Arsenal Vs Fenerbahçe | Champions League 05/11/08

Re: Arsenal Vs Fenerbahçe | Champions League 05/11/08

Postby SE13 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:56 pm

chrisbishop69 wrote:i wouldnt go so far as to say he did worse he didnt have near as many chances as nikki b

In hindsight, perhaps Nik would have been a better impact substitute as he has done so well at this in the past....

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby nischit4 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:29 pm

cesc n nasri had a bad game too
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."— George W. Bush
nischit4
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:21 am

Just got back from this bore-fest what a waste of 2 hours travelling.
We looked totally bereft of ideas in the final third, Cesc was rubbish, Nasri was average and the only ones who were trying were Ramsey, Denilson and RVP.
The whole team just looked jaded. We never play with passion when we've almost qualified.
Hard to believe that there were 7 goals in our last game against them and none in this one!

I don't know if AW told the team to go out there and 'keep a clean sheet at all costs' but we defended really well as a team and attacked pretty poorly.
I'm sure we were playing 4-5-1 at times....?
I thought the team would have a point to prove after the Stoke result but it didn't feel like it to me.
One fan even started singing 'boring boring Arsenal....'
We really need to speed up our counter-attacking moves because we take far too long to get forward and the opposition have hours to get their back four in place.

Load of old bollocks really... :disgust:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby bergie4ever » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:29 am

There is 1 good news: we didn't concede any goal!! :frogwink:

I didn't saw the game: someone could tell me if there's any positives things before we host manure next saturday ?? :pray:
bergie4ever
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby bergie4ever » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:22 am

I just want to say that it's not ironic,this is a real question!!
Sorry to bother you guys... :frogwink:
bergie4ever
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:46 am

i didnt see the game but how did fabianski and the defence play
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby fener1907 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:54 am

you must be sad coz you couldnot score five f**k contra-attack goals.it should have pretty good for you to score against attacking defensive players,meeting them 3 to 2 or 1 to 2 just inside the penalty area ;)
yesterday we tried to build a defensive team-coz just that skill is approval these day-and i have to accept that this team was the most defensive fenerbahçe i have ever seen.we didnot think defensive even after return match of 3-2 win against chelsea at stamford bridge.
and after this match i think everyone remind a little about feners bellicosity. ;)

PEACE AT HOME,PEACE AT WORLD____MUSTAFA KEMAL ATATURK
fener1907
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby gzagee » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:54 am

Bristol_Gunner wrote:i didnt see the game but how did fabianski and the defence play

Fabianski played well for the most part, apart from not coming out to act as sweeper on one occasion.
The defence were pretty well organised. It was going forward where the real probs were. Hard to believe we hammered them in Turkey.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:19 pm

bergie4ever wrote:I didn't saw the game: someone could tell me if there's any positives things before we host manure next saturday ?? :pray:

The positives are:

We kept a clean sheet.
We defended well as a team, not just the back four.
We created far more chances than we did against Stoke.
Some key players were rested.
No-one got injured except Silvestre as far as I know.
Ramsey looked lively.
King Kolo had a pretty good game considering he played at RB where he's usually pants.

That's the best I can do I'm afraid... :dontknow:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:59 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
bergie4ever wrote:I didn't saw the game: someone could tell me if there's any positives things before we host manure next saturday ?? :pray:

The positives are:

We kept a clean sheet.
We defended well as a team, not just the back four.
We created far more chances than we did against Stoke.
Some key players were rested.
No-one got injured except Silvestre as far as I know.
Ramsey looked lively.
King Kolo had a pretty good game considering he played at RB where he's usually pants.

That's the best I can do I'm afraid... :dontknow:

Well said & we are still top of the group.
We played alright although we gave the ball away alot, thought Ramsey was good the time he was on.
Toure also did well.

We should have been at least 2-0 up at half time, looked like Robin was taking Ade's place on the chances to goal ratio. :banghead:

Still a clean sheet and some positives to look at, im not confident for our next match v the mancs despite it being at home.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby fener1907 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:10 pm

did you see our fans they didnot sit even a minute. they always jumped and made cheers. :clap: they were just 3000 people, but managed to silence your 60000 fans.
i heard they were encoring during the whole match,i always heard from tv their voices saying "burası kadikoy buradan çıkış yok" means "here is kadıkoy there is no way out" .
but your fans watched the game like a theatre.you should be more active at tribuns.At least dont sit your seats during whole match.

PEACE AT HOME,PEACE AT WORLD____MUSTAFA KEMAL ATATURK
fener1907
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby arseman » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:59 pm

fener1907 wrote:did you see our fans they didnot sit even a minute. they always jumped and made cheers. :clap: they were just 3000 people, but managed to silence your 60000 fans.
i heard they were encoring during the whole match,i always heard from tv their voices saying "burası kadikoy buradan çıkış yok" means "here is kadıkoy there is no way out" .
but your fans watched the game like a theatre.you should be more active at tribuns.At least dont sit your seats during whole match.

As I understand we're not allowed to stand during games :disgust:

credit to your fans though, i think your team might have felt like the home team...
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby SE13 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:49 pm

fener1907 wrote:did you see our fans they didnot sit even a minute. they always jumped and made cheers. :clap: they were just 3000 people, but managed to silence your 60000 fans.

Stand up, or shout too loudly and you risk getting thrown out of the ground! Even swearing isn't allowed these days! The PC Brigade went mental, and banned just about everything that was good about football pre-seating. Little wonder the "Prawn Sandwich Brigade" have taken over!

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09