Chelsea Vs Arsenal | FA Cup Semi Final 18/04/09

Re: Chelsea Vs Arsenal | FA Cup Semi Final 18/04/09

Postby meridamullet » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:22 am

the substitutions needed to come earlier, Arshavin was left too late, no time to make an impact. Less said about team selection the better
meridamullet
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Younggooner08 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:31 am

As i will probably way many times i did not see the match but . . .

Wenger has a good point about extra time and the fact it was 1-1 meant it was going to extra time. Maybe Wenger could have changed 1 player earlier but fatigue could have been a massive factor if it did go to extra time and bringing the player on at the begining of extra time rather than 60/65 minutes could make all the difference.
Imagee
Younggooner08
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby meridamullet » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:35 am

that's the attitude that cost us though, should of been taking them on trying to score the winner, f@*k we had enough talent on the bench to do it, and it's not like they have been solid at the back as of late
meridamullet
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Younggooner08 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:18 am

that is very true but nobody knew that they would score with 7 minutes to go
Imagee
Younggooner08
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby meridamullet » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:21 am

i thought they always looked like getting a winner, and that we needed to make changes to ensure we scored. we were shaky at the back all game, we always were going to need another goal
meridamullet
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Younggooner08 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:28 am

I cant really debate that without seeing the match
Imagee
Younggooner08
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Irish_Gooner » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:23 am

Too right they need to respond with Manure not too far away
Irish_Gooner - Once a gooner, always a gooner. Follow me on twitter @Oisgreg
Irish_Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Fordy » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:41 am

usmanc wrote:
Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:I had to take off to play a gig right after the game, so I have had time to reflect (and get hideously drunk)

It's admirable that people are defending Fabianski, but being realistic, he's shown himself up to be a million miles away from ready on a few occasions now. His poor decision making cost us today. I'm not going to nail him to a tree, but he was at fault.

The reason I'm not going to go off at him is that I need all my spare anger to direct at Monsieur Wenger.

Sorry, but you f***ing moron Arsene, that was the worst and most clueless team selection I have ever witnessed. We had fit and fresh match winners SITTING ON THE BENCH :BangHead: Instead he decides to start with the cringeworthy Denilson, and Diaby, who seems to have 3 stinkers for every stonker he plays.

Wenger should explain his decision, because it just beggars belief. Look at this thread before the match started for examples of Arsenal fans' disbelief at such ludicrous decision making.

The only other thing I have to say on this match was that the passing was some of the worst I have seen in football at any level, let alone Premiership standard.

And people wondered why I posted a "Worried yet?" thread. This team has a loooooooooooooooooong way to go, and lunatic team selections like we saw today do not help

For you and fans like you: You can always go buy the blue shirt and you will have little less to bitch about mate!!

GOONER TILL I DIE! :icon_barscarf:

its called having a opinion you might get one one day
Fordy

Postby thebish » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:22 am

usmanc wrote:For you and fans like you: You can always go buy the blue shirt and you will have little less to bitch about mate!!

that has to be the singularly most stupid plonker thing I have read on this board - (and there are many candidates!)

if a real fan is one who never criticises team or manager when quite clearly they have cocked up somewhere - then I'm not a fan - and happy not to be one!
thebish

Postby TheLittleMozart » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:04 am

Agree with what a lot of people are saying on here,especially GES.
I mean why the f**k did weplay Diaby and Denilson in the middle,its widley knows that these two CANNOT play together.

Song and Cesc have been exceptional in the past few games,why not continue with this?
Song is twice the defender Denilson/Diaby is. Fair enough Denilson trys to put himself about but he just wasnt strong enough to cope with Chealseas power,and Diaby well,the game just seemed to pass him by.

It would be too easy to blame Fabisanki tbh
Sure he had a utterly shocking game,but we knew he wasn't a great 'keeper in the first place. Add to that Silvestre didn't help much,he seemed to just give up chasing drogba back as sson as he saw Fabisanksi rushing out.

In saying that though,he did largley cost us the game... BUT we provided nothing going forward after the first 30 minutes,so everyone it to blame here.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:47 am

Granted this was most likely Fabianski's worse game in an Arsenal shirt, but people need to remember this is the same keeper who kept a clean sheet against Villarreal.
Im sure he is feeling at fault.

We need to forget about this match & move on. Liverpool Tuesday, and hopefully faith will be restored. ;)
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby rogerthornhill » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:18 pm

I really hope that Almunia will be back for the CL games and Sagna and Clichy. If we don't have them then we can forget about beating the Mancs.
rogerthornhill
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby BennisBergkamp » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:33 pm

rogerthornhill wrote:I really hope that Almunia will be back for the CL games and Sagna and Clichy. If we don't have them then we can forget about beating the Mancs.

Almunia's initial prognosis was 3 weeks, and that was after the Villareal first leg on 7 April, meaning supposdly he'll have just recovered on 28 April, a day before the first leg. Worth rushing back I would say, but then we don't want to run the risk of him being out for the second leg.

Sagna will undoubtedly be back from his virus, and as for Clichy, I have to say I'm less worried after seeing Gibbs' brilliant performance yesterday.

The main worry is Silvestre. I'm hoping Djourou can recover at least in time for the second leg.
BennisBergkamp
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby rogerthornhill » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:41 pm

BennisBergkamp wrote: Sagna will undoubtedly be back from his virus, and as for Clichy, I have to say I'm less worried after seeing Gibbs' brilliant performance yesterday.

The main worry is Silvestre. I'm hoping Djourou can recover at least in time for the second leg.

Gibbs was very good yesterday and Djourou is definitely a much better replacement for Gallas. I'm hoping that Almunia can make both games, after yesterday's match Fabianski could be very low on confidence, not a good way to be against the Mancs. A suspect keeper is the kind of weakness that they would take full advantage of.
rogerthornhill
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Good_Eye_Sniper » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:09 pm

usmanc wrote:
Good_Eye_Sniper wrote:I had to take off to play a gig right after the game, so I have had time to reflect (and get hideously drunk)

It's admirable that people are defending Fabianski, but being realistic, he's shown himself up to be a million miles away from ready on a few occasions now. His poor decision making cost us today. I'm not going to nail him to a tree, but he was at fault.

The reason I'm not going to go off at him is that I need all my spare anger to direct at Monsieur Wenger.

Sorry, but you f***ing moron Arsene, that was the worst and most clueless team selection I have ever witnessed. We had fit and fresh match winners SITTING ON THE BENCH :BangHead: Instead he decides to start with the cringeworthy Denilson, and Diaby, who seems to have 3 stinkers for every stonker he plays.

Wenger should explain his decision, because it just beggars belief. Look at this thread before the match started for examples of Arsenal fans' disbelief at such ludicrous decision making.

The only other thing I have to say on this match was that the passing was some of the worst I have seen in football at any level, let alone Premiership standard.

And people wondered why I posted a "Worried yet?" thread. This team has a loooooooooooooooooong way to go, and lunatic team selections like we saw today do not help

For you and fans like you: You can always go buy the blue shirt and you will have little less to bitch about mate!!

Ah cram it pal.

Fans like you piss me off. It's ok to just blindly shout "YAY ARSENAL!" even when there is a problem is it?

Voicing an opinion is just that, unless you're a complete r***rd, it doesn't make you any less of a fan.

Idiot

EDIT : Thanks Fordy and bish, nice to see there are some reasoned posters left :thumbsup:
Good_Eye_Sniper
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09