Dušan Vlahović

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Dušan Vlahović

Postby NovaGB » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:28 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
Highbury Hillbilly wrote:
Hypergooner wrote:
NovaGB wrote:
Hypergooner wrote:Now, let's get a striker that can actually handle Premier League football and wants to play for a propper club.

Ivan Toney
Schlick
Dybala

Toney has only got 6 goals all season, do not want him leading our line
Dybala is a attacking midfielder who plays up top and is on crazy wages

Schlick though, he'd be a top signing.

That's 3 more than Lacazette for Toney and he is playing for Brentford, not Arsenal. I'm not saying he is the worldy that we need long term, but I am saying he would do a job now for a good price. We are going to have to buy another striker in the summer anyway. Get the worldy then and Toney can be plan B (unless he blows us all away)

Agreed, Toney would have chance creators all around him if he came here.

That was true under Wenger. Not today.

Yeah i agree, Saka, ESR and Gabi spend most of their time trying to score rather than create.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:58 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
Hypergooner wrote:
NovaGB wrote:
Hypergooner wrote:Now, let's get a striker that can actually handle Premier League football and wants to play for a propper club.

Ivan Toney
Schlick
Dybala

That's 3 more than Lacazette for Toney and he is playing for Brentford, not Arsenal. I'm not saying he is the worldy that we need long term, but I am saying he would do a job now for a good price. We are going to have to buy another striker in the summer anyway. Get the worldy then and Toney can be plan B (unless he blows us all away)

Toney would be useful against teams like Burnley that defend deep. He can dribble past players which almost no one on our team does well. We are still trying to pass it into the back of the net which is why goals are hard to come by.

My comment about chance creation is in terms of what Arsenal mids can produce vs Brentford mids
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby alexafc12 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:58 pm

How are Juve pulling this off.

Financial mess evidenced by their inability to sign Locatelli on a perm in the summer.

Under investigation for financial manipulation and FFP and yet their forking out a reporter €75m + €200k a week wages ?

Glad we've avoided this one tbh. Something fishy
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Tubbs » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:29 pm

He didn’t want to come here anyway, without Europe we are going to massively struggle signing any supposed future stars from other clubs.
Tubbs
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:46 pm

NovaGB wrote:Patrick Schick is a good shout, hes banged in loads this season, its a no go cos of his loan but Giovanni Simeone looks prolific

So glad we dodged bullets in Boadu and Malen in the last few windows, both have flopped big time in bigger leagues that are easier than the prem.

looking over the top European leagues, there is not a lot of 9's that are scoring, every league is dominated by wingers other than the usual suspects, Lewa, Vardy, Haaland etc etc

Isak 4 in 17 games
Malen 3 in 19 games
Boadu 1 in 19 games

All Lacazette numbers

I won't have a bad word said about Boadu.

I signed him on Fifa 2021 ......... and he's like Theirry Henry now, best Striker in the world.

So much so he had a buy out clause and fked me because I didn't offer enough wages so RB Leipzieg bought him and a season or two later I went and bought him back because that's how good he is.

Best striker I've ever bought on Fifa lol.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:49 pm

Arsenal Tone wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:We still have time to turn this around with a signing.

............. I just don't think it'll be Vlahovic.

He's touted as a rising star and quite frankly, we're not quite at the level yet.

Look at Newcastle, millions to hand and are struggling to land players, its funny, in a game like football of all places you learn that its not just ALL about money.

Newcastle could get relegated, which is why nobody good wants to risk going there permanently. They'd be trapped for years, as the new owners won't have to sell them to make ends meet in the Championship.

We are a far better run club so we don't have any excuse for our inaction.
We're looking for CL players but aren't even guaranteed Europa League football. That is our problem

Well exactly.

This is where Klopp is like prime Wenger though with an eye for talent, he buys players who are around Europa level in terms of name recognition etc (apart from VVD) but turns them into CL winners.

Remember Salah was a Chelsea reject, Mane wasn't saying much, neither was Firmino.

Very cost efficent but then he's all about effort within his system, you can buy those sorts of players cheap.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Hypergooner » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:28 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
Hypergooner wrote:
NovaGB wrote:

Ivan Toney
Schlick
Dybala

Toney would be useful against teams like Burnley that defend deep. He can dribble past players which almost no one on our team does well. We are still trying to pass it into the back of the net which is why goals are hard to come by.

My comment about chance creation is in terms of what Arsenal mids can produce vs Brentford mids

I really don't think we'll get 25 goals a season from any striker in the world under Arteta. The way we play is designed for a bully boy false 9, rather than an Auba, running type striker. Our system would make Henry look bad. We'd do better with Kevin Davies (old Bolton), playing the wingers and CAMs in
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:08 am

Played our pathetic club like the mugs we are to engineer a transfer to Juventus.
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:35 am

Hypergooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Hypergooner wrote:
NovaGB wrote:

Ivan Toney
Schlick
Dybala

I really don't think we'll get 25 goals a season from any striker in the world under Arteta. The way we play is designed for a bully boy false 9, rather than an Auba, running type striker. Our system would make Henry look bad. We'd do better with Kevin Davies (old Bolton), playing the wingers and CAMs in

I agree, he wants forwards to do too many things that take them away from what they should be and need to be doing.

All our strikers have looked toothless under Arteta and it’s no coincidence.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:49 am

Salibatelli wrote:
Hypergooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Hypergooner wrote:
NovaGB wrote:

Ivan Toney
Schlick
Dybala

I agree, he wants forwards to do too many things that take them away from what they should be and need to be doing.

All our strikers have looked toothless under Arteta and it’s no coincidence.

I also think we're looking for more from our attackers because our midfield play is so poor. Heck, our defenders have more balls to play it forward compared to our midfield.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:23 pm

RowdyRoddyPoppins wrote:Played our pathetic club like the mugs we are to engineer a transfer to Juventus.

Locatelli pt 2
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby billie86 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:25 pm

Be funny if this guy flops, we will probably get him for 25 mill after a couple of average seasons at juve
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:44 pm

billie86 wrote:Be funny if this guy flops, we will probably get him for 25 mill after a couple of average seasons at juve

Is it possible to flop at Juve if you're already tearing up Serie A with a different club?
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby NovaGB » Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:49 pm

billie86 wrote:Be funny if this guy flops, we will probably get him for 25 mill after a couple of average seasons at juve

Is it possible to flop at Juve if you're already tearing up Serie A with a different club?

Kulusevski did
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:55 pm

Yes - a high percentage of his goals are penalties.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill