Arsenal Vs Chelsea | Premiership 10/05/09

Re: Beauty and the beast!

Postby Rockin' Robin » Sun May 10, 2009 6:53 pm

essexgunner wrote:
dubgooner wrote:That was quality football up until they scored.Chelsea were there for the taking, and we could'nt finish our chances. Typical implode and a few players let their heads drop. That is not good enough. Wenger can see what we all see and he really has to get the defence sorted for next season. I hope we get a few new signings early and not leave it to the last minute, like every other season. This season can't end quick enough for me, damage limitation.
I feel we need a keeper, two center half's and a strong midfielder/ striker.
I don't think Rosicky will be back, Adebayor will leave, sylvestre not good enough and Toure has itchy feet. So if they go, we need replacing with quality. We are a shambles at the back, it has to change.
Why can we not find the same quality players like Vidic and Skirtel. The scouting network Wenger has is supposed to be the best in the businness.
We looked great today, but same old story up front. Full of promise.

Agreed Dub, But theo wasted numerous opportunities, the keeper was awfull again (like in the FA Cup) Wee need to buy. PLEASE Mr Wenger Buy a defender, Defensive Midfielder Keeper and a couple of strikers. Get rid of Ade and Bentner (not having a go) but we need more talent like Arsh (what was wrong with him today)
:arsenal3:
We have some great youth but need experiance too. :BangHead:

Yeah we need a defender without a doubt, but we don't need strikers, we need our strikers to be sharp and on form imo. We should persevere with Bendtner, because I think gunngunn has been right all along about him. Adebayor just seems like our Berbatov. Great when he wants to be, good header + finisher, great first touch, offside all the time and lazy as you can be.
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea | Premiership 10/05/09

Postby GunnGunn » Sun May 10, 2009 6:56 pm

What does Bendtner have to do to get some praise around here? :dontknow:

Thats at least 3 or 4 people who have said we should get rid since the match ended.

He came on and changed the game for us, and he wasn't even up front, he scored a good goal and was troubling Bosigwa so much he had to be subbed in favour of the more defensive Ivanovich.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Rockin' Robin » Sun May 10, 2009 6:58 pm

gunngunn wrote:What does Bendtner have to do to get some praise around here? :dontknow:

Thats at least 3 or 4 people who have said we should get rid since the match ended.

He came on and changed the game for us, and he wasn't even up front, he scored a good goal and was troubling Bosigwa so much he had to be subbed in favour of the more defensive Ivanovich.

Yeah I agree, I've been annoyed with Bendtner in the past, because as someone so brilliantly put it, at times he has the composure of a paedophile in a children's playground.
But you can't knock his work rate, he tries ten times more than Adebayor.
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun May 10, 2009 6:59 pm

gunngunn wrote:What does Bendtner have to do to get some praise around here? :dontknow:

A lot of Gooners have just made up their minds about Bendy and have no interest in actually watching him closely. The boy is absolutely amazing in the air, something we sorely lack at times.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Fordy » Sun May 10, 2009 7:01 pm

even i got off his back ages ago so he cant be that bad

he got put on the left wing and scored i fail to see how it was his fault you lost
Fordy

Postby Git » Sun May 10, 2009 7:01 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:

A lot of Gooners have just made up their minds about Bendy and have no interest in actually watching him closely. The boy is absolutely amazing in the air, something we sorely lack at times.

Absolutely. Did you see how high in the air he got for his goal? Feet higher than Chel$ki's defenders around him.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun May 10, 2009 7:04 pm

Right, just got back from the game.
That's 5 hours of my life I'll never get back. What a bizarre fuckin game?

Can anyone explain the line-up to me please ffs?
Why didn't either Ade or Bendy start? Where was Almunia? Why was Diaby even in the squad?

Still, we were absolutely battering them for the first half hour, I couldn't believe how lacklustre Chel$ki were.
We should've run out at half time 3-0 up!
The Chavs then score against the run of play and you think fair enough, we'll come back with the way we're all over them but as usual we can't f***ing finish for toffee.

Then Anelka steamrollers through the middle of the team like it wasn't there and takes his shot at leisure. WTF?
Half time it's 2-0 to the Chavs but even then I'm thinking that we could get a point but oh no it's just one disappointment after another as the team come out and actually play WORSE as the match progresses.

At least we have strikers on the bench though but oh no, hang on we're going to play Bendtner as a left winger?? :dizzy: :doh:
Once again, WTF??
Then the own goal and some fans start leaving the ground.
Bendy scores so we're thinking 'ok maybe with a bit of luck we can still get a point but then they score AGAIN it was like when is this shite going to end? Blow the whistle ffs.
So humiliating and such a poor performance from the lads.

:disgust: :disgust:

Utterly depressing and the worst part is we've still got to play Manure and they're a better team. :BangHead:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun May 10, 2009 7:06 pm

Theo14Cesc4 wrote:But you can't knock his work rate, he tries ten times more than Adebayor.

He does and now he's only one goal behind Ade for the season despite being 3 years younger and fourth choice.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Fordy » Sun May 10, 2009 7:07 pm

i was going to start a thread for this but i may as well keep it here

what did people think about nasri in the center because i thought he sucked

now i like nasri but his strengths do not suit to sitting in the middle if you ask me
Fordy

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun May 10, 2009 7:08 pm

Git wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:

Absolutely. Did you see how high in the air he got for his goal? Feet higher than Chel$ki's defenders around him.

It was a world class header alright. He attacked the ball rather than let it come to him and gave Cech no chance. If it had been van Persie people would be saying singing his praise.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Rockin' Robin » Sun May 10, 2009 7:12 pm

Fordy wrote:i was going to start a thread for this but i may as well keep it here

now i like nasri but his strengths do not suit to sitting in the middle if you ask me

Well, I think that if we solided (that's not a word is it?) our defence up, we could play Cesc and Nasri in the middle of a four man midfield with Walcott and Arshavin on the wings, then have van Persie and Adebayor up front, with Bendtner ready to come on as the impact sub which is a role which suits him well. Then Nasri and Fabregas will have more of a license to go forward, which was put to devastating effect in the game vs Manure on November 8th.
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Fordy » Sun May 10, 2009 7:13 pm

but if you look at the anelka goal he just ran past him with little or no attempt to stop him
Fordy

Postby TheLittleMozart » Sun May 10, 2009 7:14 pm

I for one am willing to admit that I was wrong about Bendy being shit and no arsenal class,and Im happy he's proved me wrong.
He's really upped his game recently,whilst Ade's been picking his arse and seems like he think he dosn't have to score to be first choice striker.

At this point in time,I'd happily have Bendtner play of Ade,it just seems like he can't be arsed anymore.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby GunnGunn » Sun May 10, 2009 7:14 pm

Fordy wrote:i was going to start a thread for this but i may as well keep it here

His strengths suit the middle but not the centre, he needs to be playing in that Zidane role, not as far forward as a second striker but not as far back as a central midfielder.

In that position he is an absolutely amazing player.

If we can't play him where he is most skillfull then play him in the next position he comfortable in, the left.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

what exactly is the problem here?

Postby cap06gunner06 » Sun May 10, 2009 7:18 pm

a bad result today. but was it really a bad performance? we dominated. we should've won shouldnt we? we deserved to. stupid t**t drogba practing for london 2012 diving changed the game. wenger got the tactics spot on. we just didnt finish anything. had arshavin played would it have been different? apart from diaby and maybe fabianski, did anyone really play badly? an unfair free kick, a good strike but almunia probably would have saved it, an own goal, and an offside goal. unfair result. whats gone wrong?
cap06gunner06
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09