Arsenal Vs Middlesbrough | Premiership 26/04/09

Re: Arsenal Vs Middlesbrough | Premiership 26/04/09

Postby waisman » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:22 pm

I'd love it if West Brom and Borough somehow manage to stay up and Newcastle, Hull and Blackburn went down
waisman
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby saga4711 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:31 pm

OK I don't listen Finnish commentators much but now that I'm watching this match being rerun that commentator is making me laugh (he commented Cesc's beard and then how he almost kicked the ball through the netting).
saga4711
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby gooner-geeza » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:35 pm

damo1583 wrote:When i got to the Grove you have to drag me out of the place, I have always been like a kid in a toy shop when it comes to The Arsenal........

:rofll: ... I have to agree and own up to that one lol! My kids have to drag me out... I think we need a much BIGGER store with a delivery service on point after sale :arse fan:

Arshavin was outstanding today... If it wasn't for his nippy run down the flank and assisted Cesc for the 1st goal... I don't think Bendtner would have had a chance! It's been a LONG while since Bendtner scored in the prem or in general... How can you Bendy fans be happy with him playing in the Senior level???
gooner-geeza
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby saga4711 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:42 pm

gooner-geeza wrote:
damo1583 wrote:When i got to the Grove you have to drag me out of the place, I have always been like a kid in a toy shop when it comes to The Arsenal........

:rofll: ... I have to agree and own up to that one lol! My kids have to drag me out... I think we need a much BIGGER store with a delivery service on point after sale :arse fan:

Arshavin was outstanding today... If it wasn't for his nippy run down the flank and assisted Cesc for the 1st goal... I don't think Bendtner would have had a chance! It's been a LONG while since Bendtner scored in the prem or in general... How can you Bendy fans be happy with him playing in the Senior level???

If I would get there to see a match I'd be one of last to leave. and even then I might stay outside there... Then again I might have couple bags full of stuff I bought from Armoury (like last/first time I have been there)
saga4711
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby SE13 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:07 pm

I'll freely admit to arriving late on occasions, getting me out of the pub is no mean feat! But I've never left before the end.

How often do Arsenal score late on? Quite a lot!

And the argument that they were there, why not just turn up, go to the bar, have a couple of beers, and clear off just after kick-off. Yep, you were there........

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:22 pm

tbhi thought alround the team did very well, we won easily without having to do much. the perfect match before chmaps league.
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:43 pm

I watched the game at work, albeit with the sound off.

Overall, a decent performance I thought.

Arsh, Walcott, Cesc and Eboue were all on song today, and how good is it to have Manuel back!! :hail:

This game was a really one in the eye for the Almunia and Eboue bashers :sneaky:

Also, as I said, I had the sound off, but it looked at halftime like that clown Jamie Redknapp just kept banging on and on about the alledged offside for the first goal, am I about right? :rolleyes:
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby liam_cork » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:59 pm

it looked like a training game today.
Last edited by liam_cork on Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arsene knows
liam_cork
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Laura » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:52 pm

gooner-geeza wrote:
Arshavin was outstanding today... If it wasn't for his nippy run down the flank and assisted Cesc for the 1st goal... I don't think Bendtner would have had a chance! It's been a LONG while since Bendtner scored in the prem or in general... How can you Bendy fans be happy with him playing in the Senior level???[/b]

I dont think itd be fair to knock Bendtner, did you not see his touch for the build up to the first goal? He works damn hard for the team and was unlucky not to score in the second half
We still have some shaky moments in defence, Almunia made a few decent saves. But I enjoyed the match, great to see Cesc scoring 2 and Shava showed some great touches. I thought Denilson also showed a lot of fight today which is great before the CL match, he looked as if he was really playing for his place
Laura
Patrick Vieira

Postby gzagee » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:42 pm

WE PAY YOUR BENEFITS
WE PAY YOUR BENEFITS!!

YOU'RE GOING DOWN WITH THE GEORDIES
YOU'RE GOING DOWN WITH THE GEORDIES
GOING DOWN WITH THE GEOOOORDIES
YOU'RE GOING DOWN WITH THE GEORDIES!!
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby gzagee » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:44 pm

gooner-geeza wrote:

I'm in no way a Bendy fan but, why do peeps insist on finding something negative to say about him ON A DAY WE WON AT A CANTER???

Makes no sense to me... :dontknow:
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Gunflash » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:38 pm

This was a pretty routine game and a warm-up for the massive clash on Wednesday. Cesc played an advanced role and it really paid off. For the second goal, he's normally the one picking out the run, rather than making it. Nasri was deeper today but he did well. He worked hard and got involved. Anyway, 20 league games unbeaten. If Man Utd had done that, the media would be orgasming all over the place.
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby liam_cork » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:33 am

to be honest mate i barely knew nasri was on the pitch
arsene knows
liam_cork
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby SE13 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:46 pm

Via E-Mail, Arsene Wenger wrote:Dear Supporter,

It was an entertaining game on Sunday and after we went 2-0 up you could see that maybe the Champions League tie with Manchester United started to surface a little bit.

Overall it was a very good game against a Middlesbrough team who played in a very positive way. We dominated it and we passed the ball brilliantly at times with some excellent combinations. Cesc Fabregas' first goal was absolutely outstanding and you could see that the team enjoy the way we play and loved the game. Middlesbrough had one opportunity to come back through Jeremie Aliadiere which was maybe the turning point for them.

Cesc gets sharper and sharper in every game. He was out for three months and you don't come back at your best straight away. But now he gets better in every game. Every player who plays in midfield, who thinks they are creative and offensive, needs to score goals. That happened to him on Sunday and that's important.

He played in a more advanced role - usually Fabregas plays deeper with Nasri higher. I wanted to test how it would work the other way round. It could be that we will do it again because it was quite convincing. But that is open; we have 48 hours to study that then make a decision before Wednesday's game.

I decided to play a full-strength team because it's better to win than to lose and rest players. I believe the first part of Sunday was to win the game - that's the best preparation. We have a young team and they recover well. It is very important to put a nearly decisive distance between us and Aston Villa. I believe it was very important not to miss that opportunity. It's not completely definite but a 10-point gap with four games to go means we can focus now on maybe catching Chelsea because we play Chelsea at home.

We go to Old Trafford in the Champions League next and if you go there without belief you make it very difficult from the start. We'll go there with belief, with desire and with enjoyment as well. We enjoy being where we are.

Sir Alex Ferguson was at our game on Sunday. I think he knows us and he'll think it will be an exciting game between two teams who try to play. We know each other well but still the talent on the pitch always surprises you. But I believe that both teams will go for it and it will be an exciting game.

We will be faithful to the game we play and we go like we go everywhere in Europe, to try and score a goal or two to win the game. What is important on Wednesday night is to be at our best. When we are at our best we can beat anybody so let's focus on being at our best and not to speculate on any weakness of Man United because they have the experience. If we play at our best we have a good chance and we can do it.

Thanks for your support.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:08 pm

We go to Old Trafford in the Champions League next and if you go there without belief you make it very difficult from the start.

I don't like this comment, it sort of implies that there is reason to go into the game on Wednesday without belief. Sort of like an implied admission.
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09