Arsenal Vs Everton | Premiership 18/10/08

Re: Arsenal Vs Everton | Premiership 18/10/08

Postby iSzC » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:48 pm

About the defending,how was Osman score..the defender take picture while defence..still shaky defence.
iSzC
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:51 pm

arseman wrote:I was almost thankful Everton scored early, going behind seems to be the only way we get some urgency into our attacking, rather than going behind with 5 mins left like against sunderland.

Good win, but still doesn't disguise the fact we have issues, defending today was shoddy, and attacking is still too one-doimensional and predictable.

Oh well i bet Gallas is happy, at least he cant be blamed for conceeding the goal! :rofll:
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby damo1583 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:57 pm

Bristol_Gunner wrote:theo is making the right side his own and nasri is impressed me so much. btw i thought silvestre had a good game today.

Agreed Silvestre, Nasri and Song looked the business today, on the other hand RvP was very dissapointing.........
Who you tryin' to get crazy with ese? Don't you know i'm LOCO?
damo1583
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby SE13 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:57 pm

Very pleasing second 45 minutes, Theo really did make a difference, and it's not the first time this season. I'm quite concerned about Toure, he looked uncomfortable from the initial knock onwards. That's not to mention landing on it a couple of times afterwards.

To be fair, Cesc didn't have one of his better games, but marshalled quite nicely, a couple of decent threaded passes, and he was always there or thereabouts.

3-1 didn't flatter at all, in fact I think the scoreline could have had a bigger margin had we have put away the earlier chances, and 5 or 6 wouldn't have looked a true reflection, as it could and should have been more.

Overall, it took a long time to get into the game, but once we did, we were serious contenders, and dominated for long periods.

I've seen better from Arsenal, but I've seen much much worse.

End of the day, another three points, and a short chance to pause before Tuesday night.

Arsenal 3-1 Everton, job done.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby singaporegooner » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:05 pm

Some questions remain unanswered..defence looked very suspect..especially against physical players like Felliani and Yakubu...
Fabregas looked off-colour...
match report done and posted
In Arsene We Trust!!
Predicitions League 08/09 Winner
singaporegooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby arseman » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:06 pm

Van Persie missed so many chances :BangHead:

Had it been Bendtner, people would've been baying for his blood :shifty:
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Git » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:31 pm

How was Diaby in his cameo? He got an assist so surely he can't be too bad?
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby ayN » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:33 am

He was okay, but he fvked up some half-chances. :)
Wenger please go away
ayN
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby bergie4ever » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:39 am

Yes maybe it was a good thing Everton score the first goal...but the first half,one of the worst I've seen,is not frankly reassuring!! :?

And we don't know for how long we lost Kolo... :pray:
bergie4ever
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby damo1583 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:17 am

latest injury list from Arsenal.com

Injury News
Please note The injury news on Arsenal.com is updated only from Arsène Wenger's press conferences and his interviews with Arsenal TV Online. For clarification purposes, this is dated.

Johan Djourou
Friday, October 17, 2008
Johan Djourou will not play against Everton after suffering concussion while on international duty with Switzerland..

William Gallas
Friday, October 17, 2008
William Gallas will miss the games against Everton and Fenerbahce after picking up a hamstring injury while on international duty with France.

Abou Diaby
Friday, October 17, 2008
Abou Diaby has shrugged off a thigh injury and returns to the Arsenal squad for Saturday's game against Everton.

Bacary Sagna
Friday, October 17, 2008
Bacary Sagna will miss the games against Everton and Fenerbahce after picking up a knee injury while on international duty with France.

Nicklas Bendtner
Friday, October 17, 2008
Nicklas Bendtner will miss the games against Everton and Fenerbahce after picking up an ankle injury while on international duty with Denmark.

Tomas Rosicky
Friday, October 17, 2008
Wenger hopes to have his Czech midfielder back before the New Year. Speaking on October 2 he said: "I monitor Rosicky's progress very closely but at the moment it is very difficult to put a date on his comeback. We are not pessimistic about the future of his career but we still need more patience. If he comes back before Christmas we have done very well but I think we can achieve that, that in December he can play again."

Eduardo
Friday, October 17, 2008
The striker is continuing his recovery from a fractured leg. Speaking on October 2, Wenger said: "Eduardo is doing very well but is not close to play. Eduardo will be OK before Christmas, of course."

Print this page Email to a friend
Who you tryin' to get crazy with ese? Don't you know i'm LOCO?
damo1583
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby liam_cork » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:08 pm

arseman wrote:Van Persie missed so many chances :BangHead:

Had it been Bendtner, people would've been baying for his blood :shifty:

thats very true.. persie seems to just whack everything as hard as he can
arsene knows
liam_cork
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby SE13 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:49 pm

Via E-Mail, Arsene Wenger wrote:Dear Supporter,

What was very important on Saturday was that the team showed personality when they were 1-0 down. We played for our season because we could not afford to drop a point.

The way we responded when we were 1-0 down was of course vital. But I wasn't nervous at half time because I had confidence and belief that we would change the game.

I believe the game changed before I brought on Theo Walcott at half-time. Everton had a strong start but we had three or four chances in the first half and in the last 20 minutes of the first half. You could see we were on top and that our domination would certainly increase during the second half.

Theo came on and did very well and had an impact on the game of course but I feel the whole team played very well. It was a good test for the team because it was a smashing game against a good Everton side. We showed personality and mental strength which will be very important for the rest of the season.

Mikael Silvestre made his debut and his performance mirrored that of the rest of the team at the start - it was a little bit nervous. But like the team, Silvestre grew throughout the game and he had an outstanding second half.

Tony Hibbert's challenge on Denilson was a flashpoint early in the second half. It was not a good tackle but I don't think the challenge deserved a red card. Although if you consider the challenge and Hibbert's reaction, together, it could have been a red.

Getting three points was especially important because our title rivals all won. Chelsea won 5-0 at the Riverside but, for me, big results like that have no meaning. Five goals is not the difference between Middlesbrough and Chelsea.

I watched the first 20 minutes and you could see that Middlesbrough had one of those days. They had a bad day at the office. Every little deflection went for Chelsea and they didn't need to get out of second gear to win the game. I don't believe we saw the real Middlesbrough, they are a good side and it is a difficult place for everybody to go.

We play at Fenerbahce on Tuesday and we have a few injury problems. Kolo Toure twisted a ligament in his shoulder and he is out. William Gallas and Bacary Sagna are not fit to return but Nicklas Bendtner and Johan Djourou are available again.

Thanks for your support.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09