The Wish List

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: The Wish List-

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:24 am

Alex (not me or Git) is a f***ing donkey of a player if ever I saw one.
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby gzagee » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:53 pm

Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:Alex (not me or Git) is a f***ing donkey of a player if ever I saw one.

At last! Someone who knows a donkey when he sees one!
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:04 pm

gzagee wrote:
Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:Alex (not me or Git) is a f***ing donkey of a player if ever I saw one.

At last! Someone who knows a donkey when he sees one!

I have watched all the Shreks :)

Really though Alex (again not Git or I) is bum. I'd prefer Agger, double swooooop for Agger and Alonso? :sneaky2:
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby gzagee » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:12 pm

What I don't understand, and I think someone else mentioned it, is why can't we find a fick off massive Russian Cossack or some badass mofo CB from the eastern bloc? Fickn ManUre, Chavski and ScousePoo have adopted our strategy of finding good players on the cheap. And look what they've managed to pick up. Why the feck can't we find them there as well???
Sorry to say generally Africans can't and generally aren't interested in the art of defending. They love to attack. The Eastern Bloc is where it's at.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby ArsenesRedandWhite » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:22 am

gzagee wrote:What I don't understand, and I think someone else mentioned it, is why can't we find a fick off massive Russian Cossack or some badass mofo CB from the eastern bloc? Fickn ManUre, Chavski and ScousePoo have adopted our strategy of finding good players on the cheap. And look what they've managed to pick up. Why the feck can't we find them there as well???
Sorry to say generally Africans can't and generally aren't interested in the art of defending. They love to attack. The Eastern Bloc is where it's at.

Thank You! I posted that. It's great to finally have someone agree with me :cloud9:
ArsenesRedandWhite
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:14 am

Is £7 million considered cheap?
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby gzagee » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:17 am

Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:Is £7 million considered cheap?

Depends on who...
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:38 am

gzagee wrote:

Depends on who...

Well it's just all the talk about them other lots getting in cheap Easten European imports when Manure paid £7 million for Vidic and I'm sure Skrtel wasn't a kick in the arse of 7 million either. Ivanovic at Chelski was I'm sure about 8 or 9 million.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby gzagee » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:43 am

Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:
gzagee wrote:

Depends on who...

Well it's just all the talk about them other lots getting in cheap Easten European imports when Manure paid £7 million for Vidic and I'm sure Skrtel wasn't a kick in the arse of 7 million either.

But how much are they worth now?
I don't know how much Chavs paid for that young Eastern Bloc kid but, I bet his value's a damn sight more now than it was.

I'm not saying all Eastern Euros are the muts but, surely we can lay out £7-8m on a good un?
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:47 am

But surely £7million is a bit steep that all I'm saying? I think Vidic is quality, Skrtel(how cool is his name btw?) has a lot to prove and apparently Chelski paid near enough £10 million on Ivanovic who still has shed loads to prove as well. Granted all of them have improved their price tag but I think the only two with any real resale value is gonna be Ivanovic and Skrtel, Vidic is in his prime now and Manure won't let him go for a good few seasons. When he does go I'd imagine it would be for less than they paid for him.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby gzagee » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:47 am

And if not an Eastern Bloc defender then why not a Scandinavian?
Scousers always shop there and even fickn Fulham managed to pick one up, which apparently we amongst others are now sniffing around.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:48 am

I think Scandinavian would be a better bet to be honest everyone sniffing around Eastern Europe at the moment and the prices are going stupid.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby gzagee » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:50 am

Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:But surely £7million is a bit steep that all I'm saying? I think Vidic is quality, Skrtel(how cool is his name btw?) has a lot to prove and apparently Chelski paid near enough £10 million on Ivanovic who still has shed loads to prove as well. Granted all of them have improved their price tag but I think the only two with any real resale value is gonna be Ivanovic and Skrtel, Vidic is in his prime now and Manure won't let him go for a good few seasons. When he does go I'd imagine it would be for less than they paid for him.

But why is £7m too steep? How much would you expect to pay for one? We paid tuppence (if anything at all) for Silvestre who, for all his experience is generally substandard.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:00 pm

gzagee wrote:
Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:But surely £7million is a bit steep that all I'm saying? I think Vidic is quality, Skrtel(how cool is his name btw?) has a lot to prove and apparently Chelski paid near enough £10 million on Ivanovic who still has shed loads to prove as well. Granted all of them have improved their price tag but I think the only two with any real resale value is gonna be Ivanovic and Skrtel, Vidic is in his prime now and Manure won't let him go for a good few seasons. When he does go I'd imagine it would be for less than they paid for him.

But why is £7m too steep? How much would you expect to pay for one? We paid tuppence (if anything at all) for Silvestre who, for all his experience is generally substandard.

To me finding one on the cheap would be about £2 million £7 I'd be expecting someone with CL experience and international prefereably at a EURO or WC. Prices of players are ridiculous these days.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby gzagee » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:12 pm

Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:
gzagee wrote:

To me finding one on the cheap would be about £2 million £7 I'd be expecting someone with CL experience and international prefereably at a EURO or WC. Prices of players are ridiculous these days.

Weren't the likes of Skrtel, Vidic, Hangeland, Ivanovic, already playing CL and Uefa cup footy as well as being full intl's before they came to England?
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill