Arsenal Vs Aston Villa | Premiership 15/11/08

Re: Arsenal Vs Aston Villa | Premiership 15/11/08

Postby UFGN » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:20 pm

From what I heard it was all Villa. Bendtner was a donkey, we defended well, but not well enough, and failed to get forward enough.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:20 pm

Bristol_Gunner wrote:"We can play very well, but at the top level performances have to be consistent. I always say the first sign of quality is consistency, so this was frustrating after beating Manchester United."

this is from his bbc interview. To me it implies that he doesnt think the squad is good enough to challenge tbh.

Which flies in the face of everything he's been drubbing into us for years.

The squad is good enough, the squad is big enough, the squad lives in happy land with the magic singing bunny rabbits.

No, it doesn't Mr Wenger, and we've known this for a while. Please don't tell us you're just catching on to this :doh:
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:22 pm

Bristol_Gunner wrote:
this is from his bbc interview. To me it implies that he doesnt think the squad is good enough to challenge tbh.

Oh, he doesnt does he? Well f*cking surprise surprise. Reality dawns on Planet Wenger.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Leody » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:22 pm

Trina wrote:
She_Gunner_Wales wrote:
Trina wrote:
Good_Eye_Sniper wrote: I'd have each and every member of the first team in front of Wenger in turn to make a plea as to why they should be allowed back on the pitch again.

Sounds a good idea to me!

There was one thing I noticed in his interview, not once did he mention they were young. I think that's a first! He was pissed with the defence too. Time to act on it now though and stop being bloody soft with them.

Havent seen the post match interview yet, what was said?

That our defence was poor and there's was better.

The first goal, Sagna was down so all our defense wasn't there...
The second goal, we should have had a free kick...

Not much else to be honest, it was just the defence he spoke about and the Own Goal which he clearly said he wasn't happy with.

I don't care what the excuse is...

Our defense is weak, you don't allow as many goals as we have because of stupid excuses.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:24 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:
Bristol_Gunner wrote:

Oh, he doesnt does he? Well f*cking surprise surprise. Reality dawns on Planet Wenger.

yes and rather annoyingly too late. WHy the f**k couldnt he offer flamini 60,000 a week. Just annoyed.
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby TheLittleMozart » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:26 pm

Sack all this 'let the reserves play' becuase that is utter bullshit. Our youngsters are no-where near ready enough to handle the pressure of the first team yet.
Its all good and well playing in the carling cup with minimum pressure but we your thrown onto the big stage,its a whole different matter.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:30 pm

TheLittleMozart wrote:Sack all this 'let the reserves play' becuase that is utter bullshit. Our youngsters are no-where near ready enough to handle the pressure of the first team yet.
Its all good and well playing in the carling cup with minimum pressure but we your thrown onto the big stage,its a whole different matter.

So the alternative is playing this bunch of coasting slackers who think they're untouchable, and are happy to pass the ball around like it was a training exercise with 5 minutes to go and 2 goals down?

Sorry, but I'm not settling for that :snooty:
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Leody » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:31 pm

TheLittleMozart wrote:Sack all this 'let the reserves play' becuase that is utter bullshit. Our youngsters are no-where near ready enough to handle the pressure of the first team yet.

Would the results be any different though? That's the real question...

Why not give the youngersters a chance, they couldn't do any worse really...

PS I just made up that word.
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby UFGN » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:35 pm

"I'd rather take my dog for a walk than talk to any human being, including my wife"

Tony Adams

UFGN

Postby TheLittleMozart » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:39 pm

No and No again...
The results would probably be worse if anything. Don't you think wenger would have put the youngsters in the team if they were capable of holding thier own?
Of course he would becuase he's all about giving them a chance when they've earned one.

What more would they be able to offer us? Seriously now...
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:42 pm

TheLittleMozart wrote:No and No again...
The results would probably be worse if anything. Don't you think wenger would have put the youngsters in the team if they were capable of holding thier own?
Of course he would becuase he's all about giving them a chance when they've earned one.

I draw your attention to the inclusion and persistence with one Nicklas Bendtner today, when he was doing absolutely sack all.

Wenger does things his way, whether they are logical or not.
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Leody » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:42 pm

Maybe they wouldn't be able to offer us anything more, but what the f**k does it matter... The players that are starting now offer nothing.

So worse case we're same as...

f**k the lack of heart these players show. I really wouldn't be heartbroken about any of these players leaving outside of maybe 3 or 4 in the whole damn squad right now.
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby TheLittleMozart » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:45 pm

Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:

I draw your attention to the inclusion and persistence with one Nicklas Bendtner today, when he was doing absolutely sack all.
of

And who else would you have played?
Rvp - Suspended
Ade - Just back from and injury
Vela - Far too raw to start upfront alone against teams of the calabire of aston villa
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby TheLittleMozart » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:46 pm

Leody wrote:

Maybe they wouldn't be able to offer us anything more, but what the f**k does it matter... The players that are starting now offer nothing.

So worse case we're same as...

f**k the lack of heart these players show. I really wouldn't be heartbroken about any of these players leaving outside of maybe 3 or 4 in the whole damn squad right now.

What the f**k does it matter?
It matters becuase they too would loose the match and then everyone would be bitching and moaning about how he should never have used the kids becuase they weren't ready.oing through a bad patch where team morale is obviously very very low. Sticking in some in-experienced youngsters aint gonna solve the problem,infact it'll probably make matters worse.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby UFGN » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:47 pm

TheLittleMozart wrote:

Vela - Far too raw to start upfront alone against teams of the calabire of aston villa

Disagree. Not all young players need to be treated in the same nursery school way that Walcott has.

UFGN

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09