Arsenal Vs Man Utd | CL Semi L2 05/05/09

Re: Arsenal Vs Man Utd | CL Semi L2 05/05/09

Postby UFGN » Tue May 05, 2009 10:08 pm

Inchpractice wrote:Tbh Trina I don't see the point in slating any of our players tonight. We didn't lose because one player let the side down. We lost because Manure were the better team and they had the luck behind them.
Sure Almunia might've done better in certain situations but Cesc wasn't up to much tonight either.
No individual deserves to be blamed imo. The team wasn't good enough as a whole.

Oh shut it. We got battered. If players cant be criticised now then you might as well say they can never be. This is not Newcastle f***ing United. I dont have to keep my mouth shut about shit performances out of pathetic loyalty. We got battered at home by the filth and it happend because of a lack of preparation and inability to cope.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Gooner Girl » Tue May 05, 2009 10:10 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:The depressing thing is you just know that tomorrow morning you will wake up and for just a few seconds tonight won't hit you and then you'll remember and just want to smother yourself with your pillow. Or is that just me?!

Now why would I want to smother you with a pillow? Is there something I should know? :think:

You can smother me with your pillow if you like!

Ooh err. Be'ave missus.

Trust you and Gunngunn to read more then there is in an innocent statement! Boys! Tsk! :rolleyes:
Gooner Girl
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue May 05, 2009 10:14 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:Tbh Trina I don't see the point in slating any of our players tonight. We didn't lose because one player let the side down. We lost because Manure were the better team and they had the luck behind them.
Sure Almunia might've done better in certain situations but Cesc wasn't up to much tonight either.
No individual deserves to be blamed imo. The team wasn't good enough as a whole.

Oh shut it. We got battered. If players cant be criticised now then you might as well say they can never be. This is not Newcastle f***ing United. I dont have to keep my mouth shut about shit performances out of pathetic loyalty. We got battered at home by the filth and it happend because of a lack of preparation and inability to cope.

You're talking shite.
You've completely misunderstood me and you agree with me anyway you idiot.

You said that we lost because of a lack of preparation and an inability to cope which is exactly what I'm saying.
I'm not saying 'don't criticise our poor little players' I'm just saying that anyone who thinks that tonight's result is the fault of any one player is very misguided or scapegoating for the sake of it.
What's the point in slating the goalie when all the outfield players were just as rubbish? It's just wrong.
The team was poor, the performance was poor and no individual player stood out as being worse than any other player.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby gooner-geeza » Tue May 05, 2009 10:14 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:
gooner-geeza wrote:Has anyone seen our NEW Away kit for next season...???

We just got knocked out of the champions leagye by the ****. Give it a rest. Who gives a toss about kits :doh:

Don't be a WALLY Up For Grabs... Move on SON!!! Yeah... It's between two designs.... Green or dark blue... Make sure you guys pre-order it.
gooner-geeza
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby BennisBergkamp » Tue May 05, 2009 10:29 pm

Fordy wrote: you are becoming the new windass and i f***ing hated windass

:rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:

God, that man was unbearable.

Fair play, Fordy; I guess I misunderstood your point and thought you were just on a windup, but in fact we're on the same side against the windass-esque nutters.
BennisBergkamp
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Fordy » Tue May 05, 2009 10:31 pm

BennisBergkamp wrote:
Fordy wrote: you are becoming the new windass and i f***ing hated windass

:rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:

God, that man was unbearable.

Fair play, Fordy; I guess I misunderstood your point and thought you were just on a windup, but in fact we're on the same side against the windass-esque nutters.

i do go on the wind up but you will know when im taking the piss as it will be in a joking way
Fordy

Postby Trina » Tue May 05, 2009 10:37 pm

Couldn't agree more Inch. I never said one player let us down. My point was about experience not being in the team to lift a player up when he needed it.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Gooner Girl » Tue May 05, 2009 10:40 pm

Shoulda played the ladies team, at least they know how to win trophies... ;)
Gooner Girl
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue May 05, 2009 10:41 pm

Trina wrote:

Couldn't agree more Inch. I never said one player let us down. My point was about experience not being in the team to lift a player up when he needed it.

I know you didn't say that.
I was agreeing with you about Almunia. Can't see how the result is his fault. :dontknow:
If it wasn't for him we would've started this second leg 4-0 down.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Trina » Tue May 05, 2009 10:46 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
Trina wrote:

I know you didn't say that.
I was agreeing with you about Almunia. Can't see how the result is his fault. :dontknow:
If it wasn't for him we would've started this second leg 4-0 down.

At least! :)

Sorry Inch, Once I'm off these tablets, my head will focus, lol.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby rodney » Tue May 05, 2009 10:57 pm

Embarrassing and humiliating night. No passion, no commitment and no pride. Everyone was awful, bar maybe Song who had a half decent game. Realistically I didn't see us going through tonight, but the fact we were beaten and not only beaten, but beaten well sums up our problems. Big players who promised big performances didn't show. We had our best possible team out that was available and it just wasn't good enough. It's not only about tonight. It's the first leg, the Semi Final against Chelsea and the league defeats to Stoke, Hull and City. The throwing away leads against Spurs, Villa and Pool. Today confirmed this was the worst year in the 13 seasons of Arsene's reign and maybe it should be his last.

We started the brighter and the atmosphere was superb. But Gibbs made a horrible mistake. He got out of shape and lost his feet and Park punished us. The second goal from where I was sitting looks like an absolute wonder free kick. I've been told on the replay that maybe Almunia could have done better, but he made numerous other saves on the night and in the first leg. We didn't go out due to that freekick. From where I'm sitting it looked an absolute wonder strike though I'll need to see it again. Anderson is an absolute c*nt for the way he celebrated running up to the Arsenal fans. If anyone deserves to miss a final it's him.

Second half was just more of us doing absolutely nothing with the ball and the third goal sumed up the difference between the two sides. A great goal on the break and well the exodus started there. We showed no pride after that and someone really should given Ronaldo something to be on his arse for. From where I'm sitting I could see Fletcher got the ball, but the ref made an awful decision for the freekick that United scored the goal so I'm not bothered. Enjoy the final Fletcher. Robin fired it in and thoughts of 5-3 came into our minds (I'm joking you t**t) Cesc, Nasri and Bendy all had half chances after that, but we didn't deserve to go through.

An awful night to end a truly awful season. The manager promised a big performance tonight and the players didn't deliver. Serious questions have to be asked in the wake of this defeat. Something has to be done so next season is different, as this is no longer good enough.
rodney
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Tux » Tue May 05, 2009 10:58 pm

I was looking forward to the game tonight though I wasn't very confident. It hasn't been our season. Struggled to make 4th spot (if it weren't for Villa losing their bottle we'd have lost out.)

Eduardo only a bit part player due to obvious reasons. No Rosicky all season. . . The best thing to happen this year was the signing of Arshavin, but he was unable to play. I can't help wondering how we would have fared if those three had been playing tonight. . .

So I got comfortable by the TV tonight with my Pizza. By the time I'd eaten it we were 17 minutes into the game and 0-2 down. . . I switched off the TV. Went and watched Ashes To Ashes on the BBCi player. And from all accounts it sounds like it was much easier on the eye than the remainder of the Arsenal match. At least I was laughing for the right reasons.

Gene Hunt for first team coach, that's what I say!
Tux
Liam Brady

Postby UFGN » Tue May 05, 2009 11:04 pm

I am not a happy man right now. Not a happy man in the slightest.

There are no positives to be taken out of this whatsoever.

f***ing humiliating. Wenger should be fined for his shit performance. I mean it.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby BennisBergkamp » Tue May 05, 2009 11:06 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:I am not a happy man right now. Not a happy man in the slightest.

f***ing humiliating. Wenger should be fined for his shit performance. I mean it.

I understand the misery, mate, but your emotions are overpowering your sense at the moment.

That match had nothing to do with Wenger. As I wrote a couple pages back, we were playing well for the first 10 minutes, and I thought it looked like he'd got the selection just right, and the players looked well up for it. One little slip followed by a cracking free kick, and all that went out the window. You can hardly expect a massive performance when they'd had the stuffing knocked out of them like that, especially against an excellent ManU team that knew they simply had to sit back and ride out the next 75 minutes. Get real.
BennisBergkamp
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Tue May 05, 2009 11:10 pm

BennisBergkamp wrote:
Up For Grabs Now wrote:I am not a happy man right now. Not a happy man in the slightest.

I understand the misery, mate, but your emotions are overpowering your sense at the moment.

That match had nothing to do with Wenger. As I wrote a couple pages back, we were playing well for the first 10 minutes, and I thought it looked like he'd got the selection just right, and the players looked well up for it. One little slip followed by a cracking free kick, and all that went out the window. You can hardly expect a massive performance when they'd had the stuffing knocked out of them like that, especially against an excellent ManU team that knew they simply had to sit back and ride out the next 75 minutes. Get real.

agreed , also i believe that nasri was a great posative tonight. i thought he was our best player and he can only improve.
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09