Arsenal Vs Chelsea | Premiership 10/05/09

Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea | Premiership 10/05/09

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Sun May 10, 2009 8:30 pm

Bristol_Gunner wrote:
Also ithink we should sell AAde, though he didnt do anything shockingly bad he has become a bit of a liability and does not justify his 80,000 a week. Also he was rolling around on the floor and at one time wouldnt get up for 20 seconds when their was nothing there, a f***ing disgrace.

With you til there. There is nothing at all saying he's on 80k a week other than what was reported in newspapers. Today when he come on his link up play with Bentdner was positive as was his attitude, he looked up for it. He played 20 minutes and he got a penalty wrongly turned down.
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Sun May 10, 2009 8:36 pm

Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:
Bristol_Gunner wrote:
Also ithink we should sell AAde, though he didnt do anything shockingly bad he has become a bit of a liability and does not justify his 80,000 a week. Also he was rolling around on the floor and at one time wouldnt get up for 20 seconds when their was nothing there, a f***ing disgrace.

With you til there. There is nothing at all saying he's on 80k a week other than what was reported in newspapers. Today when he come on his link up play with Bentdner was positive as was his attitude, he looked up for it. He played 20 minutes and he got a penalty wrongly turned down.

i can see what your saying, but i dont have much faith in the board funding a whole lot of money and one of the best i can see in making the money is selling him as he is a player who is wanted by clubs. However i did like what he said about staying because he owes arsenal. But their are other players who can also be sold.
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun May 10, 2009 8:50 pm

I didn't think Ade was that bad today but I've been very disappointed with his recent performances.
CL and pre-CL games.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Irish_Gooner » Sun May 10, 2009 9:00 pm

Seriosly what if Ade comes back and starts banging in the goals? Would it all be live and let live? Reason why im saying this is i dont think he'll leave.

If anybody 'big' leaves they're just cowards and failures. Its up to them to do the work on the pitch.
Irish_Gooner - Once a gooner, always a gooner. Follow me on twitter @Oisgreg
Irish_Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby butters007 » Sun May 10, 2009 9:19 pm

Maybe this was posted earlier but where was Arshavin today?
butters007
Liam Brady

Postby Irish_Gooner » Sun May 10, 2009 9:22 pm

Has had the flu most of the week. Unfortunate
Irish_Gooner - Once a gooner, always a gooner. Follow me on twitter @Oisgreg
Irish_Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby butters007 » Sun May 10, 2009 9:25 pm

I think he would have made a difference today
butters007
Liam Brady

Postby HorseMachine » Sun May 10, 2009 10:17 pm

Had to go straight to work from the game. just got home. Was sitting behind Keown, and 2 rows from Arshavin, one thing I noticed was that Bischoff was as small as him when they were sitting next to each other.

Not much to say bout the game except that Bendy was our best player. He seemed really up for it before he came on, then really worked hard to get the game going. Deserved 2 goals IMO
HorseMachine
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby gzagee » Sun May 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Just watched the game again, could easily have won the game handsomely in the first 20mins. Don't think we'd've conceded as many two months ago. The boys may have run out of gas. Yet another game where we started on fire then as soon as we rue missed chances we got to pot.
Once energy levels drop so does concentration.
None of the midfield were interested in defending, including Song.

The gulf between us and the top these past few weeks has well and truly been exposed.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby gunner4eva » Mon May 11, 2009 12:43 am

sort out that defenseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee pathetic
gunner4eva
Liam Brady

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Mon May 11, 2009 10:01 am

Here are a few thoughts having watched the highlights.

Firstly, I have no idea where some people get the idea that, just because a fan voices disdain at a shockingly bad result, they are in some way doing the club a disservice. Maybe it's the fact that we have had so many shockingly bad games this season that the same disdain has been churned out so often, but hey, that's just me. I won't sit and sing Kumbayah when my team is letting themselves and the fans down. How that equates to jerking of the knee and calling for Wenger's head, I have no idea.

Anyway, onto the match.

Yes, we started brightly, but like so often this season, that only lasted 20 or 30 minutes. If teams can weather this initial attack, they now know that they have a fair chance of turning us over. For a change, we were not missing a threat in the final third, however, the old wastefulness in front of goal has come back, and then some.

Walcott has become a lynchpin in the team this season, but yesterday, his finishing was appalling, and RVP seemed to be hiding.

As I have said before, Gibbs has been outstanding this season, but I stand by the fact that he had a terrible game. He was out of position for most of the game, and cost us a few times. Saying that, I'm not one for pointing the finger at an individual, when the team didn't pull its weight as a whole.

I think what really let us down, apart from the woeful finishing, was our passing. We lost possession so many times, and when we did, we looked painfully stretched at the back, and open for the counter.

To be honest, I just doin't see how this can be remedied, because (much like Liverpool teams in the past), we have the components for a great team, but they are just not putting it together.

This, coupled with the knowledge that Wenger has come out with his usual "We will buy 1 or 2 players in the summer, if we can find the right ones" spiel (which probably means we will be lucky to see 1 player arrive), is a little alarming going into next season.

One can only hope that the players mature a bit in the summer, and learn from the myriad mistakes of this season.
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby SE13 » Mon May 11, 2009 2:53 pm

Via E-Mail, Arsene Wenger wrote:Dear Supporter,

You can be positive or negative about Sunday's game. We lost the game 4-1 which is a major disappointment, but I feel going forward we had a very interesting game and created plenty of chances.

It was never a 4-1 game, we should have been 2-0 up before Chelsea had a shot on goal. On the first free-kick, we made a mistake and they scored. We missed seven or eight clear-cut chances and on every single mistake we made we were punished.

The free-kick for the first goal should not have been awarded. We live in a league now where the divers are rewarded. It's not right but it is like that. I don't think the free-kick should have been given but it doesn't mean that we shouldn't win the header afterwards. I believe we must live in our job where the referee makes some decisions for you and some against. But defending consequently you should clear the ball on the cross.

We conceded four at Liverpool, three against Man United and four on Sunday. We have to improve the way we defend. But I wouldn't like to come out when we lose 4-1 and say 'listen, we are going to buy four defenders'. I believe we have quality defenders and it's more a case of balancing the team defensively than the quality of our defenders. If you look at the second goal we could have done much better in midfield to prevent it.

Our chance of finishing third has gone but three months ago everybody said we would finish 10th, so I would have signed at that point to finish fourth. I don't feel we have to be too disappointed with that, but what is very disappointing for us, is in the games that mattered in the last three or four weeks we couldn't win. That's where we have to analyse.

It is difficult to deal with two heavy home defeats in a week but this is a job for strong people. When you decide to live in a competitive world you have to deal with that - we cannot complain. It is a bit more difficult when you are young, but when you are young you want to be challenged. It is a good opportunity to show we have the mental strength that is needed at this level.

I still feel I was more worried in February when we were drawing 0-0 without creating a chance. On Sunday I feel we created the chances and had an interesting game. When you see that in a team it's always easier to correct what doesn't work defensively; if you don't create chances you are always more worried.

Thanks for your support.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09