Fenerbahçe v Arsenal | Champions League 21/10/08

Fenerbahçe v Arsenal | Champions League 21/10/08

Postby SE13 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:52 am

ITV 4

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Re: Fenerbahçe v Arsenal | Champions League 21/10/08

Postby Beşiktaş Çarşı » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:32 am

tuesday line-up

Almunia
Eboue Song(Djorou) Silvestre Clichy

Walcott Fabregas Denilson Nasri

Adebayor V.Persie
Beşiktaş Çarşı
Liam Brady

Postby Forza™ » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:08 am

Its will be tough going to such a hostile atmosphere far far away from home. Would be happy with a draw but I have faith they can get the job done!
Forza™
Michael Thomas

Postby everlasting » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:32 pm

i am a fenerbahce fan.

But unfortunately i have a feeling like... "it will be too easy for Wenger's Gooners..."

I hope all Arsenal fans and the team will be welcomed in Istanbul.

Enjoy the game mates.

cheers...
everlasting
Liam Brady

Postby YellowCanary » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:52 pm

As a fenerbahce fan Im gonna have to say Arsenal will win this match.We've been in horrible form all year.We might have to get lucky against Arsenal.Eventhough with absenses of sagna,toure and gallas arsenal is still too quick for us and we are terrible at defending long through balls.
YellowCanary
Patrick Vieira

Postby sendheroff » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:55 am

just like it says on the arsenal official website

"Now it's do or die for Aragones' new team. They must rediscover their sparkling form of last season and beat Arsenal - or face the very real prospect of an early exit."
sendheroff
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby TheLittleMozart » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:55 am

I dont really know about this one,becaause Turkey is never a good place to travel to and thier nutter fans create a pretty hostile environment.
Will be good to see it our young lads can suck it up and not let the atmosphear get them them,becuase look at chelsea last season; they lost 2-1 away from home to Fernebache and then had to beat them in the return leg at Stampfrd Bridge.

Plus this year they have David Guiza,who was on fire last season and out in a serious performance at the world cup!
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:09 am

Im with Lil Mo on this one, obviously i desperatly want us to win but as said Turkey has never been a good place for us to go so right now id take a draw.
Despite Fenerbahce's less than good start to either campaigns, now is as good a time as any for them to face Arsenal, especailly with the amount of injuries to our back line.

Long balls like Chelsea isnt really our style, frustrating as it can be for us Arsenal fans, our players like to try to walk the ball in, so i dont think our visiting Fener fans to this site will have much to worry about there.

If anyone will be dangerous tonight it will be our midfield, lately ive lost all confidence in our forwards. Cesc even when playing badly ups the tempo in the champions league.

:arsenal3:
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby arseman » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:13 am

I'll be very disappointed if Ade starts ahead of Bendtner and Vela, after his 'performance' against Everton....
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby fener1907 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:52 pm

i feel both excitement and fear about this match.arsenal isnot reason for my fear,it is about my team.i always say our squad is one of the top squads in europe im sure about that but our team is destroying and wasting this itself.
after last year's success we made a terrible mistake and seperated our ways with our manager zico.and then disaster started.aragones damage our team chemistry and showed us worst fener of last 20 years.we lost 4 of 7 super league match and made just one point in cl.(it means big tragedy for us so 22 million fenerfans feel that suffer and actually when we think brillant performances of besiktas,galatasaray and trabzonspor :crybaby: )
no disaster came alone :doh: we have had terrible injuries at the same time.our star player deivid(scored 5 goals in cl last year) was injured and still disabled.captain alex and semih just came back from injuries,our left winger wederson is still disabled.our right back gokhan gonul(who is called as "new cafu" by fifa website) is injured and have little change to play today.and this squirt emre is injured again :dizzy: .
to sum up if this match was played last year i would have no doubt about victory but i wont be schocked if we lose it.so if you win today please dont monkey around me coz i'll probably be crying at that time. :redface:

PEACE AT HOME,PEACE AT WORLD____MUSTAFA KEMAL ATATURK
fener1907
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:57 pm

arseman wrote:I'll be very disappointed if Ade starts ahead of Bendtner and Vela, after his 'performance' against Everton....

I agree mate.
You wonder how good Bendy needs to be and how bad Ade needs to be for Bendtner to get the chance he deserves.....?
I thought current form was how managers chose their starting 11? On that basis Ade should be rested.

fener1907 wrote:i feel both excitement and fear about this match.arsenal isnot reason for my fear,it is about my team.i always say our squad is one of the top squads in europe im sure about that but our team is destroying and wasting this itself.
after last year's success we made a terrible mistake and seperated our ways with our manager zico.and then disaster started.aragones damage our team chemistry and showed us worst fener of last 20 years.we lost 4 of 7 super league match and made just one point in cl.(it means big tragedy for us so 22 million fenerfans feel that suffer and actually when we think brillant performances of besiktas,galatasaray and trabzonspor :crybaby: )
no disaster came alone :doh: we have had terrible injuries at the same time.our star player deivid(scored 5 goals in cl last year) was injured and still disabled.captain alex and semih just came back from injuries,our left winger wederson is still disabled.our right back gokhan gonul(who is called as "new cafu" by fifa website) is injured and have little change to play today.and this squirt emre is injured again :dizzy: .
to sum up if this match was played last year i would have no doubt about victory but i wont be schocked if we lose it.so if you win today please dont monkey around me coz i'll probably be crying at that time. :redface:

Go on then, get your excuses in early.... ;)
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby InvincibleGunners » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:59 pm

arseman wrote:I'll be very disappointed if Ade starts ahead of Bendtner and Vela, after his 'performance' against Everton....

As long as Bendtner is fully fit i wouldn't begrudge Wenger dropping Ade. He was our worst player on Saturday.

His physical attributes and his ability to win and keep hold of the ball (when he feels like it it seems!) make him quite tough to drop though...

I'm keeping faith in Wenger to do what's right.
Wenger for life, may he live forever!
InvincibleGunners
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby StLGooner » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:25 pm

I don't think this would be a good game for Nick to start in, it reeks of an upset, going into a hostile city with Fener not playing well at all lately, these are usually the type of games that surprise us and it wouldn't help Nicks confidence too much if he started and the whole team performed bad.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:33 pm

Maybe you're right but he deserves at least a half imo.
And if not him then Vela.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby SE13 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:33 pm

Got to agree with Chris there, I don't think this game is suited to Bendtner. Even though Ade had a poor game against Everton, he would be a better choice because he can handle the pressure better. I'd like to see Theo start this one as well, not be used in the "super-sub" role.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Next

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09