Daniel Ek (takeover bid)

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Daniel Ek (takeover bid)

Postby Phil71 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:49 pm

Highbury Hillbilly wrote:
Phil71 wrote:He was looking at Thierry Henry with the cow eyes of an adulating fan.

We need an owner with a spine. Not someone who'll hand over control to an ex player who doesn't have a clue. It would be disastrous, and make our current situation look fantastic.

He is trying to cultivate authenticity to differentiate himself from the usual nameless rich dudes buying clubs. Showing up with TH14 is a great photo op to be fair.

Not for me - for the reasons stated.

I don't want Thierry Henry running the club.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:48 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Phil71 wrote:He was looking at Thierry Henry with the cow eyes of an adulating fan.

We need an owner with a spine. Not someone who'll hand over control to an ex player who doesn't have a clue. It would be disastrous, and make our current situation look fantastic.

He is trying to cultivate authenticity to differentiate himself from the usual nameless rich dudes buying clubs. Showing up with TH14 is a great photo op to be fair.

Rather have Silent Stan than some guy looking for photo ops.

I don't like him either, just saying that he isn't an idiot. He knows he's a nobody (in the sports world) so he's building his image in front of the fans.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:51 pm

Phil71 wrote:

It'll happen at some point but it won't last forever. Keegan, Shearer, Dalglish, Lampard, all these guys were handed the reigns at some juncture in the clubs history.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Nuggets » Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:18 am

Phil71 wrote:

Nor me, I liked him as a player but not as a person, anyway it's all smoke and mirrors.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Angelito » Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:41 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:My concern is that he actually has less money than the Kroneke's.

Would he be a better owner personality wise, yes, does personality start falling away when your being pressured to pump millions you don't have into a Football club ........ yes.

Stan Kroenke networth - £10.7 Billion

Ek net worth - £3.8 Billion

Kroenkes have "only" injected £15m of their own money into Arsenal. What we've spent was always the money Arsenal generated, or the Barclays loan that we took last season to fund this summer's spending spree.

Also, Kroenke used to charge Arsenal £3m per year as "consultation" fees from 2011 onward.

Kroenke is richer than Abramovich. The latter takes Chelsea as his pet project. For the former, it's an investment.

Additionally, I tend to think that Ek has some serious investors who're backing him. It's not him alone.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:40 pm

Plus Enos uses our money on the Rams.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:35 pm

Angelito wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:My concern is that he actually has less money than the Kroneke's.

Would he be a better owner personality wise, yes, does personality start falling away when your being pressured to pump millions you don't have into a Football club ........ yes.

Kroenkes have "only" injected £15m of their own money into Arsenal. What we've spent was always the money Arsenal generated, or the Barclays loan that we took last season to fund this summer's spending spree.

Also, Kroenke used to charge Arsenal £3m per year as "consultation" fees from 2011 onward.

Kroenke is richer than Abramovich. The latter takes Chelsea as his pet project. For the former, it's an investment.

Additionally, I tend to think that Ek has some serious investors who're backing him. It's not him alone.

That may be true but I would point out, when you say the Kroenkes have only injected £15m of their own money into AFC, that's not techincally correct anymore.

Now he owns AFC outright everything we spend is his money, including the £150m we just spent.
Whether its from profits from the club or elsewhere it doesn't matter, the day he spent a billion or whatever it was to be the out right owner, every nut and bolt of this club became his money.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:43 pm

Angelito wrote:

Are you not concerned about this guy popping up all of a sudden with ex-players and wanting to buy the club?
Players are getting very rich now and we are starting to see them get interested in club ownership - is that for the club or is it for their own wealth and ego?
I actually prefer the club owners not to be overly emotional about things and handle things as an investment. It's safer.
I'd prefer never to see or hear a Kroenke.

I think my stomach would turn if we had the celebrity owner in the directors box getting loads of attention each game.
Outside of their bank accounts, they should be largely anonymous and ideally be having zero say at all in how the football side of things are run.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Previous

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill