Arsenal Vs Spurs | Premiership 29/10/2008

Re: Arsenal Vs Spurs | Premiership 29/10/2008

Postby Irish_Gooner » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:33 pm

ScottishLass wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:
ScottishLass wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:MOTD is on at 10:45 I'd be interested to see what they say but I think that Wenger's faith in the kids can sometimes come back to haunt him.
Plus he should've started with Song rather than Denilson imo.

I don't know so much about that Inchy - I thought Denilson had a pretty good game. I can see why you would want song in there though.

Fair enough I was only watching this through a very patchy download so I can't accurately rate anyone's performance but when I saw Denilson's name on the team sheet my heart sank a bit because Song is a far more defensive player.

I agree , Song is much more defensive. Even though that though I still see Denilson and Fabregas as our CM partnership until Wenger gets his finger out and finally gets us the DM that we need. Simply because Wenger almost always goes for the more technically gifted player than the gritty kind. Thats why Flamini worked so well for us - People seem to forget how technically good he was aswell as having that work horse side. Unfortunately the problem for Wenger in buying a DM is who? There is probably no other players that can play that role aswell as Flamini did for us - Thats why I think we'll just have to make do with what we have.

Also any good CDM these days will cost something Wenger doesnt want to pay - $$$$$$$'s
Irish_Gooner - Once a gooner, always a gooner. Follow me on twitter @Oisgreg
Irish_Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Gunflash » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:33 pm

Spurs take a few potshots from long range and get the breaks. There's a lesson in there somewhere.
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Fabby » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:33 pm

i dont know who to blame im to oa ngru and drunk.

i jus tthrew my shirt on the floor in the first time in forever and i should feel ashamed but i dont, they should feel f***ing ashamed. what the f***ing f**k are they f***ing ODING f**k

i cant stay on here ill smash my computer.
If It Feels Good, Do It.

Van Basten
Rivaldo------------- R.Gullit
Guardiola Effenberg
R.Carlos -----------------------J.Zanetti
Costacurta M.Sammer Bergomi
GK
Fabby
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ScottishLass » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:33 pm

Fabbyulous wrote:I don't know about you guys, but I've never seen so many f***ing members on here in my life. How the hell did that happen. Literally how, would that have happened to any other team ever? I literally cannot beleive what ai have witnessed, I'm fuckign drunk which is good because if i was sober i would have battered the shit out of my *** friend who was sat next to me when every single f***ing one of there goals went in. Get the f**k rid of almunia, get rid of gallas, and silvestre ca n f**k off too. THis isnt f***ing knee jerk, thats a f***ing disgrace. I questioned every aspect of my f***ing team tonight and i've never done that before, I could be out pissed as a happy fart celebrating us destorying a bullshit team who think they will someday be better than us and chasing some hot fanny in northamptons clubs. Instead im sitting inside on a f***ing forum almost crying about my piece of shit club. Don't get me wrong i love the club nd lii laugh at this in the morning. But literally, how, how on f***ing gods green earth did that happen to me, to us, to arsenal

Thats an awful lot of f***ing fabby lol. I know how you feel :(
ScottishLass
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Adam_Ayres » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:37 pm

Anybody else had about 7 arguements with people and punched many other things?
Does anybody else find it ironic that we're raising money for Alzheimer's on remembrance day?
Adam_Ayres
Patrick Vieira

Postby maslo » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:38 pm

my beer went flying. i could not believe it!
f**k! i still cant
maslo
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby SuperDumbassman » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:39 pm

I'm usually very laid-back when it comes to watching footy, but I came so damn close to smashing the f**k outta my Tv just now..
SuperDumbassman
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Inchpräctice » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:39 pm

ScottishLass wrote:I agree , Song is much more defensive. Even though that though I still see Denilson and Fabregas as our CM partnership until Wenger gets his finger out and finally gets us the DM that we need. Simply because Wenger almost always goes for the more technically gifted player than the gritty kind. Thats why Flamini worked so well for us - People seem to forget how technically good he was aswell as having that work horse side. Unfortunately the problem for Wenger in buying a DM is who? There is probably no other players that can play that role aswell as Flamini did for us - Thats why I think we'll just have to make do with what we have.

I agree that it's hard to find a good DM that's technical but on days like today almost anyone would've been more defensive than what we had on show.
We tested Mineiro and then let him go to Chelsea on a free.
Wenger obviously didn't think he was good enough, fine but would he have let this happen tonight? Debatable.
I just can't believe that there are no decent DMs in the world that are available.
If there are and they're not attracted to us then it's time to review our wage structure imo.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:40 pm

Adam_Ayres wrote:Anybody else had about 7 arguements with people and punched many other things?

Im not speaking to my other half who screamed at their late equaliser, i threw my mobile at him, called him a c***, and he's now on a sex ban.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Sims » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:41 pm

Adam_Ayres wrote:Anybody else had about 7 arguements with people and punched many other things?

i think i actually wrecked £500 worth of stuff
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby ScottishLass » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:44 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
ScottishLass wrote:I agree , Song is much more defensive. Even though that though I still see Denilson and Fabregas as our CM partnership until Wenger gets his finger out and finally gets us the DM that we need. Simply because Wenger almost always goes for the more technically gifted player than the gritty kind. Thats why Flamini worked so well for us - People seem to forget how technically good he was aswell as having that work horse side. Unfortunately the problem for Wenger in buying a DM is who? There is probably no other players that can play that role aswell as Flamini did for us - Thats why I think we'll just have to make do with what we have.

I agree that it's hard to find a good DM that's technical but on days like today almost anyone would've been more defensive than what we had on show.
We tested Mineiro and then let him go to Chelsea on a free.
Wenger obviously didn't think he was good enough, fine but would he have let this happen tonight? Debatable.
I just can't believe that there are no decent DMs in the world that are available.
If there are and they're not attracted to us then it's time to review our wage structure imo.

We need to be realistic though Inchy - Are we really going to review our wage structure? No. I'm still struggling to think of a DM who we could use - It would probably be easier to get 2 CM's ( going back to Libs old point of having all rounded CM's rather than AM DM etc ). But that would mean getting rid of Cesc - who on a side note has been really poor for this whole season.
ScottishLass
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Arsenal-Tottenham

Postby arsenal till i die » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:46 pm

It was a rediculous 8 goal derby between Arsenal & Tottenham-there were massive chances throughout the match, but the goalscoring started off with Bentley's fantastic cracker from around 40-50 yards in the 13th minute scoring the goal against his former club, probably making this the goal of the season! Mikael Silvestre did a shock equaliser on the 37th minute- a robin van persie flick heading straight to Silvestre's head going to the back of the net. William Gallas completely turned the game around by scoring on the 46th minute claiming his 4th goal of the season. Nasri flicked the goal over Gomes but Adebayor sliding in, claimed the goal on the 64th minute. Then Huddlestone did a curled shot that Almunia saved which came off his fingertips & Darren Bent tapped the ball in a rebound which ended up in the back of the net on the 67th minute. After just 1 minute Jermaine Jenas swirled the ball in Almunia's top corner with just 1 goal behind with only 22 mins left until full time. Luka Modric did a fantastic effort from around 25 yards just hitting the post but out of nowhere Aaron Lennon tapped in the rebound to seal a draw at the Emirates stadium.

Definition_Of_A_True_Gunner:D
Siggy & ava By Me!
arsenal till i die
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby maslo » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:47 pm

right my first posts on this forum have just been rants! i feel i should say something more constructive. i thought we played great coming back from their goal, we were patient and scored form set pieces which when we arnt passing through is positive. i thought theo made a lot of poor decisions tonight but still was one of the most dangerous of our players and forced a fair few corners. VP was great really dangerous alot of good efforts, two great deliveries, a lovely through ball and a clinical finish.
As for the defence, i thought we did well to keep them quiet, was a little shakey from set plays but generally kept their star players quiet. But yes we crumbled in 4 f***ing minutes! shocking, but, and i know it doesnt change anything we deserved the win and played well, i think basically just harsh, two ridiculous stoppage time goals. spurs deserve shit, but ah well thats football i spose.
wow i feel a lot calmer now but motd is about to start which is gonna mean i will have to re live this!

one thing i will say is this isnt the sort of result that is gonna make us bounce back next game, cos its not like we were poor, and its not like we lost, its just gutting i think it may knock our confidence.
maslo
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Reverend Gooner » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:48 pm

Big hairy sweaty gonads!!!

That is all i have to say
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby gzagee » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:54 pm