Man Utd Vs Arsenal | Champions League SF (L1) 29/04/09

Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal | Champions League SF (L1) 29/04/09

Postby saga4711 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:16 pm

So far in my life I have only booed once and yeah Ronaldo was there (with rest of Portuguese team)...
saga4711
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby gooner-geeza » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:17 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:
Irish_Gooner wrote:Just had another look at ronaldo's tantrum

Thank god we dont have anyone like that in the team

Bollocks to that, I'd give the bastard a job at Arsenal tbh

:rofll: :rofll: :rofll: .... what job did you have in mind Up For Grabs Now....?
gooner-geeza
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Inchpräctice » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:17 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:

Yeah so would I.

Cleaning the toilets.

With his tongue.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby liam_cork » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:19 pm

Inchpractice wrote:I wish you'd make up your mind mate.
A few pages back you called Bendtner a 'useless k***' and now you're saying he played 'great'.
:rolleyes:

more saying its great to see, fair play to him rather than he's great. a summer working on his finishing would be interesting because his all round game is getting better but he's a striker who cant shoot
arsene knows
liam_cork
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gouldinho » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:21 pm

The back 5 were excellent tonight as well as song, Diaby had his moments but i really dont get this left sided midfielder thing. They should of swapped him and Nasri around. Adebayor was muckish. Arsenal were very slow going forward. Arsenal are at their best when attacking at pace. Its usually a good slow build up then quicken up the further they go up the pitch but it never did quicken up no matter how far they went up the pitch.
IT WAS CESC FABREGAS INSPIRED
gouldinho
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby gooner-geeza » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:28 pm

It was a pitty that we was'nt quick enough tonight...I feel we had a better chance if the line-up was a bit different... Like Dudu & Denilson in their roles and Cesc to hold back... He did try bless him! But Almunia was the man tonight... not sure about Fabs doing a great job like that... I feel Almunia should rest at the weekend and ready for the mancs... He'll definately benefit.
gooner-geeza
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Inchpräctice » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:30 pm

liam_cork wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:I wish you'd make up your mind mate.
A few pages back you called Bendtner a 'useless k***' and now you're saying he played 'great'.
:rolleyes:

more saying its great to see, fair play to him rather than he's great. a summer working on his finishing would be interesting because his all round game is getting better but he's a striker who cant shoot

A striker who can't shoot but has managed to score 12 goals this season.
What a k***!

Oh why do I bother....? :disgust:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby gooner-geeza » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:32 pm

Hope Rio is out for those 2-3 weeks... Ade & Dudu on for def... Bendtner to come 2nd half to finish... he just needs that cutting eye to clinch a quick goal!!!

So we need more than three goals 2nd leg without conceding.
gooner-geeza
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby UFGN » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:33 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
Up For Grabs Now wrote:

Yeah so would I.

Cleaning the toilets.

With his tongue.

Thats quite enough of your disturbing fantasies, thank you very much. :naughty:
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby gooner-geeza » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:35 pm

Looks like we need two more good strikers in the new season...?!
gooner-geeza
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby lucifer82 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:37 pm

Evenin all. I'm new here, but I've have been lookin at the board for the past week or so. Great board, looks like there's some top banter. Look forward to gettin stuck in! I just wish I was joinin in more happier circumstances.
Been in the ale house watchin the game and am just so miserable and angry that I had to take a slow lonely walk home to try and make sense of what we actually played like tonight. You'll probably discover as time passes that I'm not an Emmanuel Adebayor fan by a long chalk, and after tonight, I could quite happily watch him die in a pool of is own blood.
What was glarin for me tonight was the absence of Arshavin or anyone who can produce out of the blue, pure magic. Flair with end product. Utd had 3 in their startin line-up... I don't even think we had anyone in our whole squad. And as much as we are almost one-trick pony pass merchants, where was the movement tonight? Everyone seemed static. It was a limp performance. Such a waste - Champions League Semi Final and our players produce that. Which is actually quite annoyin considerin how many of them keep statin they want the club to match their ambitions. Well, tonight, I didn't see any ambition.

At The Grove? My heart says Arsenal, but my head says Utd. I'm gutted.
"I would rather smother my son than let him support Tottenham." - Noel Gallagher
"It's weird, innit? You don't see any white dog shit around anymore, do ya? Not since the 70's." - Bones (AKA Perry Benson)
lucifer82
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby UFGN » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:43 pm

Hello and welcome. Yeah it was bollocks. If you copy what you just wrote in the introductions area you can start your own intro thread.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:49 pm

lucifer82 wrote:Evenin all. I'm new here, but I've have been lookin at the board for the past week or so. Great board, looks like there's some top banter. Look forward to gettin stuck in! I just wish I was joinin in more happier circumstances.
Been in the ale house watchin the game and am just so miserable and angry that I had to take a slow lonely walk home to try and make sense of what we actually played like tonight. You'll probably discover as time passes that I'm not an Emmanuel Adebayor fan by a long chalk, and after tonight, I could quite happily watch him die in a pool of is own blood.
What was glarin for me tonight was the absence of Arshavin or anyone who can produce out of the blue, pure magic. Flair with end product. Utd had 3 in their startin line-up... I don't even think we had anyone in our whole squad. And as much as we are almost one-trick pony pass merchants, where was the movement tonight? Everyone seemed static. It was a limp performance. Such a waste - Champions League Semi Final and our players produce that. Which is actually quite annoyin considerin how many of them keep statin they want the club to match their ambitions. Well, tonight, I didn't see any ambition.

Excellent first post mate :clap:
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gooner-geeza » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:52 pm

lucifer82 wrote:Evenin all. I'm new here, but I've have been lookin at the board for the past week or so. Great board, looks like there's some top banter. Look forward to gettin stuck in! I just wish I was joinin in more happier circumstances.

Well said lucifer... i don't think ours players have anything to say after tonight... most of them who are planning to leave in the summer "cause we lack Ambition" is chatting rubbish!!! We've kicked man Scums a good few times... as our head to head record shows! but if these guys wanna go... then it's not what they wanna share with us until they have a decent piece of Silverware! how many more times in the season are we gonna :BangHead: our heads to reach a few trophies....???

Just heard Almunia's Interview... He is confident that we can beat them next week, we need to keep our :lipssealed: until the jobs done!
gooner-geeza
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:58 pm

Disappointed we didnt get an away goal, but it aint over till the fat lady sings & 1-0 isnt un-recoverable. Keep the Faith people, may well be a different ending next week. ;)
Almunia kept us in the game & was amazing, had Ade not come off his spot, he could have cleared the ball in from from oshea, but no point in if's & but's.
Mancs run us ragged in the 1st half & as much as i hate him, Tevez work rate was fabulous he was everywhere, same old nonsence from that nancy boy, play acting for the camera, i swear he should be in the movies at least then he would get a well deserved ocsar.

Special mention for Gibbs who once again was well up for it, considering who he was up against, he also outran the portuguese poof on one occaision which i was delighted with! The lad is made of steel he never gave up. Definatley one for the future & i bet Gael is watching over his shoulder. ;)

I cant help but think how so much we are missing Shava for this competition.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09