Tammy Abraham

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Tammy Abraham

Postby KG3 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:31 am

aniym wrote:Tammy wants to join us, but we don't want to pay £34m.

That would be a crazy price for a striker who's only had one season as a starter. Just because we crossed that bridge with Ben White doesn't mean we should do it again.

Laca had more goals last season than when Tammy was a starter under Lampard. Paying Laca's final £9m in wages is better than £34m + £5m/yr wages for Tammy for the next 5 years.

Not the first time ever done that mate, Pepe was the same and we got robbed for 72M
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby KG3 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:33 am

DiamondGooner wrote:I don't really see why this is becoming a thing.

We shouldn't be having to go hell for leather for Tammy Abraham, if it was an easy deal sure, but if we have to off load Laca first .......... Mourhino wants an answer on Tammy now but Tammy is trying to hold it off until we make a decision.

Its a good idea to offer Roma Laca but I don't think Mourhino would accept that, he'll feel he's been duped.

I think its harsh but no one wants Lacazette.

Abraham is a Lacaztte downgrade you’d see the difference if Lacazette plays for Chelsea, look at Giroud for example Chelsea fans all rated him above Abraham
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Jase89 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:08 am

KG3 wrote:

That would be a crazy price for a striker who's only had one season as a starter. Just because we crossed that bridge with Ben White doesn't mean we should do it again.

Laca had more goals last season than when Tammy was a starter under Lampard. Paying Laca's final £9m in wages is better than £34m + £5m/yr wages for Tammy for the next 5 years.

Not the first time ever done that mate, Pepe was the same and we got robbed for 72M

Still cringe at the £72m for Pepe. Never mind robbed, we were blindfolded and sodomised
Jase89
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Ach » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:11 am

Pepe is coming good.

Tammy Abraham is shit
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:28 am

Ach wrote:Pepe is coming good.

Tammy Abraham is shit

Abraham is not sh*t.
Over the last 2 years he's scored a goal every 155 minutes of play.

Whether he is an answer for us is another question, but he's a decent striker.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:51 pm

Jase89 wrote:
KG3 wrote:

Still cringe at the £72m for Pepe. Never mind robbed, we were blindfolded and sodomised

Just remember Barcelona paid £120 million for Dembele
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:05 pm

You know how the closer you get to deadline day the lower your standards get? Well I'm not far from thinking we need him.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Jedi » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:10 pm

KG3 wrote:

We shouldn't be having to go hell for leather for Tammy Abraham, if it was an easy deal sure, but if we have to off load Laca first .......... Mourhino wants an answer on Tammy now but Tammy is trying to hold it off until we make a decision.

Its a good idea to offer Roma Laca but I don't think Mourhino would accept that, he'll feel he's been duped.

Abraham is a Lacaztte downgrade you’d see the difference if Lacazette plays for Chelsea, look at Giroud for example Chelsea fans all rated him above Abraham

Giroud at Arsenal got shit because he was compared to RVP and Henry. He was comfortably a better player for us than Laca ever was.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Nuggets » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:20 pm

Jedi wrote:
KG3 wrote:

Giroud at Arsenal got shit because he was compared to RVP and Henry. He was comfortably a better player for us than Laca ever was.

This.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:23 pm

Jedi wrote:
KG3 wrote:

Giroud was a good striker.
His PL record for goals + assists per 90 is better than Auba's. You'd never know it though when you see how fans rate both.

Abrahams is a young striker who has already shown he can score goals in the PL.
Definitely a 20 goal striker if he gets a full season, stays injury free and finds his confidence.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:30 pm

Jedi wrote:
KG3 wrote:

Giroud also had the best Emirates-era lineup bukkake-ing him with chances, and an open slot at CF for 5 consecutive years.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Ach » Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:26 pm

Jedi wrote:
KG3 wrote:

Giroud got shit cos he was shit

Worst starting striker I've seen at Arsenal. Fair enough he was never going to be as good as the big 3. But Auba has come in and destroyed him. Ffs even rvp was better and he was dead for the majority of his time here
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:47 pm

Ach wrote:
Jedi wrote:
KG3 wrote:

Giroud got shit cos he was shit

Worst starting striker I've seen at Arsenal. Fair enough he was never going to be as good as the big 3. But Auba has come in and destroyed him. Ffs even rvp was better and he was dead for the majority of his time here

Girouds goal scoring record for Arsenal in the PL is close to Aubas and his assist record is better.
RVP's goal scoring recording for Arsenal in the PL is better than Aubas and his assist record is better.

RVP - mins per goal for Arsenal = 138, mins per goal + assist = 94
Giroud - mins per goal for Arsenal = 154, mins per goal + assist = 113
Auba - mins per goal for Arsenal = 145, mins per goal + assist = 117

Auba has the worst record of the 3.

Quite how Auba 'has come in and destroyed' Giroud's record is anyone's guess.
Odd thing to say given Girouds record is better.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:29 pm

Cos I understand football
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:32 pm

Ach wrote:Cos I understand football