Spot The Error (2) Day 3

New and now open! :gift:
Get into the festive season in here!

Spot The Error (2) Day 3

Postby SE13 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:42 pm

May 26th 1989

The first half was goalless, but still the air of optimism remained. There was a kind of certainty that we could score twice in the second half, and early into the second half, a free kick was glanced on by Captain Fantastic Tony Adams, the man who inspired everything from the back, and rightfully deserved that goal. Cue the celebrations. We went absolutely potty, crazy and any other phrase that could fit. It was 1-0 to The Arsenal, and there was plenty of time to grab the second goal. We were louder than ever, and the party was in full swing. Suddenly there was a silence as Kevin Richardson was down, the 90 minutes were all but up, and it was only 1-0. We needed a second, but there was nothing happening. The Kop turned their own volume up as our players looked more and more tired, in fact cramp was creeping in among some. Everyone was nervously looking at watches, the person next to you's watch, the person in fronts watch and almost holding their breath. John Barnes went on one of those runs, and although I didn't see what actually happened, there was a sudden surge down the terraces, and John Lukic had the ball in his hands. I remember looking at the referee, who was staring at his watch. What happened next can only be described as the longest build up in history, yet the clock ticked at what seemed like a minute for every actual second. I was aware of a break from Arsenal, the ball bobbling about, then everything went into slow motion. Liverpools defence seemed to have everything covered, then there it was, that net was bulging, and the ball was nestled at the foot of it.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Re: Spot The Error (2) Day 3

Postby Trina » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:56 pm

New daily game up.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby rogerthornhill » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:21 pm

The first goal was scored by Alan Smith not Tony Adams.
rogerthornhill
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Trina » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:23 pm

Blimey that was quick, lol. Well done Roger again :D Not really much competition for you is there? lol
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby SE13 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:27 pm

rogerthornhill wrote:The first goal was scored by Alan Smith not Tony Adams.

Hmmm.... I though it was going to be hard to disguise a blinder like that, so back to the drawing board for me!

Meantime, you forgot to name the minute he scored, his shirt number and shirt size on the night, and the name of the person he handed a bouquet of flowers to.....

Ok, Ok, I give up! You win! :P

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby rogerthornhill » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:30 pm

Thanks guys. :arsesmile:
rogerthornhill
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Return to Christmas Corner