Dušan Vlahović

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Dušan Vlahović

Postby Marsbar100 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:05 pm

Shame we missed out
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Santi » Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:04 am

Should we have gotten moise kean as well? He also scored vs empoli...
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:40 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
TedLasso wrote:Im more annoyed at Edu for wasting so much time chasing a player who had outwardly stated he wasn’t interested in us.

Make your pitch but if its a no, move onto the alternative players before its too late.

Yeah, but how much time did he waste?
Seriously, for all we know we made one enquiry and were told the player was not interested.
Transfer windows are a circus run by the media and agents.

Also more like there was nothing stopping us from approaching multiple ST's, it just a matter of making a few phone calls and feeling out who's available.

I suspect we did, but no point in bringing in a striker unless they are actually very good.
I must admit I was pretty underwhelmed at the prospect of Vlahovic or Isak.

Underwhelmed.

Who do you think we could even get to come here?

If you were unimpressed with them, we couldn't even get them, wait till you see the caliber of striker we end up with in the summer, I'll be shocked if its anyone decent.

Yes - underwhelmed, especially with Isak. He's simply not a goal scorer (at least yet)
Vlahovic has continued to kick on, so credit to him... he needs to do it for a longer period of time though.
As for who we will get, who knows. Don't forget there are strikers you and I have never heard of who could well be better for us than Vlahovic. That's why we have scouts all over the world.
It's always better to find the £60m striker BEFORE they are a £60m striker.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:54 pm

Arsenal could be set for a £101m double transfer swoop for Juventus' 22-year-old Serbia forward Dusan Vlahovic and 19-year-old Italian midfielder Fabio Miretti. (Sun)

Get him
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:34 am

Ach wrote:
Arsenal could be set for a £101m double transfer swoop for Juventus' 22-year-old Serbia forward Dusan Vlahovic and 19-year-old Italian midfielder Fabio Miretti. (Sun)

Get him

No to both.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Losmeister » Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:59 pm

sounds like bs to me , the double swoop
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby NovaGB » Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:39 pm

I seen on bbc that this rumour came directly from The Sun, as it posts it sources.

aka made up bullshit
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Ach » Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:43 pm

Arsenal could revive their interest in Juventus' Serbia striker Dusan Vlahovic, 22, following the knee injury sustained by Gabriel Jesus, 25, on World Cup duty for Brazil. (Calciomercatoweb - in Italian)

However, Juventus would be willing to offer Vlahovic to Atletico Madrid in a swap deal for Portugal midfielder Joao Felix, 23. (Calciomercatoweb - in Italian)
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby thebigbangtheo » Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:45 pm

In having acquired Jesus to sate our need for a top notch striker to lead our attack, and even ahead of that the consensus was we infact needed two of them, unless someone else has already been identified and our sights set on him, why shouldn't we look to revisit this possibility when this time we're holding a running flush instead of two pairs?

All the homework and research has already been done and remains valid given its still less than a year old. Better still, it could actually equate to a perfect storm for us given we may well be able to pay a chunk less of a transfer fee than a year ago along with a significantly reduced salary package too, with a more incentivised and motivated player to boot in now being measured against the likes of Haaland, Kane, Salah, Mitrovic, Nunez, Scamacca, Toney whilst playing in a vibrant and energetic league as opposed to an old boys league.

Yes I appreciate that if certain reports are to be believed we were indeed slighted some 12 months ago, but I most definitely do not believe in cutting off my nose simply to spite my face just like Wenger did in not taking Fabregas back regardless, but prefer to watch him play a hugely significant role in winning the league for Chelsea instead.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:41 pm

We need him. Look at what Mitrovic has managed for Fulham. We create way more chances, but we don't have a strong CF to finish them. Nketiah is rarely in the right spaces, and GJ is better at creating than scoring.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby dc16 » Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:10 pm

What has been the problem with him at Juve. Has he underperformed since he joined them?
dc16
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby NovaGB » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:04 pm

dc16 wrote:What has been the problem with him at Juve. Has he underperformed since he joined them?

They are in serious financial issues, due to dodgy dealing (again) and they are about to be banned from all European comps.

https://www.juvefc.com/juventus-could-b ... petitions/
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Ach » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:17 pm

He personally has done ok

1 in 2 games ratio

Juventus aren't the team of few years ago so to get those numbers for a shit side playing defensive football is impressive
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby swipe right » Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:46 am

His agent used us to hurry a deal with Juve. Then pretended like he never even considered us. Feck him and the horse he road in on.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:26 pm

Arsenal are back in for Juventus and Serbia striker Dusan Vlahovic, 22, who is valued at 110m euros (£97.7m) (La Repubblica - in Italian)
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill