Arsenal Vs Spurs | Premiership 29/10/2008

Re: Arsenal Vs Spurs | Premiership 29/10/2008

Postby Igmalian » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:41 am

Inchpractice wrote:It didn't turn out the way he wanted it but I think the idea was the right one.If you're winning 4-2 against an attacking team with a few minutes to go you should bring on defensive players to secure the win.
9 times out of 10 that does the job but it didn't work last night for whatever reason.
Right decision, wrong result, wrong performance from the subs.

But if you're comfortable and in control of the game, why change it?? By bringing three defensive players on you're inviting them to attack you and I just don't think we're experienced enough to cope with that, I agree sometimes it does work but why put yourself in that position in the first place, that's just my opinion! I'm still so angry! :angry:
To Alcohol!! The cause of and solution to all of life's problems!!
Igmalian
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Fabby » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:42 am

I dont think we had the hang on to what we've got approach. Wenger bringing on defensive players should have nulled the threat of tottscum altogether, we were destroying them all game and these players he bought on should have done the goddamn job but they didnt. Fair enough we should have kept attacking, but we did that all game and with 5 minutse left and a 2 goal cushion I don't blame AW for thinking we have it in the bag and to secure it with more protection.
If It Feels Good, Do It.

Van Basten
Rivaldo------------- R.Gullit
Guardiola Effenberg
R.Carlos -----------------------J.Zanetti
Costacurta M.Sammer Bergomi
GK
Fabby
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:46 am

Their first goal what the f**k was our defence doing? Heading it about, I was screaming my throat raw for someone to take it down and leather it up field. Absolute travesty and I really would have liked my keeper to have saved it. Can't beleive how poor Almunia was to be honest. Their puppies in the media have been banging on about goal of the season. No, dodgy keeper alert.

Their second, where the f**k was the defence? Ball watching! And against I'd probably have expected Almunia to save it or at least tried to put it round the post. Too easy and too slack. They should never have got a sniff after we made ot 3-1. Poor defensive work.

The third bad slip by Clichy to give the ball away but again our defenders just stood off him and let him get the shot away. Cheap, cheap goal.

For the fourth again noone took control of the ball and just whacked it. We were 4-3 up in the dying minutes of a game, just get rid! No we let Modriccchhh get his shot off and again our defence are caught ball watching to let them in again. Piss poor.

That defense needs sorted asap, Wenger made some mental decisions last night. We were crusing at 4-2 so why take off Walcott who is practically guaranteed to make something happen against a team who are still low on confidence. Dare I say it Bendtner should have came on instead of Diaby and then Diaby or Vela on for Nasri.

Anyhow at their place I better see a f***ing riot on my hands. I ain't even gutted, well I am but I'm enraged I'm so pissed off that shambles.
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby Iverson2093 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:02 am

I don't want to draw and lose this match...
Arsenal need to win a next match.
Support to Arsenal!
Iverson2093
Liam Brady

Postby bergie4ever » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:03 am

Last night before I go to bed,I told myself: "It's ok,keep cool man,you just took too much exctasy pills,you will get better tomorrow morning,it was just a very bad dream..."

How could we pretend to win anything this season with a backside so weak and so "naive" ??? :dontknow:

How it is possible to lose a game (sorry,it looks like a f***ing defeat to me!!) by making such pathetic defensive mistakes ??? :dontknow: :hiding:

Today I just feel so bad...it's just an humiliation,the way it happens was so ridiculous,and watching the tottenshit fans celebrate this in our home...

The worst part of it: it maybe cost us more than 2 points,on the mental side...hope our players are going to recover faster than WE,the fans!! :lipssealed: :shock: :?
bergie4ever
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Sim17 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:05 am

This game lets me think to the game against Fenerbahce. In that game we stood 4-2 up too but in Turkey Ramsey could score the 5th goal in the 90th minute and yesterday we couldn't.

Everybody here says that our attack was brilliant and our defence was shit. OK we had some problems in the defence but our attackers had to score the 5-2! Van Persie and Andebayor both missed a great chance to finish the game. I saw on the statistics that the scum shot 4 times on target and they scored 4 times... They were more efficient that our attackers.
Sim17
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:10 am

Bentleys opener reminds me of that awful night v Real Zaragoza 12yrs ago, and nayim with that fluke winner.

In fairness it was an amazing goal, but i think he was as shocked as the rest of us that it went in.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:20 am

I can't believe he even attempted a shot from that far out.
I can't see when he would've spotted Almunia off his line...?
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby bergie4ever » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:28 am

AW yesterday evening: "I would like to keep the positives tonight"... :rofll:

Ade today: "maybe we thought game was won"...NO f***ing SHIT ??!!?? :hail: :clap: :doh:
bergie4ever
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:17 pm

i am not as angry as i was last night still a bit p[issed but know where near as bad. I broke my toe last night cos i kicked the wall last night i was that angry. bu a well

best remedy for a game like this beat the mancs in 2 weeks.
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:33 pm

Bristol_Gunner wrote:i am not as angry as i was last night still a bit p[issed but know where near as bad. I broke my toe last night cos i kicked the wall last night i was that angry. bu a well

best remedy for a game like this beat the mancs in 2 weeks.

That would have been more satisfying if you had broken it kicking a *** instead. ;)
Hope it gets better soon.
:sundae:
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby ScottishLass » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:52 pm

Inchpractice wrote:I can't believe he even attempted a shot from that far out.
I can't see when he would've spotted Almunia off his line...?

I was thinking that myself Inchy.. I watched the goal so many times now and not once even remotely before he hits it does he look to see if the goal keeper is off his line - hit and hope me thinks?
ScottishLass
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gzagee » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:01 pm

Having watched the game last night again the CBs didn't actually do much wrong. Pavylachenkeiwusffgghp was kept quiet. Brentley's goal was a one-off. Bent only scored once Almunia spilt the ball, maybe you could argue they should've reacted quicker but that would be harsh.
Clichy tripped over his feet and, someone in midfield shoulda put his foot through the ball before Modric advanced to shoot for their fourth.

But the whole team switched off from the 89th minute.
Upshot: we need, nay, we are desperate for a quality DM. And generally a dominant CB cos they've been at fault in other games.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:19 pm

no you have to say it was a lot and i mean alot of luck.
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby maslo » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:39 pm

feel alot calmer today, still mad but at least calm.
as for the subs i think totally the right decision, i dont agree with trying to hold out for the win but we were two up not just one. mainly just terrible terrible luck i think.
maslo
Charlie George
Charlie George

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09