Stoke City Vs Arsenal | Premiership 01/11/08

Re: Stoke City Vs Arsenal | Premiership 01/11/08

Postby Gooner Girl » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:07 pm

Can't believe we lost to Stoke. I thought the boys would bounce back after wednesday. Bunch of muppets.
Gooner Girl
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Sim17 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:31 pm

Can someone post a link with the highlights of the game plz?
Sim17
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Nathalispur » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:32 pm

Didnt see this one coming, hoped you would beat them today (with gritted teeth of course lol) are the rumours true that Sol maybe making a return? for your sake I hope not..
old time *** ID RATHER HAVE A BOTTLE IN FRONT OF ME THAN HAVE A FRONTAL LOBOTOMY
Nathalispur
Michael Thomas

Postby Gunflash » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:51 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:Can't believe we lost to Stoke. I thought the boys would bounce back after wednesday. Bunch of muppets.

I knew we'd lose. With the way we've been defending, I knew those Delap throws would cause us trouble. Stoke looked at the way our back line has been f**king about and realised we were fair game.
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Gooner Girl » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:15 pm

Hmmmm - i think some of our so called 'stars' could do with a week or so playing for the reserves - that might make them up their game a bit. Bad attitudes most of them. Thats why we lost today (That and a weak defence)
Gooner Girl
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Irish_Gooner » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:23 am

I havnt seen the goals and dont intend to. Im really intregued to see which team shows up for the CL
Irish_Gooner - Once a gooner, always a gooner. Follow me on twitter @Oisgreg
Irish_Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby sendheroff » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:08 am

credit to Delap man, those throws are amazing, i dunno if its against the moral of football or whatever but thats like a damn hack and it'll probably be exploited by more teams in the future
sendheroff
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby arseman » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:50 am

To think I was expecting a reaction :disgust:
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby maslo » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:27 pm

i was so angry at this, but almost hardly surpised, didnt get a chance to watch as i was at work, but the highlights were terrible, looked like we were all over the place, and the only player who seemed to be shouting and encouraging was Gael.
god, and i noticed, MOTD's goal of the month comp, last months winner, giovanni against us and this months three ridiculous long range strikes against us! i think that says something. we really needing a proper defensive mid.
maslo
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:32 pm

Absolutely gutted, ive not seen the highlights, couldnt bring myself to watch, wtf happened to us yesterday?

The only consolation is that the yids beat the scousers, so at least the gap at teh top hasnt been widened.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Irish_Gooner » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:02 pm

Delap is a cult hero in Ireland and Trappatoni should pick him for the games against Italy and Montenegro. His throws could trouble even the best.
Irish_Gooner - Once a gooner, always a gooner. Follow me on twitter @Oisgreg
Irish_Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby SE13 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:57 am

Via E-Mail, Arsene Wenger wrote:Dear Supporter,

Saturday was a game where we had a lot of possession, but Stoke defended very well and were well organised. We were not sharp enough to create chances and conceded two goals on two throw-ins. They fought for every ball and they waited for their set-pieces.

Rory Delap was an influence even though we had a plan to deal with his throw-ins and we had worked on it. They fly into the box and it is difficult with 20 people in there. That sort of thing is not our greatest strength. We were punished and I believe we were unlucky as well.

People who love the traditional English game would have been happy because they got what they liked on Saturday. It was a traditional game with a lot of fight and commitment. And at the end of the day Stoke deserved to win the game.

I believe we tried very hard and I think Stoke are sharp at the moment while we look jaded physically. At the moment we play a lot games and we suffer a little a bit because of that. It isn't a confidence issue but we gave a lot on Wednesday against Spurs. We play again in midweek and that is why, in the repetition of games, if you don't score first you can suffer.

The result was not the only bad news from Saturday. Robin van Persie was sent off and I think that his red card was very, very harsh. He shouldn't have challenged the goalkeeper like that but I don't think it was a red card.

We have injuries too, very bad ones to Adebayor and Walcott. One or two have knocks as well, like Sagna. Saturday was the kind of game where if you are a little bit short on sharpness, you are less agile and get out of tackles less quickly.

Thanks for your support.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Nathalispur » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:41 pm

Some shocking decisions by ref's YET again this wekend, I watched the Stoke game and although VP was out of order I have seen much worse go by the wayside this season....

Did anyone watch the Derby Notts F game yesterday?.....what the F***???? 1st a phantom goal at Watford and now perfectly good goals are not allowed...glad Im not a DC supporter right now.
old time *** ID RATHER HAVE A BOTTLE IN FRONT OF ME THAN HAVE A FRONTAL LOBOTOMY
Nathalispur
Michael Thomas

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09