Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Postby thebigbangtheo » Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:11 pm

Weighing things up, with the way that we actually play to optimise our attacking efficiency in delivering a consistent volume of crosses into the penalty area, as well as through balls and quick passages of one touch intricate play in and around the D, not only does Dominic Calvert-lewin have attributes very well suited to benefit us as a 20+ goal striker, but how we play and the productivity of the supply line on offer could equally elevate his game to that of a 30+ goals a season striker and assist the goal contribution from the likes of Martinelli, Saka, Odegaard and Smith-Rowe.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:11 pm

Missed 17 PL fixtures already this season due to injury.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:22 pm

Reiss wrote:
thebigbangtheo wrote:Weighing things up, with the way that we actually play to optimise our attacking efficiency in delivering a consistent volume of crosses into the penalty area, as well as through balls and quick passages of one touch intricate play in and around the D, not only does Dominic Calvert-lewin have attributes very well suited to benefit us as a 20+ goal striker, but how we play and the productivity of the supply line on offer could equally elevate his game to that of a 30+ goals a season striker and assist the goal contribution from the likes of Martinelli, Saka, Odegaard and Smith-Rowe.

He would have scored at least 2 last night.

I can remember two Lacazette sitters off the top of my head.

iots amazing to me... but all the highlights i looked up conveniently DO NOT SHOW these.
am not arguing they do not exist. but i'd like to SEE them.
any links?
thanks in advance!
:arsenal3:
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby thebigbangtheo » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:35 pm

Reiss wrote:
Losmeister wrote:
Reiss wrote:
thebigbangtheo wrote:Weighing things up, with the way that we actually play to optimise our attacking efficiency in delivering a consistent volume of crosses into the penalty area, as well as through balls and quick passages of one touch intricate play in and around the D, not only does Dominic Calvert-lewin have attributes very well suited to benefit us as a 20+ goal striker, but how we play and the productivity of the supply line on offer could equally elevate his game to that of a 30+ goals a season striker and assist the goal contribution from the likes of Martinelli, Saka, Odegaard and Smith-Rowe.

He would have scored at least 2 last night.

I can remember two Lacazette sitters off the top of my head.

iots amazing to me... but all the highlights i looked up conveniently DO NOT SHOW these.
am not arguing they do not exist. but i'd like to SEE them.
any links?
thanks in advance!
:arsenal3:

Saka pull back to Lacazette and Lacazette when he was through on goal.

Both bread and butter for a striker.

Point taken Losmeister, and while I'm in agreement with Reiss in voicing a reasonable assumption that DCL given those opportunities would have taken them, I personally wasn't basing it solely on last night but on our playing the 4-2-3-1 transitioning to 4-3-3 overall post Aubameyang, and what I've seen DCL do in scoring, build up, odd assist and defensively in a team that has not for a long time been free flowing with plenty of goal opportunities on tap.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Losmeister » Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:07 am

so, i was browsing today and looked and DCL hilite reel.. i'd defo go in for him over Isak and over Laca being the #9 again... got a NICE leap on him..
gets toes to balls in the box.. he's also the fastest player on Everton...EPL experience, primed to take the next step... or so it seems

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=306cxbr ... otballClub

so yeah.. i'd be in :arse flag.gif:
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:57 am

White and Tomiyasu seemed underwhelming but turned out to be exactly what we needed. I can see DCL turning out to be the same in the striker position.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:27 pm

Everton are preparing to cash in on star striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin, reports the Sun.

Arsenal and West Ham United have both been linked with the England international, who has endured a difficult season at Goodison Park.

Stay fit and he's quality
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Losmeister » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:56 pm

Ach wrote:
Everton are preparing to cash in on star striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin, reports the Sun.

Arsenal and West Ham United have both been linked with the England international, who has endured a difficult season at Goodison Park.

Stay fit and he's quality

there seems more of a bidding battle aligning for Nunez... maybe DCL coming off injury could be had for significantly less?

I like the player quite a bit think he'd do nicely
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Ach » Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:28 am

Everton will sell DCL or richarlison after revealing financial troubles
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:07 am

Ach wrote:Everton will sell DCL or richarlison after revealing financial troubles

Hopefully we won't be buying.
DCL doesn't score as many as Laca.
Richarlison is hit and miss, doesn't score many goals and is part of a shit team.

Not sure why you are so obsessed with players who are underperforming at their clubs.
Everton are a disaster, but you seem to think we should be buying 1/4 of their team. Weird.

So far it's Doucoure, Richarlison and DCL.. any other players from this relegation threatened team you think can help us move forward and challenge Liverpool and City?
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Phil71 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:42 am

Anyone but our players for some people.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Ach » Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:05 pm

Reiss wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Ach wrote:Everton will sell DCL or richarlison after revealing financial troubles

Hopefully we won't be buying.
DCL doesn't score as many as Laca.
Richarlison is hit and miss, doesn't score many goals and is part of a shit team.

Not sure why you are so obsessed with players who are underperforming at their clubs.
Everton are a disaster, but you seem to think we should be buying 1/4 of their team. Weird.

So far it's Doucoure, Richarlison and DCL.. any other players from this relegation threatened team you think can help us move forward and challenge Liverpool and City?

Arsenal fans turned their nose up at Ramsdale and White. Look how that turned out.

Let's trust the club. If they think DCL is the right man, he probably is.

Exactly

Buying a keeper who was poor at his previous clubs and a CB widely regarded as Brighton's third best

That didn't stop us getting them
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Losmeister » Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:24 pm

i dont know about " just trust the club"

but... trust what your own eyes tell you... form your opinion that way... to hell with what pundits and other fans say...
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:08 pm

With his injuries, he'll end up like Sturridge or Carroll.

It's a shame because he has the best qualities of both: good finisher and good in the air.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:00 am

Highbury Hillbilly wrote:With his injuries, he'll end up like Sturridge or Carroll.

It's a shame because he has the best qualities of both: good finisher and good in the air.

is this a history of being REPEATEDLY injured? thats not what i thought
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill