lol
arsene knows
liam_cork
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Re: Portsmouth Vs Arsenal | Premiership 02/05/09

Postby Inchpräctice » Sat May 02, 2009 11:21 pm

Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:
TheOne2Smooth wrote:I think we need to arrange a kidnapping of Diaby and Adebayor anyone up for that?

I'm too busy with the kidnapping of big Brede Hangeland to shape up the back. I think if you just gave Diaby a ball in the dressing room before the game he wouldn't make it to the pitch cos he'd be still trying to pick who to pass to even though he'd be the only **** in there.

:rofll:

Give him the ball in the Manure dressing room and he'll just dribble round them for half an hour until he collapses from dizziness.

Good game today, some schoolboy errors from the schoolboys but also some great play that outclassed an experienced Pompey side.
When you think that we rested 8 players and won 3-0 you just can't argue with that.
4th spot done and dusted. If we beat Chelscum it could even be third.
Shat myself when Theo went down injured and didn't get up. Hope he's alright for Tuesday.

:arsenal3:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Gunflash » Sun May 03, 2009 2:31 am

This was a decent result and we've secured fourth spot. It seems like a surreal old time when the media was drooling about the prospect of Aston Villa beating us to fourth. That's 21 games unbeaten in the league now - can you imagine the reaction if Man Utd had done that? Anyway, onwards and upwards, hopefully to the ECL final.
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby golfinguy » Sun May 03, 2009 3:24 am

gunngunn wrote:BUT, however outstanding Vela was, even he was outclassed by Arshavin, he played a part in all the goals, led the team superbly and showed the kind of sportsmanship that is NON-EXISTANT in the game today.

Yeah, I really do not understand why the Pompey fans were booing Arshavin after the penalty call. He didn't dive for it, even motioned that he didn't think it was a penalty, and they still booed him. So, Arshavin outclassed the fans too ;)

Vela did have a great game. His touch was superb. That swine flu must be magic :sneaky: :biggrin:
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Gunner Down Under » Sun May 03, 2009 3:40 am

Swine flu.... no one understands it still
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby SE13 » Sun May 03, 2009 8:46 am

Gunflash wrote:This was a decent result and we've secured fourth spot. It seems like a surreal old time when the media was drooling about the prospect of Aston Villa beating us to fourth. That's 21 games unbeaten in the league now - can you imagine the reaction if Man Utd had done that? Anyway, onwards and upwards, hopefully to the ECL final.

It doesn't warrant even thinking about! The media would be wanking themselves stupid over it. But it's only Arsenal, so just mentioning it in passing should be ok. :rolleyes:

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Gunner Down Under » Sun May 03, 2009 9:00 am

Can this be another Invincibles? Not as much class as 0304 though
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun May 03, 2009 5:42 pm

Had the match recorded and watched it when I came home. Was absolutely twisted and was screaming like a mad man, Lady Fabrestuta was trying to sleep and was not amused.
Vela was class yesterday, on one run he held off Campbell like he was a child. Arshy is getting better every time I see him. He was a monster once again and everything seemed to flow through him.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby SE13 » Tue May 05, 2009 10:17 am

Via E-Mail, Arsene Wenger wrote:Dear Supporter,

We dominated completely in the first half at Portsmouth and were creating plenty of chances throughout with our movement and technical quality. We were sharp, composed, mobile and had a great attitude.

In the second half they changed their game plan and we struggled for about 10 minutes. They had a chance for 2-1 and maybe that was the turning point. When we scored the third the game was over.

There were a few penalty appeals and, as for the one that was given, some people are saying Arshavin said it wasn't a penalty, but for me it looked like one. There was one before on Carlos Vela that was 100 per cent. Portsmouth are not happy but for me it looked like it.

I gave Arshavin the captaincy for the game because it was such a young side and I have said many times I like a rotational leadership. He was the most experienced player. Since he arrived he has had a fantastic attitude with everybody and I wanted to reward him for that.

Nicklas Bendtner contributed a great deal to our victory. I always believed in him and I think he is developing very well. He showed that again on Saturday.

I made seven changes to the team which started at Old Trafford. The main injury worries are still Robin van Persie and Mikael Silvestre and I just wanted to give a breather to some of the players. But I never have doubts about these young players. I see them everyday and you can see there is a good communication, a good connection and we showed some good combination play; we work a lot on that. These players have talent.

Thanks for your support.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Gunner Down Under » Tue May 05, 2009 10:20 am

Get that email too SE13? Not much of a match report though
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby SE13 » Tue May 05, 2009 2:07 pm

I get one every Monday. You can sign up for them at Arsenal.com

SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09