Arsenal Vs Chelsea | Premiership 10/05/09

Re: what exactly is the problem here?

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun May 10, 2009 7:21 pm

Fabianski wasn't at fault for any of the goals. Its hard to keep a clean sheet when your defence has more holes than a sponge.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea | Premiership 10/05/09

Postby GunnGunn » Sun May 10, 2009 7:22 pm

TheLittleMozart wrote:
gunngunn wrote:What does Bendtner have to do to get some praise around here? :dontknow:

Thats at least 3 or 4 people who have said we should get rid since the match ended.

He came on and changed the game for us, and he wasn't even up front, he scored a good goal and was troubling Bosigwa so much he had to be subbed in favour of the more defensive Ivanovich.

I for one am willing to admit that I was wrong about Bendy being shit and no arsenal class,and Im happy he's proved me wrong.
He's really upped his game recently,whilst Ade's been picking his arse and seems like he think he dosn't have to score to be first choice striker.

At this point in time,I'd happily have Bendtner play of Ade,it just seems like he can't be arsed anymore.

Nice one mate :clap:

Just to put into perspective just how much Bendtner has improved over last season, have a look at this.

Last season

40 games - 9 goals - 7 assists

This season

45 games - 15 goals - 4 assists

He has scored more goals than Tevez, Berbatov, Drogba and Agbonlahor this season and he is only one behind Torres and Adebayor.

Berbatov, a £30 million signing, experiences and supposedly World Class has scored 9 League goals in 29 games, exactly the same as Bendtner.

He was the youngest person out of every Premier League team to reach double figures this season in all comps and one of the youngest players in Europe to score 15 goals this season.

Call me a stat monster if you like but they don't lie.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Rockin' Robin » Sun May 10, 2009 7:25 pm

gunngunn wrote:
TheLittleMozart wrote:
gunngunn wrote:What does Bendtner have to do to get some praise around here? :dontknow:

Thats at least 3 or 4 people who have said we should get rid since the match ended.

He came on and changed the game for us, and he wasn't even up front, he scored a good goal and was troubling Bosigwa so much he had to be subbed in favour of the more defensive Ivanovich.

I for one am willing to admit that I was wrong about Bendy being shit and no arsenal class,and Im happy he's proved me wrong.
He's really upped his game recently,whilst Ade's been picking his arse and seems like he think he dosn't have to score to be first choice striker.

At this point in time,I'd happily have Bendtner play of Ade,it just seems like he can't be arsed anymore.

Nice one mate :clap:

Just to put into perspective just how much Bendtner has improved over last season, have a look at this.

Last season

40 games - 9 goals - 7 assists

This season

45 games - 15 goals - 4 assists

He has scored more goals than Tevez, Berbatov, Drogba and Agbonlahor this season and he is only one behind Torres and Adebayor.

He was the youngest person out of every Premier League team to reach double figures this season in all comps and one of the youngest players in Europe to score 15 goals this season.

Call me a stat monster if you like but they don't lie.

I think the way his goals have increased and his assists have decreased is a showing of his killer instinct growing. He's being more greedy, which is actually good sometimes for a striker.
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun May 10, 2009 7:26 pm

Oh and cap, to say Wenger got his tactics right is just a tad off. Playing Cesc behind the lone striker is absurd.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun May 10, 2009 7:27 pm

Nasri is far better centrally than he is on the left wing imo but not as a DM.
You're right Fordy, it was Nasri who let Anelka waltz right past him to score the second goal.
We need to work out a way where Song protects the back four and Cesc and Nasri both play centrally.
Either that or just get him off and bring Arshavin on.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby SE13 » Sun May 10, 2009 7:30 pm

I still firmly believe that Bendy is better coming off the bench as an impact player, and so it has proved to be a few times this season. He always seems hopeless from starting a game, but thrives when he comes on as a substitute.

Adebayor though..... He just seems to have lost interest. To be caught offside as often clearly shows he isn't paying enough/any attention to what is going on around him, or to the game itself. I reckon we could get decent money for him in the summer, and that money could be well used to bolster the defence.

I digress, back to the match....

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Gunflash » Sun May 10, 2009 7:43 pm

The way we started the game, I thought there's no way we'll lose. But after we started squandering chances, I feared the worst and to be honest I wasn't surprised when Chelsea scored. Yet again we were done from a set-piece. Then Anelka had a pop from distance, something that Arsenal are somewhat loath to do. According to the BBC website, Anelka's goal was to "dobule" Chelsea's lead. Bendtner did well when he came on. I'm not sure about him but at least he's honest in his efforts, unlike Adebayor who was simply embarrasing with his comical dive. Of course by this stage I'd stopped caring.
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby butters007 » Sun May 10, 2009 7:44 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:Fabianski wasn't at fault for any of the goals. Its hard to keep a clean sheet when your defence has more holes than a sponge.

Fair point about the defense but it's clear to see that Fabianski was at fault for the second goal and the own goal. For the second one lets just say any other keeper would have saved that and for the own goal he was much too far out and ended up in no mans land watching the ball roll in. Wenger should have swallowed his pride and bought Shay Given. He is a better keeper than Almunia (not saying he is bad) and in a totally different league to Fabianski. Fabianski just isn't good enough for this level
butters007
Liam Brady

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun May 10, 2009 8:05 pm

butters007 wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:Fabianski wasn't at fault for any of the goals. Its hard to keep a clean sheet when your defence has more holes than a sponge.

Fair point about the defense but it's clear to see that Fabianski was at fault for the second goal and the own goal. For the second one lets just say any other keeper would have saved that and for the own goal he was much too far out and ended up in no mans land watching the ball roll in. Wenger should have swallowed his pride and bought Shay Given. He is a better keeper than Almunia (not saying he is bad) and in a totally different league to Fabianski. Fabianski just isn't good enough for this level

Fair enough. I saw the Anelka goal again and he probably should have gotten to it since he saw it all the way.

As for Given. I was banging on about buying him for over a year and would have creamed myself if we had signed him
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun May 10, 2009 8:11 pm

It certainly wasn't Fabianski's fault that we lost the game, but his performance today only reinforces my very low opinion of him.
Does anyone know where Almunia was.....?
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Leody » Sun May 10, 2009 8:15 pm

Inchpractice wrote:It certainly wasn't Fabianski's fault that we lost the game, but his performance today only reinforces my very low opinion of him.

Word is he had an ankle issue...

Never heard anything directly on this myself, but somebody posted that earlier in the match thread.

Edit: And this is exactly the type of thing I was talking about in my other thread. How many times has somebody picked up an injury between games and mysteriously missed a match or two?
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Sun May 10, 2009 8:17 pm

Inchpractice wrote:It certainly wasn't Fabianski's fault that we lost the game, but his performance today only reinforces my very low opinion of him.

Was wondering that myself mate. Fabianski totally faultless though.

I really don't get the abuse Ade takes, seriously when he and Bendtner were on we were actually getting back into it and he really should have got a penalty. He and Bendtner was combining well.

Really warmed to Bendtner in the past few weeks for some reason I dunno what it is, he still needs a first touch but I apologised to him in the match report.
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun May 10, 2009 8:22 pm

Maybe we rushed Almunia back too soon and he wasn't fully fit.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Leody » Sun May 10, 2009 8:24 pm

Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:

Was wondering that myself mate. Fabianski totally faultless though.

I really don't get the abuse Ade takes, seriously when he and Bendtner were on we were actually getting back into it and he really should have got a penalty. He and Bendtner was combining well.

Really warmed to Bendtner in the past few weeks for some reason I dunno what it is, he still needs a first touch but I apologised to him in the match report.

I for one like Ade, however... my first option up front would be RVP and Eduardo. Unfortunately they're never healthy. I wouldn't mind seeing Arsene fetch a nice transfer fee for Ade.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Sun May 10, 2009 8:27 pm

f***ing joke. Just got back form the grove and i am stunend at how we did not win that game.

We had about 4/5 chances in the first 20 minutes before chelseas goal. With 2 that should of been converted. First f***ing attempt and chelsea score, f***ing typical.

What the f**k was the deffending before the second goal it was like come on and attack us anelka you can have a goal. The third is the case of poor communication of the deffence and the fourht was bad luck.

We were alot better again supprsingly when bendtner came on, and he did well to try and recover some of the pride lost after his night out to the clubs.

Now onto walcott, yes hes talented, yes he has signed a new contract but that is not an excuse for go aweful finishing. some of the chances you could say the angle ect but others its just infuriating. He is going to be someone who is going to play through the middle when he has matured enough but imo he needs to improve on finishing alot.

We should get rid of this role fabregas has where he is further up, it is not working and tbh his passing game was a pigs ear today.

Now Van persie, everytime he got the ball you thought his touch let him down, and tbh he owes it to the club to sign the deal. The players ultimatley are the ones who win the trophy and when you play like shit you get shit. For all his injuries Wenger has kept the faith and for that alone he should sign.

Also ithink we should sell AAde, though he didnt do anything shockingly bad he has become a bit of a liability and does not justify his 80,000 a week. Also he was rolling around on the floor and at one time wouldnt get up for 20 seconds when their was nothing there, a f***ing disgrace.

A well rant over and i still had a fun day out and atleast it was sunny too.
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09