Wigan Vs Arsenal | Premiership 11/04/2009

Re: Wigan Vs Arsenal | Premiership 11/04/2009

Postby Cheese » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:11 pm

If you watch it Mido takes a tug at Gibbs, as Gibbs loses his balance he holds back Mido.
Obviously if Mido hadn't of tugged on Gibbs first, it would have been a red without a doubt.
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby BennisBergkamp » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:14 pm

Cheese wrote:If you watch it Mido takes a tug at Gibbs, as Gibbs loses his balance he holds back Mido.
Obviously if Mido hadn't of tugged on Gibbs first, it would have been a red without a doubt.

Well yes, it's probably 6 of one, half a dozen of the other, but my thoughts were it could have gone either way, and probably if it had happened at the other end, I'd have been screaming for a red.
BennisBergkamp
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Cheese » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:24 pm

BennisBergkamp wrote:
Cheese wrote:If you watch it Mido takes a tug at Gibbs, as Gibbs loses his balance he holds back Mido.

Well yes, it's probably 6 of one, half a dozen of the other, but my thoughts were it could have gone either way, and probably if it had happened at the other end, I'd have been screaming for a red.

Yeah me too.

That's why i said the ref got it all wrong. Either Mido committed the foul first or Gibbs was a red. What i ment is yellow was fair because Mido tugged on Gibbs first.
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby UFGN » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:26 pm

My honest reaction when I watched it live was that Mido had either stumbled or dived.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Briggsy » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:57 pm

can I just point out it wasnt Mido the Y**o it was Valencia he was intangled with
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Cheese » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:04 pm

TheOne2Smooth wrote:can I just point out it wasnt Mido the Y**o it was Valencia he was intangled with

Whats the difference?.... they're both c**** ;)
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:23 am

Just got back from a weekend away late last night.
Couldn't find a f***ing pub that showed the match in Bath. Showed every other f***ing game of course.
Luckily Arsenal TV showed it again last night.
What a bizarre game? We were poor for the first hour and then suddenly woke up and scored 4!? :scratch:
And SONG scored?!?! WTF?? That boy is on fire at the moment, still can't believe he did that. :shock:

Sagna was dreadful for the whole game, Theo wasn't much better but at least he was alert enough to score. Fabianski still worries me at times when he comes rushing out even though he isn't sure if he'll get the ball or not.
Does anyone think he could've saved that goal? Debatable.
Good result in the end but now we've lost Djourou as well as Gallas.
Does anyone know how long he'll be out for?
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Fabrestuta » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:46 pm

According to SSN Djourou is due to have a scan today. The fear is he has done cartilage damage.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby SE13 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:21 am

Via E-Mail, Arsene Wenger wrote:Dear Supporter,

I was worried when Wigan took the lead on Saturday. I felt that they had a very strong and especially committed first half where they were well organised and the 50:50s were all for them.

They played very strongly but I think that slowly our technique took over and eventually we looked dangerous every time we had the ball. The fatigue crept in a little bit for Wigan and it became logical for us to come back and make the difference.

Kieran Gibbs could have been sent off at the end of the first half. I was like everybody else from Arsenal; scared it could be a red card. I hoped it would be a yellow. At that moment I thought that Mikael Silvestre was behind Gibbs and I hoped it would be a yellow. I still think our goalkeeper would have got the ball - it was not a goal chance, he had pushed the ball too far.

I don't know whether we could have come back with 10 men but we would have tried - that's the only guarantee I can give you. We have shown great character and mental strength again for such a young team. We have shown some quality and mental quality that are very interesting for the future.

Theo Walcott scored the equaliser but the whole team, Theo as well, were not on the ball enough earlier in the game. We had problems getting rid of the man-to-man marking from the Wigan players. But once we took over they couldn't maintain the pace and we became dangerous.

Finally, Johan Djourou has a knee problem and that's the bad news of the weekend. It looks as though he'll be out for Wednesday against Villarreal. We lost two central defenders in two games, we have a few more games to go and we haven't got enough of them to lose one every game.

Thanks for your support.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09