Arsenal Vs Man Utd | CL Semi L2 05/05/09

Re: Arsenal Vs Man Utd | CL Semi L2 05/05/09

Postby BennisBergkamp » Tue May 05, 2009 11:12 pm

Bristol_Gunner wrote:
BennisBergkamp wrote:
Up For Grabs Now wrote:I am not a happy man right now. Not a happy man in the slightest.

There are no positives to be taken out of this whatsoever.

f***ing humiliating. Wenger should be fined for his shit performance. I mean it.

I understand the misery, mate, but your emotions are overpowering your sense at the moment.

That match had nothing to do with Wenger. As I wrote a couple pages back, we were playing well for the first 10 minutes, and I thought it looked like he'd got the selection just right, and the players looked well up for it. One little slip followed by a cracking free kick, and all that went out the window. You can hardly expect a massive performance when they'd had the stuffing knocked out of them like that, especially against an excellent ManU team that knew they simply had to sit back and ride out the next 75 minutes. Get real.

agreed , also i believe that nasri was a great posative tonight. i thought he was our best player and he can only improve.

I think if there's one thing we've learnt from this tie, it's that this could be a very workable and plausible lineup next season:

--------------Almunia--------------
Sagna----Toure-----Djourou-----Clichy
Walcott---Cesc------Nasri-----Arshavin
---------Eddy------RVP-------------

Which gives me a massive erection.
BennisBergkamp
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby republicofmancunia » Tue May 05, 2009 11:16 pm

unlucky tanite i was at de home leg in OT,,tbh..we wer de better side on both occasions
republicofmancunia
Liam Brady

Postby UFGN » Tue May 05, 2009 11:16 pm

BennisBergkamp wrote:
Up For Grabs Now wrote:I am not a happy man right now. Not a happy man in the slightest.

f***ing humiliating. Wenger should be fined for his shit performance. I mean it.

I understand the misery, mate, but your emotions are overpowering your sense at the moment.

That match had nothing to do with Wenger. As I wrote a couple pages back, we were playing well for the first 10 minutes, and I thought it looked like he'd got the selection just right, and the players looked well up for it. One little slip followed by a cracking free kick, and all that went out the window. You can hardly expect a massive performance when they'd had the stuffing knocked out of them like that, especially against an excellent ManU team that knew they simply had to sit back and ride out the next 75 minutes. Get real.

They were caught cold. That is the manager's fault. He is to blame just like you would be singing his praises if we had won. You cant have it both ways.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby BennisBergkamp » Tue May 05, 2009 11:22 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:
BennisBergkamp wrote:

They were caught cold. That is the manager's fault. He is to blame just like you would be singing his praises if we had won. You cant have it both ways.

Surely you're having it both ways? You'd be praising him if we'd won, and you're slagging him off because we lost. I'm happy to praise him in both circumstances. If he'd fielded a team of Diabys, then fair enough, but how exactly is it his fault that we got "caught cold"? We were playing well, then even though Gibbs was in the right position, he slipped. Game over. As Fordy has said, we need to be able to put our hands up and say we were beaten by a much better team, and nothing Wenger could have done would have changed that. Next season Shava will be eligible, and things will be very, very different...

Besides, we would have gotten spanked by Barca in the final anyway.
BennisBergkamp
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby republicofmancunia » Tue May 05, 2009 11:24 pm

for sale 60,000 arsenal flags only waved for 7 minites:L:L
republicofmancunia
Liam Brady

Postby BennisBergkamp » Tue May 05, 2009 11:26 pm

republicofmancunia wrote:for sale 60,000 arsenal flags only waved for 7 minites:L:L

Well aren't you hilarious
BennisBergkamp
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Tue May 05, 2009 11:28 pm

BennisBergkamp wrote:I think if there's one thing we've learnt from this tie, it's that this could be a very workable and plausible lineup next season:

--------------Almunia--------------
Sagna----Toure-----Djourou-----Clichy
Walcott---Cesc------Nasri-----Arshavin
---------Eddy------RVP-------------

Which gives me a massive erection.

the biggest problem tonight was the space given in behind our midfield, song was too advanced, so that formation is simply not gonna work.

huh. i dont know what to say

knee jerk? been bottling it for a while...adebayor needs to go, get some money in and re buy

DM we think/thought song could be the answer but hes not tactically aware enough, he should be benched

RVP needs to sort himself out, im not just talking about todays game(granted hes carrying an injury), he has the potential, and talks as if hes big time and wants to win the big prizes, well he needs to get become more driven, and cut throat, hes got the ability but he managed one shot tonight? he should be demanding the ball and have one thing on his mind...scoring. he plays well for 20 mins every 90 imo
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby UFGN » Tue May 05, 2009 11:30 pm

Right so we lose 3-1 at home and it is "nothing to do with Wenger"

Funny that

Bennis, just face it. You cant let him off the hook for this. The buck stops with him.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby BennisBergkamp » Tue May 05, 2009 11:35 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:Right so we lose 3-1 at home and it is "nothing to do with Wenger"

Funny that

Bennis, just face it. You cant let him off the hook for this. The buck stops with him.

He got us to the CL semi-final with a mostly young and inexperienced squad, and we lost to the European champions. Get over it. They are a better team than us.
BennisBergkamp
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue May 05, 2009 11:36 pm

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... t-started-

AW wrote:
'The game was really over before it started'

On conceding such an early goal…
“The most disappointing thing tonight is that we don’t feel like we’ve played the Semi-Final of the Champions League because we were out of it after 10 minutes. We had 80 minutes to play against a team who defend well and waited for the counter attack. We were in a position where we had to take all the gambles after having started quite well. The most disappointing thing is that the game was over before it started, that is most difficult to swallow.

“We can only look at ourselves I must say but it’s very, very disappointing to fight such a long way to get where we have been but to give the game away like we did tonight.

“It is the most disappointing. I felt the fans were really up for a big night and to disappoint the people who stand behind the team so much tonight hurts really.”

On individual mistakes costing his team…
“We do not want to blame any player individually. It is like that and in two minutes we conceded two goals which was too much on a night like that against a team who defends well and comes out on the counter-attack.

“We were ready for a fight, ready for a game, but after 10 minutes it was impossible. We kept going and we did as much as we could, played with pride and desire, but of course some part of the belief had gone.”

On Man United deserving their place in the Final…
“We could talk all night but it would not change the mistakes now – that’s the game. I must say that, over the two games, Man United deserved to go through because the game could have been over in the first leg. We had a good opportunity to come back and I believe we would have done it but overall they were the better side – congratulation to them and good luck in the Final.

“We had some experienced defensive players who were out for a long time. We had to deal with that. I wouldn’t like to blame the players who played but it’s part of football. Of course you do not plan it but we have to stand up for it and finish the season well and respond well against Chelsea.”

On the possibility of adding to his squad in the summer…
“It’s a difficult question to answer tonight because I am too disappointed. I need to take some distance with this season. We are on a consistent run of 21 games unbeaten but recently in the games that have mattered, like Chelsea and tonight, we couldn’t win. That of course needs thinking.

“It’s easy to say that we needa bit of experience but I am convinced that we have the quality and we’ll continue to develop. If you look at the average age of the team it is still very young. To reach that level deserves a lot of credit but tonight we were caught by a tem who has the art to kill and take advantage of mistakes. I believe Cristiano Ronaldo today gave us a tough time.”

[Wednesday, May 06, 2009]
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby republicofmancunia » Tue May 05, 2009 11:36 pm

not tryin to be funny mate tellin de truth wat i did feel sorry for was de few real arsenal fans dat wer der had 2 put up wit arseholes wavin plastic flags in der faces de same layout chelski tried lets be honest dats wat flags and scarfs were invented 4 to DISPLAY....not been a prick either do mate only seen one flag around de ground to,,'KEEP THE FAITH''wat yes need to do is boot all de part-timers outta de place..........
republicofmancunia
Liam Brady

Postby BennisBergkamp » Tue May 05, 2009 11:39 pm

Inchpractice wrote:http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/-the-game-was-really-over-before-it-started-

AW wrote:
'The game was really over before it started'

On conceding such an early goal…
“The most disappointing thing tonight is that we don’t feel like we’ve played the Semi-Final of the Champions League because we were out of it after 10 minutes. We had 80 minutes to play against a team who defend well and waited for the counter attack. We were in a position where we had to take all the gambles after having started quite well. The most disappointing thing is that the game was over before it started, that is most difficult to swallow.

“We can only look at ourselves I must say but it’s very, very disappointing to fight such a long way to get where we have been but to give the game away like we did tonight.

“It is the most disappointing. I felt the fans were really up for a big night and to disappoint the people who stand behind the team so much tonight hurts really.”

On individual mistakes costing his team…
“We do not want to blame any player individually. It is like that and in two minutes we conceded two goals which was too much on a night like that against a team who defends well and comes out on the counter-attack.

“We were ready for a fight, ready for a game, but after 10 minutes it was impossible. We kept going and we did as much as we could, played with pride and desire, but of course some part of the belief had gone.”

On Man United deserving their place in the Final…
“We could talk all night but it would not change the mistakes now – that’s the game. I must say that, over the two games, Man United deserved to go through because the game could have been over in the first leg. We had a good opportunity to come back and I believe we would have done it but overall they were the better side – congratulation to them and good luck in the Final.

“We had some experienced defensive players who were out for a long time. We had to deal with that. I wouldn’t like to blame the players who played but it’s part of football. Of course you do not plan it but we have to stand up for it and finish the season well and respond well against Chelsea.”

On the possibility of adding to his squad in the summer…
“It’s a difficult question to answer tonight because I am too disappointed. I need to take some distance with this season. We are on a consistent run of 21 games unbeaten but recently in the games that have mattered, like Chelsea and tonight, we couldn’t win. That of course needs thinking.

“It’s easy to say that we needa bit of experience but I am convinced that we have the quality and we’ll continue to develop. If you look at the average age of the team it is still very young. To reach that level deserves a lot of credit but tonight we were caught by a tem who has the art to kill and take advantage of mistakes. I believe Cristiano Ronaldo today gave us a tough time.”

[Wednesday, May 06, 2009]

So sad. You can tell how utterly gutted he is. We love you, Arsene.
BennisBergkamp
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby UFGN » Tue May 05, 2009 11:44 pm

BennisBergkamp wrote:
Up For Grabs Now wrote:Right so we lose 3-1 at home and it is "nothing to do with Wenger"

Funny that

He got us to the CL semi-final with a mostly young and inexperienced squad, and we lost to the European champions. Get over it. They are a better team than us.

Well that makes it alright then. I mean they are better than us so thats ok :rolleyes:

Quite a few of our "young" players are not really all that young. And the fact the team lacks experience is the fault of one man.

UFGN

Postby BennisBergkamp » Tue May 05, 2009 11:48 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:
BennisBergkamp wrote:

Funny that

Well that makes it alright then. I mean they are better than us so thats ok :rolleyes:

Quite a few of our "young" players are not really all that young. And the fact the team lacks experience is the fault of one man.

And how do they gain experience, UFGN? By playing matches like this one. We simply do not have the resources to just buy top, experienced players every summer. We are not that club. And we are having to compete with the clubs that do have those resources. Considering that, I think Wenger does a bloody good job.
BennisBergkamp
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby ekajrebbur » Tue May 05, 2009 11:50 pm

Bristol_Gunner wrote:
dai.nose_oar wrote:4-1 4-1 4-1 4-1 4-1 4-1 4-1 4-1 4-1 4-1 4-1 4-1 4-1 4-1 4-1 4-1 4-1 4-1 4-1 4-1 4-1 4-1 4-1 4-1 4-1 4-1 4-1 4-1 4-1 4-1 4-1 4-1 4-1 4-1 4-1 4-1 4-1
Sorry, keyboard's stuck!

you can die in a car fire f***ing t**t

When you joined this forum, they stated, and you implicitly or otherwise, agreed to the following:

"..You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “Arsenal Forum - Goonersworld” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that “Arsenal Forum - Goonersworld” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither “Arsenal Forum - Goonersworld” nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised."

So... how come you are still allowed on this forum?
ekajrebbur
Liam Brady

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09