Daniel Ek (takeover bid)

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Daniel Ek (takeover bid)

Postby Phil71 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:56 pm

I'm thinking of buying a new house.

Should I approach the seller directly, or through their agent, or should I put a post on Twitter and hope they read it and are willing to negotiate?

Hmmm... they may not take me seriously if I did that.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:16 pm

Phil71 wrote:I'm thinking of buying a new house.

Should I approach the seller directly, or through their agent, or should I put a post on Twitter and hope they read it and are willing to negotiate?

The way he has gone about it makes him a bigger d***head than Kroenke.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:53 pm

H's doing it to mobilise the fanbase when he saw that we really hated Enos. (I think the hanging effigy and burning yankee flags made it clear). Doing it so we keep the pressure on them
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby VCC » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:57 pm

It's another fan devision
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Phil71 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:01 pm

Kroenke has the hide of a rhino.

He doesn't give a toss about demonstrations, petitions or anything else.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Angelito » Mon May 03, 2021 8:29 pm

So, Henry has confirmed that Ek has reached out to him. Ek will offer the Kroenkes £1.8b as an opening offer apparently.

Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon May 03, 2021 11:17 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Phil71 wrote:I'm thinking of buying a new house.

The way he has gone about it makes him a bigger d***head than Kroenke.

The guy's a Spotify owner.

He's going about this the same way Logan Paul goes about making boxing matches.

Shouting his mouth off from the roof tops online and the media to try and create a wave of fan interest / pressure and allowing his brand power to open doors.

That's the way this generation does things now, we just have to see where it goes.

His position may get stronger when we crash out the Europa and they'll be no European money, maybe Kroenke may just think there's not enough profit and things will just get worse I don't know.

Me, I think I'd be surprised if he gives up an entire owned brand like AFC, however, he did buy us based on the Wenger top 4 model ............ now that's down the drain, he may cut his loses, I mean its obvious he has fk all interest in football.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Mon May 03, 2021 11:26 pm

Going with an internet billionaire is a risky business - Spotify may be worth a notional $50 billion today - but Yahoo and AOL were worth twice that once and just yesterday got sold for a combined $5 billion. On the internet you go down as fat as you go up ... when that happens where might that leave us?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Santi » Tue May 04, 2021 6:08 am

Makes no difference what his company is worth unless he leverages it to buy us. Either way would like just result in him being forced to sell if he can’t afford to pay off any loan taken against Spotify.

Not really worth worrying about imo.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Paddy » Tue May 04, 2021 6:54 am

i was unsure whether ek was serious but if he puts in an offer then fair play

in terms of him piping up on social media, maybe he just wants to capitalise on the stampede era to build momentum. he'll know social media more than anyone due to his line of business and he'll probably want as much of the fan base talking about it and creating headlines and backing his bid.

its a no lose situation for him. if he puts in an offer and it gets rejected he's put his name on the map. if it gets accepted he'll take over a big club with a lot of potential for growth.
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Phil71 » Tue May 04, 2021 7:29 am

I'd like to know what Henry, Bergkamp and Vieira's roles are in all of this? Are they just championing the cause or will they have some sort of role to play in a new Ek-owned Arsenal?

To be honest I'm not thrilled about the prospect of having any of them as manager. I hope if Ek does take over we start doing things properly again. That wouldn't include putting any of them into positions of power at the club.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby jayramfootball » Tue May 04, 2021 11:10 am

Phil71 wrote:I'd like to know what Henry, Bergkamp and Vieira's roles are in all of this? Are they just championing the cause or will they have some sort of role to play in a new Ek-owned Arsenal?

To be honest I'm not thrilled about the prospect of having any of them as manager. I hope if Ek does take over we start doing things properly again. That wouldn't include putting any of them into positions of power at the club.

From a coaching perspective I would like to see Dennis back at the club - not as the manager, but as a coach.
More than Henry and Vieira, I'd like to see Tony Adams back at the club in some capacity, though certainly not as a manager.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Phil71 » Tue May 04, 2021 12:19 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Phil71 wrote:I'd like to know what Henry, Bergkamp and Vieira's roles are in all of this? Are they just championing the cause or will they have some sort of role to play in a new Ek-owned Arsenal?

From a coaching perspective I would like to see Dennis back at the club - not as the manager, but as a coach.
More than Henry and Vieira, I'd like to see Tony Adams back at the club in some capacity, though certainly not as a manager.

Love them all but none have shown any evidence of being good coaches or managers.

I think they would all make great ambassadors for the club, especially Adams, but not convinced about coaching.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue May 04, 2021 4:39 pm

jayramfootball wrote:

Same here
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby yadunoe » Tue May 04, 2021 11:53 pm

I think they are there to just entice fans more seems like EK just happens to be the one billionaire who's a massive arsenal fan using fan pressure and media tension to buy arsenal. Kroneke needs to go even if he spends 400m this window fans don't care we want him out asap
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill