Arsenal Vs Aston Villa | Premiership 15/11/08

Re: Arsenal Vs Aston Villa | Premiership 15/11/08

Postby Trina » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:48 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:
TheLittleMozart wrote:

Vela - Far too raw to start upfront alone against teams of the calabire of aston villa

Disagree. Not all young players need to be treated in the same nursery school way that Walcott has.

I agree
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:51 pm

TheLittleMozart wrote:
Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:
TheLittleMozart wrote:No and No again...
The results would probably be worse if anything. Don't you think wenger would have put the youngsters in the team if they were capable of holding thier own?
Of course he would becuase he's all about giving them a chance when they've earned one.

What more would they be able to offer us? Seriously now...

I draw your attention to the inclusion and persistence with one Nicklas Bendtner today, when he was doing absolutely sack all.
of

And who else would you have played?
Rvp - Suspended
Ade - Just back from and injury
Vela - Far too raw to start upfront alone against teams of the calabire of aston villa

You're assuming that I would have stayed with the "1 up front" policy.
The key to successful management must surely be rolling with the punches.
Vela partnering Bendtner up front perhaps, since he clearly cannot hold the line on his own
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Leody » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:52 pm

Trina wrote:
Up For Grabs Now wrote:
TheLittleMozart wrote:

Disagree. Not all young players need to be treated in the same nursery school way that Walcott has.

I agree

I'd even go so far as to say treating players like we've treated Walcott can be very detrimental.

For years you've told Walcott he isn't good enough by not playing him, even when he's the obvious selection. Don't you think the hurts is confidence a bit? Even if you try to tell him it's for his own good, chances are if he's like most other people he's going to start thinking he's not good enough.

I say throw the kid in and see what he can do... you never know until you throw him in the fire.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Gunflash » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:53 pm

Aston Villa dominated the game and deserved to win. They used their 4-5-1 system very effectively. We didn't really threaten Villa. If anything, we were fortunate to only lose 2-0. From the sublime to the ridiculous seems to be the shape of Arsenal's season. We've got no chance of winning the title.
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby TheLittleMozart » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:58 pm

Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:
TheLittleMozart wrote:
Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:
The results would probably be worse if anything. Don't you think wenger would have put the youngsters in the team if they were capable of holding thier own?
Of course he would becuase he's all about giving them a chance when they've earned one.

I draw your attention to the inclusion and persistence with one Nicklas Bendtner today, when he was doing absolutely sack all.
of

Rvp - Suspended

Vela partnering Bendtner up front perhaps, since he clearly cannot hold the line on his own

We'll you were saying how shite he played,so say you kept him... Who would you drop from the midfield?
It was our midfield that won it for us against Man Utd.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby TheLittleMozart » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:00 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:
TheLittleMozart wrote:

Theres a happy medium though.
Most of these lads havn't even kicked a ball for the first team,and you want to throw them into the deep end?

You've got another loss on your hands,becuase that is not how you deal with the development of young players.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gzagee » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:10 pm

Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:
TheLittleMozart wrote:
Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:

of

Rvp - Suspended

I agree with GES there. I would play Vela but with a partner. He's not capable at this moment to play up there on his own. AW has said he needs to get used to the physical side of the game. And I agree. Doing that would be detrimental to his development. Foolhardy even.
When Dudu first arrived there was no way he could play on his own up front. And he's far more experienced. The EPL is different from any other league and is unique in that the pace is faster and it's more physical than the game in europe. Not many have come in and hit the ground running. And far more have left with their tails between their legs. This we all know.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:19 pm

TheLittleMozart wrote:
Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:
TheLittleMozart wrote:
Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:

of

Rvp - Suspended

We'll you were saying how shite he played,so say you kept him... Who would you drop from the midfield?

That's the point though.
We lost to Stoke, and then beat United, who then proceded to knock the shit out of Stoke today.

It's football, it's mad. A team that wipes the floor with one team will bend over and take a stiff one from another team the week after.

The team last week raised their game to play United, a historically highly charged match. Hell, I've seen Oleg Luhzny play well, doesn't mean he's any good!
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby bergie4ever » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:26 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:F*ck off Wenger. I've had enough. He's been pissing me off for a while now. Get your coat and f*ck off.

If it has been me who has said this,there already will be a contract on my head!!Anyway no hard feelings folks... :frogwink:

So let's move to the PROBABILITIES of the week-end!!

Probability for the Gunners to be champs this season: 5%
Probability for AW to playing Vela in the A team someday: I AM NOT PRONOUNCED ON THIS ONE!! :smartass:
Probability for victories other Liverpool,Che£$ki and Manu$a for the rest of the season: 75% :dontknow:

IMPORTANT: THESE PROBABILITIES CAN,OF COURSE, EVOLVED THROUGH THE WEEKS!! :sneaky:
bergie4ever
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby TheLittleMozart » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:39 pm

Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:
TheLittleMozart wrote:
Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:
TheLittleMozart wrote:
Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:

of

Rvp - Suspended

That's the point though.
We lost to Stoke, and then beat United, who then proceded to knock the shit out of Stoke today.

It's football, it's mad. A team that wipes the floor with one team will bend over and take a stiff one from another team the week after.

The team last week raised their game to play United, a historically highly charged match. Hell, I've seen Oleg Luhzny play well, doesn't mean he's any good!

Right and?....
You didnt really seem to answer my point,well thats with my understanding of what you just posted,but I'll try reply to how I percived it.

Man Utd didn't come at us with long balls,set peices or trying to knock seven shades of shit out of us,no. They actually tried to play football against us.
When teams do this,we can play against the. Problem is we can't handle it if the other team dosn't fancy it.

Like Hull,Stoke and Fulham. I bet they didnt come to play with the thought of actually trying to play some nice football against us. No,they just ground out a result the old fashion way.

Youngsters wont solve thos problem. Its our style of play thats the problem.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby bergie4ever » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:55 pm

Oh I forgot: probability to win a ngame with the Ref Riley ??!!?? :rofll: :doh:
bergie4ever
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:02 pm

TheLittleMozart wrote:
Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:
TheLittleMozart wrote:
Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:
TheLittleMozart wrote:
Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:

of

Rvp - Suspended

That's the point though.

Right and?....
You didnt really seem to answer my point,well thats with my understanding of what you just posted,but I'll try reply to how I percived it.

Man Utd didn't come at us with long balls,set peices or trying to knock seven shades of shit out of us,no. They actually tried to play football against us.
When teams do this,we can play against the. Problem is we can't handle it if the other team dosn't fancy it.

Like Hull,Stoke and Fulham. I bet they didnt come to play with the thought of actually trying to play some nice football against us. No,they just ground out a result the old fashion way.

Youngsters wont solve thos problem. Its our style of play thats the problem.

OK, let's look at this line of reasoning then. We need a plan B.

So where do we get it? Wenger doesn't seem to have an answer.

The first team seem unwilling or unable to play anything other than one dimensional football.

The reserves are an unknown quantity, which is one of the reasons they are so successful.

So if we play them for a few games until the first team get their heads out of their arses, nothing is lost.

That's just my view on things
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby bergie4ever » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:14 pm

Oh I forgot: probability for AW to spend money on the next transfert window: 0%,good answer!! :smartass: :dontknow:
bergie4ever
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Gooner Girl » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:17 pm

Well that was crap then.... :( :(

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:we should play the reserves, they know eachothers game & have been so composed, shown the desire & eagerness to play and win for that matter, they look proud to wear the shirt, and no doubt if they did actually get the chance as a team to play a league game, they'd play their hearts out.

Maybe its just the kick up the arse the 1st team needs. :shifty:

Agreed - they played well against Wigans first team on tuesday and could hold their own in most games - maybe long term they would struggle but the first team need a kick up the arse and that surely would give it them. We know they are pobably the most technicly gifted team in the premiership but they are so inconsistent and don't seem to have enough desire.... Drop them to the reserves and let them play in front of one man and his dog for a few weeks...
Gooner Girl
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Inchpräctice » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:20 pm

Blimey, loads of knee-jerk reactions in this thread that should really be in the knee-jerk thread!

Anyway just got back from the game, not good.
Terrible ref, poor performance, Villa were too good for us basically.
Before the game I had a bad feeling about this because Martin O' Neill is no mug and he knows how to cancel us out effectively.
They had the right idea from the start and just parked the bus in front of goal hoping to catch us on the break and it worked perfectly for them.
I still don't like it when we play 4-5-1 at home but we didn't have a great deal of choice this time.
Vela has shown again that he's still not quite ready for the best Prem teams so hopefully some of the people who were calling for him to start after the Wigan game will understand why it's not as simple as that.

We gave the ball away too many times today and our slick passing game was not up to par - much of that was down to Villa who didn't even give us half a second on the ball.
For me Denilson was the only player who seemed to have a good game apart from Almunia.
What happened to Nasri and Diaby? Didn't really get a sniff.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09