Arsenal Vs Man Utd | CL Semi L2 05/05/09

Re: Arsenal Vs Man Utd | CL Semi L2 05/05/09

Postby Reverend Gooner » Wed May 06, 2009 1:58 am

Yes i laughed, fair play that was humourous.

ekajrebbur wrote:You can post to this forum - as long as you don't criticise Arsenal

The person who owns this site criticises the club all the time, you obviously don't know what you are talking about.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ekajrebbur » Wed May 06, 2009 2:03 am

That sounds like " We (collective Gooners Fans) don't brook any kind of criticism, and will not exchange views on this our sacrosanct forum. We may swe*r at you, but you may not sw*ar at us. Please join us if you are a Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs etc. fan, and expect a one-way stream of insults, and take it or you'll LOOK LIKE A MUPPET (oh,no!)"
Even so, fact is - I'll be off this web soon - but you - you still lost 1-4.
ekajrebbur
Liam Brady

Postby UFGN » Wed May 06, 2009 2:06 am

ekajrebbur wrote:That sounds like " We (collective Gooners Fans) don't brook any kind of criticism, and will not exchange views on this our sacrosanct forum. We may swe*r at you, but you may not sw*ar at us. Please join us if you are a Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs etc. fan, and expect a one-way stream of insults, and take it or you'll LOOK LIKE A MUPPET (oh,no!)"
Even so, fact is - I'll be off this web soon - but you - you still lost 1-4.

You should have a chat with our resident City fan. He's online right now.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby ekajrebbur » Wed May 06, 2009 2:12 am

Reverend Gooner wrote:..The person who owns this site criticises the club all the time, you obviously don't know what you are talking about.

Yes, I was wrong in that respect - there is a lot of criticism going on here tonight, I just thought I'd join in.. :P
ekajrebbur
Liam Brady

Postby Leody » Wed May 06, 2009 3:12 am

Why is it that we can get along fine with fans of other clubs on here... then as soon as a Manc supporter shows up we have trouble?

Shows their maturity I suppose...
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Wed May 06, 2009 8:57 am

republicofmancunia wrote:unlucky tanite i was at de home leg in OT,,tbh..we wer de better side on both occasions

Another manc who learned English in Borstal by the looks of it :rolleyes:

Sad t**t
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Wed May 06, 2009 9:01 am

ekajrebbur wrote:
Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:
SE13 wrote:
dai.nose_oar wrote:I am a plastic Manc idiot. I am a plastic Manc idiot. I am a plastic Manc idiot. I am a plastic Manc idiot. I am a plastic Manc idiot. I am a plastic Manc idiot. I am a plastic Manc idiot. I am a plastic Manc idiot.
Sorry, keyboard's stuck!

Yep, about sums it up!

Obviously puberty comes a bit later for your type of "person"

:rofll:

Careful SE, he'll call his mum in a minute!!

(I've heard she's easy anyway ;) )

When you joined this forum, they stated, and you implicitly or otherwise, agreed to the following:

"..You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “Arsenal Forum - Goonersworld” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that “Arsenal Forum - Goonersworld” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither “Arsenal Forum - Goonersworld” nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised."

So, how come you have not been kicked off this forum?

:rofll:

Found yourself a little cut and paste have you manc? :rolleyes:

Typical of you scumbags, you come onto a rival site, and dish it out, and then when you get it back, you start crying and wetting yourselves. I see where Ronaldo gets it from now :rofll:

Still laughing now at the fact that you've gone through this thread and posted the same little finger wag at everyone who's had a go back at your sad little friend

Go home :rofll:

EDIT: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: I just read his tearful little "rant" further down the page :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:

Grow up ekajrebbur :rofll:
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Jason77 » Wed May 06, 2009 9:15 am

“It’s easy to say that we needa bit of experience but I am convinced that we have the quality and we’ll continue to develop. If you look at the average age of the team it is still very young.
Jason77
Patrick Vieira

Postby bishop05 » Wed May 06, 2009 10:58 am

well , we lost its as simple as that 5 mins in we looked like we were ready to fight as soon as they scored it was over to be honest. I can see alot of players with doubt in there mind lets just hope we take it out on chelski!
thanks for my av and sig!
bishop05
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby thebish » Wed May 06, 2009 12:20 pm

thoughts of a non-gooner FWIW..

a few pages ago I wished arsenal well and actually inserted the gooner flag emoticon... I have to say - as my first game as a pseudo-gooner - the lads let me down...

(yes - I am well used to that being a Bolton fan - but i did not expect it from Arsenal - especially taking into account what Wenger said before the game...)

anyway - FWIW...
    1. The captaincy - I am soooo not convinced that Fibreglass is your man... heads dropped after the first goal - and totally after the second. yet it was only 10mins into the game - any captain worth his salt would have BELIEVED it was still possible - put a rocket up his players and gone for it with nowt to lose - I am SURE manU would have thrown the kitchen sink at you if they had gone two down with 70mins to play... you didn't throw anything at all - apart from the odd hissy - and much of that has to be down to the captain...
    2. defense - yes - shaky, and taking a lot of stick - but - really - last night you barely showed any attacking teeth at all... walcott? walcott who? nasri was your stand-out man...
    3. adebayour... hmmmm.... that studded stamp to carrick's ankle was premiditated and malicious... given Wengers sworn desire to rid the game of cynical violence - I fully expect him to be disciplined by the club..... NOT
    4. Wenger... I think that the questions being asked about him are valid. Arsenal were outplayed and outfought over both legs. He is consistently out-thought or out-tacticed in these big games... I realise that many of you think there are no other decent managers out there... but I don't think it is an unreasonable question to ask whether he has taken arsenal as far as he can - and has become stale - or has been found lacking in one crucial dimension - instilling that difficult-to-quantify raw passion and do-or-die attitude in the team for these big games - arsenal looked like rabbits caught in the headlights. on paper you should be able to match manU - especially at your own ground - but you simply did not - you were outmuscled - outplayed - outfought - outskilled and outpassioned.... men against boys... Building for the ever rolling future, maybe - undoubted talent in spotting young talent (and snatching it from other clubs!) - BUT....... this squad - as it is NOW - is surely capable of something more than just a scrap with Villa for 4th spot?
thebish

Postby Rockin' Robin » Wed May 06, 2009 2:53 pm

thebish wrote:thoughts of a non-gooner FWIW..

a few pages ago I wished arsenal well and actually inserted the gooner flag emoticon... I have to say - as my first game as a pseudo-gooner - the lads let me down...

(yes - I am well used to that being a Bolton fan - but i did not expect it from Arsenal - especially taking into account what Wenger said before the game...)

anyway - FWIW...
    1. The captaincy - I am soooo not convinced that Fibreglass is your man... heads dropped after the first goal - and totally after the second. yet it was only 10mins into the game - any captain worth his salt would have BELIEVED it was still possible - put a rocket up his players and gone for it with nowt to lose - I am SURE manU would have thrown the kitchen sink at you if they had gone two down with 70mins to play... you didn't throw anything at all - apart from the odd hissy - and much of that has to be down to the captain...
    2. defense - yes - shaky, and taking a lot of stick - but - really - last night you barely showed any attacking teeth at all... walcott? walcott who? nasri was your stand-out man...
    3. adebayour... hmmmm.... that studded stamp to carrick's ankle was premiditated and malicious... given Wengers sworn desire to rid the game of cynical violence - I fully expect him to be disciplined by the club..... NOT
    4. Wenger... I think that the questions being asked about him are valid. Arsenal were outplayed and outfought over both legs. He is consistently out-thought or out-tacticed in these big games... I realise that many of you think there are no other decent managers out there... but I don't think it is an unreasonable question to ask whether he has taken arsenal as far as he can - and has become stale - or has been found lacking in one crucial dimension - instilling that difficult-to-quantify raw passion and do-or-die attitude in the team for these big games - arsenal looked like rabbits caught in the headlights. on paper you should be able to match manU - especially at your own ground - but you simply did not - you were outmuscled - outplayed - outfought - outskilled and outpassioned.... men against boys... Building for the ever rolling future, maybe - undoubted talent in spotting young talent (and snatching it from other clubs!) - BUT....... this squad - as it is NOW - is surely capable of something more than just a scrap with Villa for 4th spot?

1. Despite being happy about the decision when it was made at the time, I agree with you now. In another thread, I think it was ReverendGooner who said we need to take some of the responsibility off of Fabregas, I completely agree with that. Although he got that last minute winner against Bolton last season, I don't remember too many incidents where he's kept fighting until the last minute. Kolo should be captain imo. I'm sure a lot of my fellow Gooners agree with that, he's probably our longest serving player, and he's a great character. Does anyone think Fabregas got the captaincy so he wouldn't leave? That's happened in the past, with Henry so it's a possibility.
2. Yeah Walcott wasn't good on the night, it might have been down to being marked by both Rooney and Evra. Nasri had a good game, he was always running and even when he hardly had any options managed to find his way out of trouble.
3. I've been saying for most of the season that we should get rid of him, although he proved me wrong on a couple of occasions when it would seem that he could be bothered, he just doesn't put the effort in.
4. Wenger is a more thinking, quiet man, and there's noone better at him at picking unknown players and turning them into household names, but normally when we come up against big teams these days, he can't ..
we interrupt this post to bring you a shocking story...
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... e&&cc=5739
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Tux » Wed May 06, 2009 3:08 pm

Theo14Cesc4 wrote:
we interrupt this post to bring you a shocking story...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... e&&cc=5739

Blimey! The only reason someone should take such drastic action after a poor result is if they had huge money riding on it, or they're severely disturbed. . . No football match is worth that!

Anyway, don't know if anyone seen this Adebayor interview. He seems committed to putting things right next season. . . We'll see. . .

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/06052009/ ... enger.html
Tux
Liam Brady

Postby bishop05 » Wed May 06, 2009 3:10 pm

JESUS thats crazzzyyy , he won't see us beat chelsea now
thanks for my av and sig!
bishop05
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby maslo » Wed May 06, 2009 6:57 pm

I havnt posted in ages asive been travelling but after yday i madeit my priority for my small amount of internet time to write what i thought of yday.

Right now im in Cusco, Peru yes in the middle of no where, it may be a touristy city but i was never for one second expecting the crowd i found surrounding me in the pub yday. Full of english man u fans, it was just me one other bloke and a Peruvian female arsenal fan supporting our boys. The rest wereall bloody man u fans and a right bunch of arseholes they were too, half of them barely watched the game only to start yelling swearing and gloating any time they figured they were supposed to (eg a goal or when that poof ronaldo got brushed on the arm and went down wailing)
It was just the most dissapointing afternoon ive had as an arsenal fan, its not themost humiliating result we´ve had but it was just impossible to deal with. Ive watched every arsenal match i can out here travelling which has meant being up at 4 in the morning at times in Aus and waking at half 5 in NZ and catching what snatches of matches i can. Now as the champs league buzz had been growing i´d been getting more and more excited, and yes granted i knew i was going to be a struggle but i honestly thought it was going to be a tight game and we´d put up a good fight. But....i step of my hostel onto the street as i was late for kick off and i just hear goooooooooaaaaaal (those crazy spanish commentators, gotta love em) and i knew it was man u from the response frm inside, from then ion i knew it was gonna be tough yet i still thought we could do it, (from what the other gooner in there said, we´d started well enough) and then for ronaldo to hit that 40 yarder. I was just stunned and totally gutted and have never felt so drained after 10 minutes of a match.
I stayed to the end mind, getting mroe and more frustrated. Torture really but never mind.

I just like to say, yes man u were the better team but i reallythink their first wasvery unlucky on our part and poor gibbs same age as me to have that mistake (slip) on his shoulders is gutting and i still thought he did a good job. From that slip up it was gonna be tough and then to score such a ridiculous freekick. well.. we didnt even get a shot at the tie did we so for all those who are saying we played shit, i just think your wrong, first leg yes, but second leg you cant blame us, we didnt even get a shot at it after those 10 minutes, having to score 4, no team can keep their heads from dropping and we still tfought to the end. so maybe we need to keep behind them say bloody well done for getting this far cos its a great achievement and just might provide the spark and hunger for those younger players in the squad.

Gutted yes but lets not be harsh on the team, Man U are reignign champions anfd favourites to do it again as well as retain the prem title.

and jesus christ thats an insane goal, chelsea just scored and Essiens goal is just f***ing ridiculous, rooting for barca i want them to smash them and go onto wipe that grin off manures face.
maslo
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby ekajrebbur » Sun May 10, 2009 4:12 pm

3-0. Goal every 20 minutes. :hiding:
ekajrebbur
Liam Brady

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09