Fenerbahçe v Arsenal | Champions League 21/10/08

Re: Fenerbahçe v Arsenal | Champions League 21/10/08

Postby Git » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:11 am

Up For Grabs Now wrote:
Well I have to say this is most irregular. What next? A Utd fan who isnt a complete nob?

Oh come on mate, you can't expect miracles like that. :naughty:
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby YellowCanary » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:07 am

Up For Grabs Now wrote:
The Gunners were applauded off the field by the home supporters who, despite seeing their side's chances of reaching the knockout rounds suffer a potentially fatal blow, recognised a fine display of attacking football.

BBC

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

WHAT?

This is Fenerbahçe right? Am I on drugs and forgot I took them or something??

Fener "we set fire to the stadium just for a laugh" bahçe, suddenly doing the whole sportsmanship thing?

Well I have to say this is most irregular. What next? A Utd fan who isnt a complete nob?

Dude,we've been like this.You just had a bad image of Turks. We haven't been beaten in European home games since 05.When milan beat us the crowd aplouded them too. Its been in Fenerbahce tradition. Ask those 1500 guners that were istanbul i betcha they'll tell you that they had a blast.
YellowCanary
Patrick Vieira

Postby StLGooner » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:55 am

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:I just dont like silvestre so will nit-pick whenever the opportunity arises, i didnt agree with the signing nor will i ever agree with it.

The bloke is a 9yr manc he will never bleed Arsenal's red & white.

There was absolutely nothing he could do about that OG to be honest, the guy blasted it right off his shins, he didn't even have time to react. I thought he filled in nicely.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby vex_bih » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:19 am

for those who didn't watched the game
Highlights

http://soccernewstv.com/fenerbahce-vs-arsenal-highlights/
Muhamed Besic
vex_bih
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Younggooner08 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:11 am

ChVint22 wrote:
She_Gunner_Wales wrote:I just dont like silvestre so will nit-pick whenever the opportunity arises, i didnt agree with the signing nor will i ever agree with it.

The bloke is a 9yr manc he will never bleed Arsenal's red & white.

There was absolutely nothing he could do about that OG to be honest, the guy blasted it right off his shins, he didn't even have time to react. I thought he filled in nicely.

Whether he could have done anything or not, as soon as that goal went in i thought we've definately gone out and replaced Super Phil 'own goal' Senderos.
When i heard the team announced i was a bit worried when they named Diaby, Fabregas and Denilson, i was thinking to myself we dont really have a DM there and all this talk about Diaby playing in front of back 4 i knew wouldnt happen but i didnt realise he would play so high up the pitch. Im not sure i expected 5 goals but with so many defenders out it was clear Ferne would get a goal or 2 just so pleased we got 5 :biggrin:

This here is one happy Gooner :arse fan:
Last edited by Younggooner08 on Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Imagee
Younggooner08
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby the real gooner » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:23 am

Diaby was brilliant, as i have posted before I think he could be the new PV4 given a little time. A box to box all round MF who can attack and defend. Silvestre was pretty good by me too, I would rather have had him than not.... :think:
the real gooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby TheLittleMozart » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:30 am

What a game!
Although I think we have to count our lucky starts that Almunia was on top form last night becuase too many times did Guiza break the offside trap/get into a good goal scoring opportunity,only to be stopped by our keeper and had we been playing agsint better opposition then i think we could have been beaten tonight.

And I think after last nights showing,it proves that song & silvestre should never play at the back together again!
On the other side though,our attacking form was immense; aside from ade that is who done roughyl hee-haw as ususal apart from bag an easy goal.

Diaby had a blinder,yes. But I think we need to easy of the Diaby praise a bit here because I think were putting a bit too much pressure on the lad after just one game.

None-the-less... Great game :arse flag.gif:
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:35 am

not it is rediculosley early to tell but and this is a big but when cesc leaves in another 3/4 years i bealive we will have a very good replacement in ramsey who looked so good laswt night. no fear at all.
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gzagee » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:38 am

Bristol_Gunner wrote:not it is rediculosley early to tell but and this is a big but when cesc leaves in another 3/4 years i bealive we will have a very good replacement in ramsey who looked so good laswt night. no fear at all.

Watchya bristol.

You still drunk from last night? You're spelling's still slurred... :1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Inchpräctice » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:54 am

I agree Bristol.
Ramsey is absolutely brimming with confidence at the moment. Not surprising after his recent performances for Wales.
He's on fire so I hope he gets some more playing time soon.

Theo is very confident at the moment too. Good for keeping the first teamers on their toes...
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:54 am

gzagee wrote:
Bristol_Gunner wrote:not it is rediculosley early to tell but and this is a big but when cesc leaves in another 3/4 years i bealive we will have a very good replacement in ramsey who looked so good laswt night. no fear at all.

Watchya bristol.

You still drunk from last night? You're spelling's still slurred... :1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:

uni has its upsides :D
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby rogerthornhill » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:57 am

It certainly was an excellent display. The main concern was the space that Fenerbahce enjoyed for some of the time and they created a lot of good chances. If it hadn't been for Almunia they would have scored at least two more. Lets hope for the quick return of Messrs Toure Gallas and Sagna.
rogerthornhill
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby arseman » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:00 am

If you thought our game was something, watch the Villareal-Aalborg highlights, the defending over there was even worse than in our game :grin:

http://www.soccerclips.net/en/videos/fu ... 60dc8b65A3
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:01 am

Indeed a great prospect, was great to see him score too, will give him a good vonfidence boost, not that i think he needs it, but good for his morale all the same.

Not to forget we also have Merida. ;)
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby pmdk » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:52 pm

YellowCanary wrote:Dude,we've been like this.You just had a bad image of Turks. We haven't been beaten in European home games since 05.When milan beat us the crowd aplouded them too.

I remember this match. All 4 goals were scored by Shevchenko :)
pmdk
Michael Thomas

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09