RICKY HATTON V MANNY PACQUIAO

Come and have a go at Left Right Left boxing prediction league

Re: RICKY HATTON V MANNY PACQUIAO

Postby Libertine » Sun May 03, 2009 10:02 am

left right left wrote:but saying that, dont no if i could see him packn up o a loser

That's what i was thinking mate.

Providing Junior Witter beats Devon Alexander, i think Hatton v Witter makes perfect sense.

Although Hatton may prefer an easier fight to go out on.....
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby left right left » Sun May 03, 2009 12:35 pm

witter can really bang, but really slow down late on..... i could see hatton getting banged out again
you mess and you get the knocked the f**k out baby!!!!!!
left right left
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby SE13 » Sun May 03, 2009 1:08 pm

left right left wrote:witter can really bang, but really slow down late on..... i could see hatton getting banged out again

What if Hatton explodes out of the blocks as he used to? Has Witter got enough defence to cover? Say the first couple of rounds with almost a pounding, has he got the reserve to pick it up, produce a big hit and get out of trouble?

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby gzagee » Sun May 03, 2009 2:13 pm

Sincerely hope Hatton doesn't lower himself to fight Witter.
Witter isn't world class, no matter what the rankings says.
Hatton doesn't have anything left to prove; a fight against Witter would prove nothing to him.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby liam_cork » Sun May 03, 2009 2:30 pm

watched the fight last night but i was pissed out of my tree by the time it started but i was suprised he lost so early
arsene knows
liam_cork
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Libertine » Sun May 03, 2009 6:16 pm

gzagee wrote:Sincerely hope Hatton doesn't lower himself to fight Witter.
Witter isn't world class, no matter what the rankings says.
Hatton doesn't have anything left to prove; a fight against Witter would prove nothing to him.

I don't reckon you're being fair there mate.

Witter is a top quality operator.
A worthy holder of the WBC title, he should've got a rematch against Bradley (who's gone on to win another title since), i think it's a great domestic bout.
I don't think there's any "lowering himself" involved at all.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gzagee » Sun May 03, 2009 6:33 pm

I don't see Witter as top quality. European level, yes. Top ten, could be.
But, put him in against the likes of Williams, Berto, Cotto, and I'd challenge you to predict he'd come out standing after 12 rounds.
And those guys i've mentioned are ALL under 28. Not to even mention the likes of Mayweather, Pacman, Mosley, Margarito and Marquez.... And Witter would have to fight at Welter to get these match-ups.
Bradley's fight against Holt (I think?) was simply terrible. I switched off after 7-8 rnds of painful mediocrity. And he wouldn't live in that company.
Hatton has been and is Britain's outstanding boxer over the last 5 years. He's ducked no-one and fought the best, in their prime (unlike a Welsh fella I don't care to mention).
What can hatton get out of fighting Witter?
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sun May 03, 2009 7:43 pm

After watching that fight and the one against Mayweather i think that Hatton thinks he is Rocky, that he can just take the punches and still win.

Don't get me wrong i like Hatton but the way he fought yesterday it was like he didn't think he was in any danger.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TheLittleMozart » Sun May 03, 2009 8:39 pm

Can't belive I stayed up till half 4 to watch hattin last one and a half bloody rounds.

He's a spent force,he needs to look to fight less-able fighters becuase he's clearly not able to bang with the big boys. He never has.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby dills » Sun May 03, 2009 10:48 pm

TheLittleMozart wrote:Can't belive I stayed up till half 4 to watch hattin last one and a half bloody rounds.

I felt the same way. :( I stayed up to watch the fight, went and woke my Dad up at 4 a.m. so that he could watch the fight with me and it was over within 6 minutes. I was not impressed to say the least.
dills
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby UFGN » Sun May 03, 2009 11:46 pm

Not a big boxing fan, but... yeah he's clearly out of his league at the very top of the sport...but respect to him for putting himself out there and trying. Many fighters avoid fights they know they might kiss canvas in, Ricky's just gone for it. Theres more honor in that then fighting muppets just to keep the belts for as long as possible.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Libertine » Mon May 04, 2009 4:22 am

gzagee wrote:What can hatton get out of fighting Witter?

A chance to regain a version of the world title.

As i said in my original post, if (and i think he will) Witter beats Alexander, and becomes a world champion for the second time, then surely Witter v Hatton at Man City for the WBC Title makes perfect business sense for both fighters.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gzagee » Mon May 04, 2009 9:33 am

Libertine wrote:
gzagee wrote:What can hatton get out of fighting Witter?

A chance to regain a version of the world title.

As i said in my original post, if (and i think he will) Witter beats Alexander, and becomes a world champion for the second time, then surely Witter v Hatton at Man City for the WBC Title makes perfect business sense for both fighters.

And if Hatton wins where will he go? Nowhere really. Would you really wanna see him fight the likes of Berto and that Ukrainian fella? They're young hungry fighters who'd probably wipe the floor with him, now. Why? Cos his mind & body can't take what's required to stay at the top of the game.
If Witter wins it'll elevate his 36yr old ass into US spotlight AGAIN, after he failed to convince on two previous showings. He's really not worth watching.

Now, it may happen, there's alot of rumour in the press, but I wouldn't want to see it. Hopefully Hatton's got enough cash not to take this fight.
Cos as I said, fighting Witter holds no advantages for Hatton.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby TheLittleMozart » Mon May 04, 2009 10:42 am

Up For Grabs Now wrote:Not a big boxing fan, but... yeah he's clearly out of his league at the very top of the sport...but respect to him for putting himself out there and trying. Many fighters avoid fights they know they might kiss canvas in, Ricky's just gone for it. Theres more honor in that then fighting muppets just to keep the belts for as long as possible.

Truth.
Joe Calzage being the perfect example of this.

Rickys past it now. His style of fighting is going to do him more harm than good becuase he just wades in throwing bombs and he's gonna get clocked a lot more now,and his bodys getting older.
Even Ferrdy Roach said to him to stop boxing becuase he could get parkinsons diseas if he keeps going.

What alsopissed me off about the fight was how hatton was talking himself up before hand. 'Im so much faster and my movment is so much better,I feel like a new me',then the bell goes and he comes out looking for a one punch ko.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Libertine » Mon May 04, 2009 10:44 am

gzagee wrote:And if Hatton wins where will he go?

It would allow him to retire on a win as world champion.
Rather than the last sight of him in a ring being flat on his back, seeing stars.

I'm not suggesting his career isn't very close to an end but i don't think he'll want to say "good-bye" with this weekend's performance.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to Boxing Prediction League