Arsenal Vs Middlesbrough | Premiership 26/04/09

Re: Arsenal Vs Middlesbrough | Premiership 26/04/09

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:31 pm

saga4711 wrote:
SE13 wrote:
saga4711 wrote:over 60.000 people watching at Emirates (I wish I could go there to see a match someday).

Yeah, and about 59,000 of them have f***ked off before the end. :rolleyes:

I really can't understand that...why leave before match is ended? There might be something important or funny events after the match...

Its the prawn sandwich brigade. They always bugger off before the match is over
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby saga4711 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:37 pm

HorseMachine wrote:
saga4711 wrote:
SE13 wrote:
saga4711 wrote:over 60.000 people watching at Emirates (I wish I could go there to see a match someday).

I really can't understand that...why leave before match is ended? There might be something important or funny events after the match...

Wrongly or rightly its so they don't have to spend nearly an hour trying to get to the train stations.

I remember when I was watching a match in Amsterdam Holland (I went to see Robin and rest of Oranje in Sept 2007). Even we lef after final time and players left the pitch we had to wait outside train station because doors were locked. They had first let Away team fans leave before others (so that there would not be fights....
saga4711
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby BennisBergkamp » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:38 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:
saga4711 wrote:
SE13 wrote:

In their defense, the tube/traffic IS a bitch afterwards. However, I agree they're bastards and that you do miss things that way. I remember after the 4-0 win over Blackburn, Diouf for some reason had stayed on the pitch clapping the away support longer than any other player. He ended up walking back to the tunnel, the only player on the pitch, while the 30,000 or so still left in the ground booed him vociferously. Diouf put his hands to his lips, and gave a big kiss to the crowd as if to say, "Yeah, I f***ing love you as well, you twats." Everyone cheered. One of my favourite memories of that match!
BennisBergkamp
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby saga4711 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:44 pm

BennisBergkamp wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:
saga4711 wrote:
SE13 wrote:

In their defense, the tube/traffic IS a bitch afterwards. However, I agree they're bastards and that you do miss things that way. I remember after the 4-0 win over Blackburn, Diouf for some reason had stayed on the pitch clapping the away support longer than any other player. He ended up walking back to the tunnel, the only player on the pitch, while the 30,000 or so still left in the ground booed him vociferously. Diouf put his hands to his lips, and gave a big kiss to the crowd as if to say, "Yeah, I f***ing love you as well, you twats." Everyone cheered. One of my favourite memories of that match!

One of my favorites was after Finland-Spain friendly when one of the players (I don't remember which team I think Finnish tho because it was coldish night) jumped high jump (that was next to pitch so anyone who hadn't left by that time saw it)...
saga4711
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:55 pm

saga4711 wrote:
BennisBergkamp wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:
saga4711 wrote:
SE13 wrote:

One of my favorites was after Finland-Spain friendly when one of the players (I don't remember which team I think Finnish tho because it was coldish night) jumped high jump (that was next to pitch so anyone who hadn't left by that time saw it)...

You are Finnish saga? That would explain any dislike of Russians. I have 2 really good mates from Helsinki and lets just say they aren't too fond of Russians either.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby saga4711 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:03 pm

Yes I am Finnish and I gre up in South East (really next to Russian border) so that is also area with most Russian dislike. I lived a year 2 KM (about 1 mile) from Russia. So we are ones to suffer for forest fires etc. Couple of years ago going outside was impossible because the smoke. And radio channels had to tell that smoke is from Russia and not local so no need to call 112.
saga4711
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:06 pm

saga4711 wrote:Yes I am Finnish and I gre up in South East (really next to Russian border) so that is also area with most Russian dislike. I lived a year 2 KM (about 1 mile) from Russia. So we are ones to suffer for forest fires etc. Couple of years ago going outside was impossible because the smoke. And radio channels had to tell that smoke is from Russia and not local so no need to call 112.

Yeah I heard all about that. Didn't the Russians deny that the smoke was coming from them or something?

Anyway back on topic. Boro are going down, lets hope Newcastle join them.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby saga4711 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:08 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:
saga4711 wrote:Yes I am Finnish and I gre up in South East (really next to Russian border) so that is also area with most Russian dislike. I lived a year 2 KM (about 1 mile) from Russia. So we are ones to suffer for forest fires etc. Couple of years ago going outside was impossible because the smoke. And radio channels had to tell that smoke is from Russia and not local so no need to call 112.

Yeah I heard all about that. Didn't the Russians deny that the smoke was coming from them or something?

something like that.

I don't know who I hope would go down (well since one I want to go down can't do that...)
saga4711
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby damo1583 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:10 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:

Personally i would preffer the Toon to stay up, as long as that C*** Brown and his Hull pub side go down!
Who you tryin' to get crazy with ese? Don't you know i'm LOCO?
damo1583
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby SE13 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:10 pm

Bennis Bergkamp wrote:In their defense, the tube/traffic IS a bitch afterwards.

That's no excuse! We used to cram 60,000+ into Highbury and all stay to the end. The Picc runs a train every two minutes in both directions as does the Vic, so that's the best part of 120 trains on two different lines running people in all four directions just in the first hour after the final whistle. You can get pushing on 900 on each train as well.

And that's before those that walk/live locally/catch the bus/drive.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby damo1583 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:14 pm

When i got to the Grove you have to drag me out of the place, I have always been like a kid in a toy shop when it comes to The Arsenal........
Who you tryin' to get crazy with ese? Don't you know i'm LOCO?
damo1583
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby saga4711 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:14 pm

damo1583 wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:

Personally i would preffer the Toon to stay up, as long as that C*** Brown and his Hull pub side go down!

Oh I agree about Hull, I was kind of happy how well they did at first but after they atttaced Cesc they are my 2nd least favorite (close 2nd tho).
saga4711
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:16 pm

damo1583 wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:

I'm torn. I want Hull to go down but I am sick and tired of Geordies banging on about Newcastle, a nice trip to the Championship might shut them up for a while.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby saga4711 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:18 pm

I started to check what else is on TV apart for Blackburn-Wigan and found Arsenal-Middlesborough. Should I watch this? :rofll:
saga4711
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:19 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:
I'm torn. I want Hull to go down but I am sick and tired of Geordies banging on about Newcastle, a nice trip to the Championship might shut them up for a while.

Get both of the c**** down! I don't care who the other team is although I'd love West Brom to stay up.

Anyhow good game, nice easy game to set us up for the mancs :biggrin:
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09