Man Utd Vs Arsenal | Champions League SF (L1) 29/04/09

Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal | Champions League SF (L1) 29/04/09

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:00 pm

Oh & to add to that ^^^^

t**t of the week quote goes to Hoddle -post match:

"Arsenal , if they havent got as many injuries will field a stronger side next week"

Talk about stating the damn obvious! :rolleyes:
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby gooner-geeza » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:01 pm

Almunia was MAN of the Match :arse fan: :arse flag.gif: How blinding is that... once again, he's shown character.... It may not be over next week Goooners :grouphug:

I'm gonna try and smoke less by next weeks match.... as I bloody smoked loads tonight :lol: Last one before bedtime as I can't stand skysports news RIGHT now!!! :angry: :BangHead:
gooner-geeza
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby gooner-geeza » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:07 pm

Cocky Alex... so he wants to score at ours again, does he... :sneaky2: That diver needs to come out the prem, he's still setting bad manners and needs to take that STUNT stuff to spain... and see where that gets him :rofll:
gooner-geeza
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby lucifer82 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:14 pm

There's too many talkers at our club for my likin. Too many players who do big interviews before big games makin cocky statements. Adebayor's probably the most guilty of that. Dint he say he'd score tonight? Prat. I won't be surprised if one of em is sayin "We'll win 2-0 at The Emirates!" Sod off sayin it! DO IT! I recorded the game, thought I'd watch the analysis first and see the impartial Souness, Gullit and 'Diamond Lights' Hoddle. Got to give it em, they were pretty much spot on and then they showed various angle replays of the goal... D'ya see Adebayor just trot away from the spot he was supposed to be markin... the spot where they scored the goal from?! His continuin lack of concentration and complete lack of awareness get right on my tits. Mug.
What's the matter with us, eh? We were playin at Old Trafford in the Semi's which is a hard task for any team. Home of the European Champions. Why weren't gettin stuck into them from the off! We should have been on them, pressin, creatin a tempo or at least make it a battle! I'm just flat right now, it eff's my week up when we lose, cos I defend The Arsenal to the hilt... but you can't really defend that performance. Thrown that whole game away because of either lack of belief, lack or urgency, lack of passion, lack of quality... well, most probably all of them.
"I would rather smother my son than let him support Tottenham." - Noel Gallagher
"It's weird, innit? You don't see any white dog shit around anymore, do ya? Not since the 70's." - Bones (AKA Perry Benson)
lucifer82
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby ozgooner » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:37 pm

only halftime really , almunia was enormous for us tonight and he has kept us in next weeks game . gibbs impressed me too . 1 nil at old trafford aint that bad really . hopefully we will have gallas , van persie and clichy back for the 2nd leg . 3 quality players there , they will make the difference and we will knock the ****s over at ashburton grove !!! ;)

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Gunflash » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:56 pm

Almunia was magnificent. Now that he's finally been given a run as first choice goalkeeper he's shown his ability. Toure, Silvestre and Gibbs were impressive. It'll be tough in the second leg because I fancy Man Utd to score, so we'll need a two-goal margin but we'll be far better at home and Man Utd, as we've seen tonight, can be wasteful.
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:03 am

what an anti climax of a game

our players looked lazy and showed no fight or determination to get a goal back

conceeding a goal like that at this stage of the champions league is simply embarrassing.
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Gunner Down Under » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:34 am

but almunia was simply great. He played an absolute blinder that game. But I have realised that about 5 players were out of their prefered position, though. We'll need a better lineup on the 6th.
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:40 am

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... r-reaction

The Boss wrote:
'You will see a different Arsenal next week'

On the overall performance…
“It was a difficult game played at a high pace. Manchester United started stronger than us and if you look at the clear cut chances they were on top, of course, tonight. The positive is that we are only 1-0 down and we are still to play at home. I am convinced you will see a different Arsenal at The Emirates.

"I believe we still have a chance to reverse the result. Football can be like this. We could play tomorrow and you would see a different game. That is why I still believe at home we can do it. The tie is still very open. United could have regrets because they could have scored a second goal, and it is up to us to make them regret that."

On upping the ante in big games…
“If you are in a Semi-Final of the Champions League it means that we have played well in big games before.”

On Manuel Almunia…
“A player who had a big game in a big game! He was excellent, top class in every sense. The reading of the game, his decision making, his sharpness. He was really top class tonight.”

On failing to test Edwin van der Sar…
“I believe that we were not dangerous enough offensively. After the first 20 minutes we thought we could do something but we were not sharp enough in the final third. Defensively we had a positive game, but we were in a position where we had to come out and score. Then United played the game they love which is counter-attack.”

On rotating for the weekend fixture at Fratton Park…
“We want to catch Chelsea, and beat Portsmouth. But we will certainly have to rest one or two players. I can't think about that yet, though.”

On keeping Ronaldo relatively quiet…
“I think Gibbs had a very good game again today. He is a very promising full-back."

On staying confident…
“It will be a good opportunity to show our character and our mental strength. I am confident you will see it so I invite you to a press conference next Tuesday after the game, and then you would have seen it.”

"There is a Final at stake. Don't worry, when you play at home knowing you could reach a Final, we will be up for it. I am confident because I believe we will be on top next Tuesday and you will see a different Arsenal team."

[Wednesday, April 29, 2009]
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby arseman » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:42 am

:shock:
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby bergie4ever » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:43 am

What can we say after yesterday's evening "football lesson" ?? :think:

We can say for sure to all the people who has once say that Almunia is a "poor goalkeeper": well,you were all f***ing wrong my dear friends!! :frogwink:

It was, without any doubt,his best game ever since he play for us!!
:hail:
He was the ONE AND ONLY who has keeping a "little bit of hope" alive for the second tie!! :hail:
Like they say in the NBA,he was in the f***ing zone!! :clap:

Let's just hope the mancs will regret all their missed chances next week at the emirates... :pray:
bergie4ever
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby InvincibleGunners » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:59 am

1 nil isn't the be all and end all but for some reason I'm really not confident, this is how i see it going down...

We start much better and take the game to the mancs
Half-time: We're 1 up
2nd half: Man U come at us but we catch 'em on the break and score about 70-75 mins
THEN we go into that piss poor defensive mode (a la Liverpool) where we start fannying about and end up gifting them an 85th minute away goal.

Sorry, I just can't see it being any different
Wenger for life, may he live forever!
InvincibleGunners
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:03 am

bergie4ever wrote:We can say for sure to all the people who has once say that Almunia is a "poor goalkeeper": well,you were all f***ing wrong my dear friends!! :frogwink:

So you're saying cos he played well yesterday that it makes these people wrong? One game doesn't make a player.

I'm not saying I think Almunia is bad, or good for that matter, just stating that one good game doesn't mean everyone is wrong.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:23 am

I'm still amazied at the abuse Ade takes off some of our own. The guy was playing lone striker and got very little in the way of any support or decent passes and it's all falling on him? He was forced to come deeper all night, forced to come out to the wings to pick up balls then no-one had the initiative to actually move into the box when he come out.

Our midfield was yet again missing, the passing was terrible and I still am reeling over the fact Diaby managed to find his way into our line up yet again and yet again spent too much time flaffing around on the ball and surrendering possetion the same way he did against Chelski.

Our defense is a f***ing shambles and the only positives for the night that it was only one and the fact that young Gibbs is impressing me to the f***ing hilt.

Terrible team selection yet again from Le Prof :(

Still anways next week to sort things out. I do fancy it going extra time.
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:25 am

Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:
I do fancy it going extra time.

Hopefully, tire them out before we play them on the Sunday! :D
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext