Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal | Premiership 16/05/09

Postby alan B'stard MP » Sat May 16, 2009 2:03 pm

well a draw is certainly a better result than last time. Well done
alan B'stard MP
Liam Brady

Postby Gooner Girl » Sat May 16, 2009 2:05 pm

BennisBergkamp wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:And actually, i think man.U made us look good today as well - despite our improved performance they were just clearing the ball straight back to us most of the second half.

Not sure about your first point (another attacking player is the last thing we need), but this is more than valid.

I agree we have a lot of attacking players but i still think we need a player like Ian Wright was for us who can get us regularly 25 goals plus a season. We have to many 'not quite good enough' strikers. Not consistent enough season upon season, game upon game. We don't need anyone with fancy footwork just someone who can regularly stick out a leg and poke the ball past the keeper. I kinda miss our scrappy 1-0's sometimes....
Gooner Girl
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gooner-geeza » Sat May 16, 2009 2:10 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
BennisBergkamp wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:And actually, i think man.U made us look good today as well - despite our improved performance they were just clearing the ball straight back to us most of the second half.

Not sure about your first point (another attacking player is the last thing we need), but this is more than valid.

I agree we have a lot of attacking players but i still think we need a player like Ian Wright was for us who can get us regularly 25 goals plus a season. We have to many 'not quite good enough' strikers. Not consistent enough season upon season, game upon game. We don't need anyone with fancy footwork just someone who can regularly stick out a leg and poke the ball past the keeper. I kinda miss our scrappy 1-0's sometimes....

Who knows... that may be the case someday lol! But at the moment goals is what we want and hardly not getting them at games we need to win! We NEED BENZEMA... He will certainly test the defence and score! Man SCUMS DON'T NEED HIM.... If they do get him.... That will be GREED and i hope he's on the bench for them.
gooner-geeza
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby alan B'stard MP » Sat May 16, 2009 2:18 pm

we need a gerrard or a Ronaldo. The cut off rule for players reaching 30 is ridiculous. That caused us to lose Pires. We lost Reyes. We need a couple of solid English defenders to back up Gallas who is a good player if he gets support. Frankly, I can understand why he moans

Personally, i think the first "transer" out should be Wenger. I know some will disagree...fair enough!
alan B'stard MP
Liam Brady

Postby BennisBergkamp » Sat May 16, 2009 2:48 pm

alan B'stard MP wrote:we need a gerrard or a Ronaldo. The cut off rule for players reaching 30 is ridiculous. That caused us to lose Pires. We lost Reyes. We need a couple of solid English defenders to back up Gallas who is a good player if he gets support. Frankly, I can understand why he moans

Personally, i think the first "transer" out should be Wenger. I know some will disagree...fair enough!

We actually sold Reyes because he wasn't quite good enough. The defenders don't have to be English so long as they're good.
BennisBergkamp
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby BennisBergkamp » Sat May 16, 2009 2:48 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
BennisBergkamp wrote:

I agree we have a lot of attacking players but i still think we need a player like Ian Wright was for us who can get us regularly 25 goals plus a season. We have to many 'not quite good enough' strikers. Not consistent enough season upon season, game upon game. We don't need anyone with fancy footwork just someone who can regularly stick out a leg and poke the ball past the keeper.

He's called Eduardo.
BennisBergkamp
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Gooner Girl » Sat May 16, 2009 2:59 pm

BennisBergkamp wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
BennisBergkamp wrote:

I agree we have a lot of attacking players but i still think we need a player like Ian Wright was for us who can get us regularly 25 goals plus a season. We have to many 'not quite good enough' strikers. Not consistent enough season upon season, game upon game. We don't need anyone with fancy footwork just someone who can regularly stick out a leg and poke the ball past the keeper.

He's called Eduardo.

he hasn't proved that in a long run of games yet cos he's always injured. I agree he has the potential to be that for us but he hasn't yet cos he hasn't had a long enough run in the side.
Gooner Girl
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby alan B'stard MP » Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

BennisBergkamp wrote:
alan B'stard MP wrote:we need a gerrard or a Ronaldo. The cut off rule for players reaching 30 is ridiculous. That caused us to lose Pires. We lost Reyes. We need a couple of solid English defenders to back up Gallas who is a good player if he gets support. Frankly, I can understand why he moans

We actually sold Reyes because he wasn't quite good enough. The defenders don't have to be English so long as they're good.

I prefer English defenders, with some exeptions, they are the best with their backs to the wall. Cultural thing The Dunkirk syndrome

I was impressed with Reyes. On his day he played a great game
alan B'stard MP
Liam Brady

Postby SE13 » Sat May 16, 2009 3:07 pm

So, the Champions of England couldn't beat Arsenal this season then......

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby alan B'stard MP » Sat May 16, 2009 3:12 pm

well we didn't get the double, but true Man U didn't beat us in the premiership. We've got the double over them a couple of times
alan B'stard MP
Liam Brady

Postby Jack 19.92 » Sat May 16, 2009 3:33 pm

All I got to say is GOOD OLD ARSENAL we saw today
Arsene Wenger talks about Jack Wilshere:
'' I BRING ENGLISH PLAYERS SLOWLY THROUGH. HE IS ANOTHER ONE WHO WILL SOON PLAY FOR YOU [ENGLAND]'' :-)
Jack 19.92
Liam Brady

Postby BennisBergkamp » Sat May 16, 2009 5:13 pm

alan B'stard MP wrote:
BennisBergkamp wrote:

I prefer English defenders, with some exeptions, they are the best with their backs to the wall. Cultural thing The Dunkirk syndrome

I disagree, I don't see what being English has to do with being a great defender. You look at the greatest all-time defenders, and in my opinion they're Italian and German, maybe French or Brazilian. Beckenbauer, Maldini, etc. Take the English specs off!

I was a big fan of Reyes too, but at the end of the day he didn't cut it.
BennisBergkamp
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby gooner-geeza » Sat May 16, 2009 5:19 pm

We don't need a Ron-Nancy... cos he dives and cannot track back and defend! A Gerrard... YEAH! who knows in the Summer pre-build up.... Ramsey or Wilshere could bulk up a little and have the style of a Gerrard! We do need our players to start shooting from Distance as a few did at the start of the season! But we definately need BENZEMA... that boy has class and will fit in our squad and support us if any forward goes injured! that's what we need to think about, as look what happened last time to Dudu and Rosicky, RVP, Ade and Walcott! If Bendtner fails in front of goal then at least we have a goal machine who will be on target.... and you guys know that Barry is out the question!!!
gooner-geeza
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby gooner-geeza » Sat May 16, 2009 5:31 pm

BennisBergkamp wrote:
alan B'stard MP wrote:
BennisBergkamp wrote:

I disagree, I don't see what being English has to do with being a great defender. You look at the greatest all-time defenders, and in my opinion they're Italian and German, maybe French or Brazilian. Beckenbauer, Maldini, etc. Take the English specs off!

I was a big fan of Reyes too, but at the end of the day he didn't cut it.

I still have his shirt from a few seasons ago...lol! Reyes didn't like England at all and for definate he didn't cut it even though he did score a few goals... Remember guys, he was like a Ron-Nancy... I think Ron-Nancy learnt from him lol! Look at Reyes now and where he is... In the bloody sun :lol: If he was that GOOD then some other team from the Prem would have picked him up by now! Has he ever been in a return match where he's played against us??? We've beaten the STRONG teams in europe and only one to go... Barca! That's DEFINATELY a re-match in my books!!! anyway we have a better player then Reyes and is proud to wear the No. 9 shirt with pride and he's stuck around longer lol!
gooner-geeza
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby liam_cork » Sat May 16, 2009 5:50 pm

well gutted that they won it against us, fair play thought 3 in a row says it all. i thought we played alright today song looked very good at CB, the ref was a k*** today
arsene knows
liam_cork
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09