Man Utd Vs Arsenal | Premiership 16/05/09

Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal | Premiership 16/05/09

Postby Fordy » Sat May 16, 2009 9:58 pm

Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:OK, so the mancs won the title, but we actually played well today.

Fabianski was decent between the sticks, Gibbs had a very good game, Arsh was a monster til he came off, and we looked hungry.

I still think we're lacking going forward, although I think that's to do with the 5 man midfield, which doesn't work in terms of scoring goals (RVP drifted wide SO many times, leaving nobody up front!)

Also, and I know Fordy will have a field day on this, but the ref was pathetic today. Yellow cards for absolutely nothing, and he was totally sucked in by Ronaldo's play acting. When is someone going to put a gun to that slimy little bastard's head?

im saying nothing
Fordy

Postby Gooner Girl » Sat May 16, 2009 10:03 pm

Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:
Also, and I know Fordy will have a field day on this, but the ref was pathetic today. Yellow cards for absolutely nothing, and he was totally sucked in by Ronaldo's play acting. When is someone going to put a gun to that slimy little bastard's head?

Agreed - ref far to eager to get out his cards today... Did you see Rooney explode at linesman at one point to? Don't think he got booked for it...
Gooner Girl
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Trina » Sat May 16, 2009 10:03 pm

Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:OK, so the mancs won the title, but we actually played well today.

Fabianski was decent between the sticks, Gibbs had a very good game, Arsh was a monster til he came off, and we looked hungry.

I still think we're lacking going forward, although I think that's to do with the 5 man midfield, which doesn't work in terms of scoring goals (RVP drifted wide SO many times, leaving nobody up front!)

Agree with everything, especially the bold bit.

Regarding the ref though, the first half I thought he was alright. I even said to Fordy I am so glad he ain't stopping it every 2 mins and carding someone. But things got more heated in the second half and he made some mistakes.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby SE13 » Tue May 19, 2009 2:42 am

Via E-Mail, Arsene Wenger wrote:Dear Supporter,

I believe we played with a lot of heart and desire at Old Trafford on Saturday.

When we played Manchester United in the Champions League I think we were inhibited a bit by the occasion - it was too big perhaps - and in the second leg we had no chance to play the game. On Saturday we showed we have the quality and we played with a lot of authority on the pitch.

Man United like to play on the counter-attack and I felt we were much sharper on winning the ball back but I regret that we couldn't score the goal that would have livened the game up - it would have forced them to come out. In the last 20 minutes they made a change to play for a 0-0 with Park coming on for Tevez.

We saw Man United celebrating and hopefully that will inspire us to emulate them. The quality is there as well and you saw that on Saturday. At the moment my team doesn't get the credit it deserves and it is down to us to show the same consistency. It is not a victory today but it was very important for our pride.

Deep down you want to be out there celebrating. They were the better team this year and congratulations to them. As for Sir Alex Ferguson, his is an exceptional achievement and I say congratulations to him. It is fantastic what his team have done this year. The overall achievement is remarkable.

Let us make sure the celebrations are on our side next year. In sport things can change quickly and what we have shown is that we have the quality to be up there. We have to keep the belief and work very hard.

My team have learned a lot and we were not far. Since November we have lost just one game. We were close in the Champions League and the FA Cup, and were remarkably consistent.

Thanks for your support.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby StLGooner » Tue May 19, 2009 12:46 pm

Some may not agree, but I like the way the team responded to Evra's comments. I wonder if he liked getting studs in his shins from "babies". :rofll:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue May 19, 2009 12:48 pm

Yeah he got what he deserved...
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Previous