Villarreal Vs Arsenal | C.L QF (1st Leg) 07/04/09

Re: Villarreal Vs Arsenal | C.L QF (1st Leg) 07/04/09

Postby StLGooner » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:34 pm

mikey_gooner wrote:id prefer to play the mancs then the portugeezers !! think we can score at the theatre of muppets , they suddenly look very shaky at the back and have leaked in goals in their last three home games .

I was just thinking that. :think:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby mikey_gooner » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:38 pm

take the f***ers out now , how sweet would it be beating them after all the hype we have had endured this season about them winning the quintuple ? silvestre to get the away goal anyone ?
mikey_gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:41 pm

id rather we got suspensions and injury, just for the away leg and nortveidt(spelling) came on and scored a wonder goal last min to win, then these bastards can go f**k themselves and that prick marcheda(spelling)
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby TenaciousG » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:54 pm

First half tactics were all wrong, Denilson and Song didn't know what they were meant to be doing and it caused a lot of trouble for the defence.

Second half was much better, I thought Denilson was awsome in the second half, Song put in a good shift also.

Considering Ade, Cesc and Theo were all about 75% fit, we done well, and it just shows the difference in pace between the two leagues as Villareal were flat on there feet after 60 minutes, whereas we just kept going.

Djourou & Fabianski did quite well when they came on, that crunching tackle by Djourou was awsome. I'm quite comftable with both of these filling in for Almunia & Willy. Although I obviously hope the pair are back as soon as possible.

Nasri with yet another average game away from home. He seems to have a much more defensive mentality when we play away, which I suppose isnt the worst thing in the world, but it just means he's never up with the play when we make a quick counter attack.

Clichy had a good game I though, does anyone else get that buzz whenever he makes one of those lightning interceptions, I've never seen another left back do it so well, although he did cock up one last night which luckily didnt lead to anything.

And well, Adebayor....Need i say more
TenaciousG
Michael Thomas

Postby Inchpräctice » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:59 pm

TenaciousG wrote:Clichy had a good game I thought, does anyone else get that buzz whenever he makes one of those lightning interceptions, I've never seen another left back do it so well.

Love it when he does that. :cloud9:

Sometimes does it about 5 times in the same game. Just makes me want to shout even louder.

:arsenal3:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2008-09