass it in pretty circles and tap it in at the other end. and he'll whine about teams getting in ur face - and defending - and not giving you space - and playing like men! - and cramping ur style - and playing negatively.....

but if in his many years of premiership management he has not yet realised that teams are still going to be so outrageous as to not listen to him - then he has to work out how to overcome it.

from where i sit - his approach seems to be one of...

1. over 90mins we have enough quality players to make something out of nothing - even against a really dogged team
2. teams cannot keep up that kind of dogged defense for a whole 94mins and they are bound to crack

most of the time he is right - and the number of goals arsenal score in the last 5mins is testament to that... BUT... teams are much fitter nowadays - and sometimes you're gonna have to do summat else other than simply hope that superior quality will make the breakthrough....

Much as i hate to say it The Bish is right for once ;)

I was chatting about it with Good Eye Sniper just now - Wenger does seem to expect teams to sit back and let us play fancy dan football round them and that just won't happen in the premiership. Teams are savvy to it these days (its why i think champions league football suits us better)

The lack of a plan B and certain players complacency are the 2 root causes of our problems i think. Other then a new DM (ok, I have given up on Diaby, Inch ;) ) i don't think Wenger desperatly needs to buy in - i saw how amazing our reserves can play on tuesday - lack of depth is not the problem. Wenger needs to find a way to get the team playing at their potential in EVERY match, cos i still believe on our day we are best in the league (just don't seem to be having 'our days' very much at the moment... :( :think: )
Gooner Girl
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby SE13 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:45 pm

Via E-Mail, Arsene Wenger wrote:Dear Supporter,

Our performance on Saturday was not good but it was the kind of game where you can win 1-0. Could we have lost the game in the first half? Yes. But instead we lost it when we looked stronger in the second half. It was the kind of game where you cannot afford a mistake at the back and I believe we were punished because of that.

I feel we were a bit unlucky as well on the first goal because we had Bacary Sagna down after getting injured. For the second goal there was a blatant foul on Carlos Vela on the edge of their box. Instead of having a chance to equalise from a free-kick we are then 2-0 down. Sagna's injury is quite serious by the way and I expect him to be out for a few weeks. He has hurt his ankle.

We beat Manchester United last week and then lost this week, while Villa beat us after losing against Middlesbrough and Newcastle. Top-level performance is about consistency and at the moment we are not consistent enough to produce that kind of performance week-in week-out.

You have to accept that the game is played by human beings and sometimes physically they have a drop. It is very difficult for us to have a rational explanation about what happened against Villa. I believe that the team have the desire but like a few other times this year it is unexplainable why we don't really play at our 100 per cent potential.

I have to say Villa played well and they deserved to win but I don't want to talk about them too much because I don't know them very well. On Saturday they played well but I saw their game against Middlesbrough on tape and they could have lost by six or seven so it is very difficult for me to assess them. They have a big potential if you look at the performance against us.

Finally, I have been asked a lot about possible transfers in January but it is too early to answer that question. We are mid-November and we have to see where we are at the end of December. At the moment, speculating about transfers won't help us.

Thanks for your support.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby whee » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:09 pm

"I have to say Villa played well and they deserved to win but I don't want to talk about them too much because I don't know them very well"

Sorry?

You've played against them 2 times a season, every year you'd had at the club Wenger.

They're the team most people tipped at the start of the season to pip either us or Liverpool into 4th.

f***ing learn about it.
whee
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Fordy » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:09 pm

Im unsure if he will spend in January, i think he knows he has to but he is very stubborn and people have been telling him for years he needs to buy and i think he would rather struggle on than have everyone tell him i told you so
Fordy

Postby whee » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:36 am

Sad thing is, I think you're right with that one Fordy.

I'd love to see him go apeshit with the chequebook, from day 1 of the window, sign 2 or 3 players, they don't even have to be world beaters, just new players would be ace.

We'll sign just the one though, some 15 year old African sprinter who's never seen a bowl of pasta in his life, let alone a football.
whee
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Inchpräctice » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:01 am

whee wrote:"I have to say Villa played well and they deserved to win but I don't want to talk about them too much because I don't know them very well"

Sorry?

You've played against them 2 times a season, every year you'd had at the club Wenger.

They're the team most people tipped at the start of the season to pip either us or Liverpool into 4th.

f***ing learn about it.

Hear f***ing hear.

O' Neill knows ALL about us, he's got our number baby, time we found out who he was.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby whee » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:04 am

It's a real ignorant thing for Wenger to come out and say, in my opinion.

About time he woke up, smelt the coffee, and saw what the rest of us saw, which is a beautiful football playing side, but with very little backbone.

He's got the f***ing cash, I know for a fact he has, cos I got given 38Mil on Footy Manager!!!!! :D
whee
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Trina » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:48 am

lol :D
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Cheese » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:05 am

whee wrote:He's got the f***ing cash, I know for a fact he has, cos I got given 38Mil on Footy Manager!!!!! :D

Just out of intrest, how much is Bendtner? :sneaky:
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby thebish » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:33 pm

Via E-Mail, Arsene Wenger wrote:Dear Supporter,

Blah... blah... blah....

thebish

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09