The Wish List

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: The Wish List

Postby Paddy » Sun May 23, 2021 9:56 pm

in:

bissouma
aouar
buendia
lamptey/aarons
renew odegaard
new gk
backup LB

out:
xhaka
elneny
laca
nketiah
bellerin
leno
willian
ceballos
willock
kolasinac

but all that wont happen.
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Callum » Sun May 23, 2021 11:16 pm

Given that we now know that we'll have no European football next season, I think it's vital that we trim the squad and go into next season without all the deadwood we had at the start of 2020/21. It seems like we have a lot of crap at the club but there's plenty of money to be made from player sales if Edu pulls his finger out and is able to shift players who shouldn't be at the club next season.

I've done a couple of these already but enjoy writing them up as living in a fantasy has generally been more fun than watch Arsenal this season.

Transfers In

Dušan VLAHOVIĆ — Fiorentina — £40m
Emiliano BUENDÍA — Norwich City — £35m
Yves BISSOUMA — Brighton & Hove Albion — £30m
Max AARONS — Norwich City — £25m
Josh DOIG — Hibernian — £4m
Mat RYAN — Brighton & Hove Albion — £1m

Total spend:

£135m

I think our priority areas should be at right back, central midfield, attacking midfield, and striker. The majority of our resources should go here. Cheaper options at left back and goalkeeper should be considered as backups for Tierney and Leno respectively. I would make Vlahović our number one target for the striker position if we want to go big there, but would be happy enough to see us sign Odsonne Edouard from Celtic as a cheaper alternative.

In creative midfield, I would love to keep Ødegaard but feel that he's likely going to be too expensive for us to keep and he likely would be more interested in returning to Madrid given we have no European football next season. I'd like to bring in someone like Buendía as he can rotate with Smith Rowe or play in a wider position. Bissouma and Aarons are no brainers given their age and Premier League experience, although we'll likely be competing with richer clubs with European football for their signatures.

Ryan is an obvious move given his loan spell with us and shouldn't cost us much. I'd rather see us bring in someone young like Josh Doig from Hibs to deputise for Tierney, rather than going for someone like Bertrand and the end of their career. I'm not too fussed with us signing a new centre back as I feel it's time to give Saliba a real chance, and with Luiz leaving there's a clear place for him in the squad.

Transfers Out

Joe WILLOCK — £25m
Ainsley MAITLAND-NILES — £18m
Héctor BELLERÍN — £15m
Lucas TORREIRA — £12m
Alexandre LACAZETTE — £10m
Eddie NKETIAH — £10m
Konstantinos MAVROPANOS — £8m
Reiss NELSON — £7.5m
Matteo GUENDOUZI — £7m
CEDRIC — £2m
Rúnar Alex RÚNARSSON — £0.5m
WILLIAN — Free
David LUIZ — Free
Sead KOLAŠINAC — Free
Folarin BALOGUN — Loan

Total earned:

£115m

I would probably sell Willock with a heavy heart, given that I just feel he's a square peg in a round hole for this side. We also need to clear out some of the young players who look like their careers are over here, including Maitland-Niles, Nelson and Nketiah. I think it's also time for us to part ways with Bellerín who has looked out of sorts and we should be able to recoup a decent fee for him with interest from the continent.

It's also time to move on the guys out on loan who likely don't have a future here, include Mavropanos, Guendouzi, and Torreira. I'd also seek to move Lacazette on who has had a pretty good season, but he's on big money, has a year left on his contract, and is 30 in a few days. If we don't try and get some money for him now we never will. I'd happily see Willian and Kolasinac go for free if it meant another club took their wages off of our hands. I'd also be happy to see Cedric leave for a small fee with Chambers and a new right back coming in to fill that position.

Net spend:

£20m

A very reasonable £20m spent that sees us massively reduce the size of our squad whilst improving it as well. It's doable if we sell the right players for good money.

2021/22 squad

1. Bernd LENO
13. Mat RYAN
41. Arthur OKONKWO (U21)

2. Max AARONS (HG)
3. Kieran TIERNEY (vc)
4. William SALIBA (U21)
6. GABRIEL
16. Rob HOLDING (HG)
21. Calum CHAMBERS (HG)
22. Pablo MARÍ
23. Josh DOIG (U21)

5. Thomas PARTEY
7. Bukayo SAKA (U21)
8. Yves BISSOUMA
10. Emile SMITH ROWE (U21)
17. Emiliano BUENDÍA
18. Miguel AZEEZ (U21)
25. Mohamed ELNENY
34. Granit XHAKA

9. Dušan VLAHOVIĆ (U21)
11. Gabriel MARTINELLI (U21)
14. Pierre-Emerick AUBAMEYANG (c)
19. Nicolas PÉPÉ

I would make Tierney the vice-captain upon Bellerín's departure and give new squad numbers to Partey (5), Smith Rowe (10), Martinelli (11), Ryan (13) and Azeez (18). With this massively reduced squad, we'd only have 3 home-grown players over the age of 21 which would require registration, but in terms of non home-grown talent we'd be at 12, which is well below our limit of 17. That'd leave us with only 15 players registered, which is quite the turnaround given we couldn't register Ozil or Sokratis last season given our bloated squad numbers.

However, this is a bit deceiving as we have U21 talents like Saka, Smith Rowe and Martinelli who are all key players for us but do not require registration yet, and we'd also have Vlahović and Doig as first team players who can play regularly despite their young ages. All in all, we'd have around 21 players who could compete for a place in the squad each week, with Okonkwo and Azeez remaining in the U23's but being there as options as third-choice goalkeeper and fifth-choice central midfielder respectively.

Starting XI

I think the back five should be pretty settled, and would like to see us persist with Saliba and Gabriel so they can form a relationship. Partey and Bissouma should also be our first choice pairing with Xhaka a capable backup or rotation option.

In the attack, I think you pick one of Aubameyang or Vlahović up top and then pick three from five of Saka, Smith Rowe, Buendía, Pépé, and Martinelli, depending on form, fitness, and opposition. I genuinely think with this side we could make a decent push for top four next season and should be qualifying for the Europa League at a minimum.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon May 24, 2021 4:06 am

Callum wrote:Given that we now know that we'll have no European football next season, I think it's vital that we trim the squad and go into next season without all the deadwood we had at the start of 2020/21. It seems like we have a lot of crap at the club but there's plenty of money to be made from player sales if Edu pulls his finger out and is able to shift players who shouldn't be at the club next season.

I've done a couple of these already but enjoy writing them up as living in a fantasy has generally been more fun than watch Arsenal this season.

Transfers In

Total spend:

£135m

I think our priority areas should be at right back, central midfield, attacking midfield, and striker. The majority of our resources should go here. Cheaper options at left back and goalkeeper should be considered as backups for Tierney and Leno respectively. I would make Vlahović our number one target for the striker position if we want to go big there, but would be happy enough to see us sign Odsonne Edouard from Celtic as a cheaper alternative.

In creative midfield, I would love to keep Ødegaard but feel that he's likely going to be too expensive for us to keep and he likely would be more interested in returning to Madrid given we have no European football next season. I'd like to bring in someone like Buendía as he can rotate with Smith Rowe or play in a wider position. Bissouma and Aarons are no brainers given their age and Premier League experience, although we'll likely be competing with richer clubs with European football for their signatures.

Ryan is an obvious move given his loan spell with us and shouldn't cost us much. I'd rather see us bring in someone young like Josh Doig from Hibs to deputise for Tierney, rather than going for someone like Bertrand and the end of their career. I'm not too fussed with us signing a new centre back as I feel it's time to give Saliba a real chance, and with Luiz leaving there's a clear place for him in the squad.

Transfers Out

Joe WILLOCK — £25m
Héctor BELLERÍN — £15m
Lucas TORREIRA — £12m
Eddie NKETIAH — £10m
Reiss NELSON — £7.5m
Matteo GUENDOUZI — £7m
CEDRIC — £2m
WILLIAN — Free
David LUIZ — Free
Sead KOLAŠINAC — Free
Folarin BALOGUN — Loan

Total earned:

£115m

I would probably sell Willock with a heavy heart, given that I just feel he's a square peg in a round hole for this side. We also need to clear out some of the young players who look like their careers are over here, including Maitland-Niles, Nelson and Nketiah. I think it's also time for us to part ways with Bellerín who has looked out of sorts and we should be able to recoup a decent fee for him with interest from the continent.

It's also time to move on the guys out on loan who likely don't have a future here, include Mavropanos, Guendouzi, and Torreira. I'd also seek to move Lacazette on who has had a pretty good season, but he's on big money, has a year left on his contract, and is 30 in a few days. If we don't try and get some money for him now we never will. I'd happily see Willian and Kolasinac go for free if it meant another club took their wages off of our hands. I'd also be happy to see Cedric leave for a small fee with Chambers and a new right back coming in to fill that position.

Net spend:

£20m

A very reasonable £20m spent that sees us massively reduce the size of our squad whilst improving it as well. It's doable if we sell the right players for good money.

2021/22 squad

1. Bernd LENO
13. Mat RYAN
41. Arthur OKONKWO (U21)

2. Max AARONS (HG)
3. Kieran TIERNEY (vc)
4. William SALIBA (U21)
6. GABRIEL
16. Rob HOLDING (HG)
21. Calum CHAMBERS (HG)
22. Pablo MARÍ
23. Josh DOIG (U21)

5. Thomas PARTEY
7. Bukayo SAKA (U21)
8. Yves BISSOUMA
17. Emiliano BUENDÍA
18. Miguel AZEEZ (U21)
25. Mohamed ELNENY
34. Granit XHAKA

9. Dušan VLAHOVIĆ (U21)
19. Nicolas PÉPÉ

I would make Tierney the vice-captain upon Bellerín's departure and give new squad numbers to Partey (5), Smith Rowe (10), Martinelli (11), Ryan (13) and Azeez (18). With this massively reduced squad, we'd only have 3 home-grown players over the age of 21 which would require registration, but in terms of non home-grown talent we'd be at 12, which is well below our limit of 17. That'd leave us with only 15 players registered, which is quite the turnaround given we couldn't register Ozil or Sokratis last season given our bloated squad numbers.

However, this is a bit deceiving as we have U21 talents like Saka, Smith Rowe and Martinelli who are all key players for us but do not require registration yet, and we'd also have Vlahović and Doig as first team players who can play regularly despite their young ages. All in all, we'd have around 21 players who could compete for a place in the squad each week, with Okonkwo and Azeez remaining in the U23's but being there as options as third-choice goalkeeper and fifth-choice central midfielder respectively.

Starting XI

I think the back five should be pretty settled, and would like to see us persist with Saliba and Gabriel so they can form a relationship. Partey and Bissouma should also be our first choice pairing with Xhaka a capable backup or rotation option.

In the attack, I think you pick one of Aubameyang or Vlahović up top and then pick three from five of Saka, Smith Rowe, Buendía, Pépé, and Martinelli, depending on form, fitness, and opposition. I genuinely think with this side we could make a decent push for top four next season and should be qualifying for the Europa League at a minimum.
^ love it!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby firfi » Mon May 24, 2021 5:59 am

Callum wrote:Given that we now know that we'll have no European football next season, I think it's vital that we trim the squad and go into next season without all the deadwood we had at the start of 2020/21. It seems like we have a lot of crap at the club but there's plenty of money to be made from player sales if Edu pulls his finger out and is able to shift players who shouldn't be at the club next season.

Transfers In

Total spend:

£135m

Transfers Out

Joe WILLOCK — £25m
Héctor BELLERÍN — £15m
Lucas TORREIRA — £12m
Eddie NKETIAH — £10m
Reiss NELSON — £7.5m
Matteo GUENDOUZI — £7m
CEDRIC — £2m
WILLIAN — Free
David LUIZ — Free
Sead KOLAŠINAC — Free
Folarin BALOGUN — Loan

Total earned:

£115m

Net spend:

£20m

2021/22 squad

1. Bernd LENO
13. Mat RYAN
41. Arthur OKONKWO (U21)

2. Max AARONS (HG)
3. Kieran TIERNEY (vc)
4. William SALIBA (U21)
6. GABRIEL
16. Rob HOLDING (HG)
21. Calum CHAMBERS (HG)
22. Pablo MARÍ
23. Josh DOIG (U21)

5. Thomas PARTEY
7. Bukayo SAKA (U21)
8. Yves BISSOUMA
17. Emiliano BUENDÍA
18. Miguel AZEEZ (U21)
25. Mohamed ELNENY
34. Granit XHAKA

9. Dušan VLAHOVIĆ (U21)
19. Nicolas PÉPÉ

Starting XI

Good job on the valuation and stuff.
However i strongly believe we need LB with exp to cover for Tierney.
The sad part is that if we wan't to offload so many players and get the new ones in we need to start asap and we all know that we're gonna sign 1 player and then drag it to the end of the window.
firfi
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Angelito » Mon May 24, 2021 4:34 pm

You guys must be in fantasy land if you believe we can generate £115m from player sales, or that we could offload 14 players in one single window.

Jesus Christ.

It's not even wishful thinking. This is pure fantasy. Have you not been watching football for most of your lives?
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Callum » Mon May 24, 2021 5:03 pm

Angelito wrote:You guys must be in fantasy land if you believe we can generate £115m from player sales, or that we could offload 14 players in one single window.

Jesus Christ.

It's not even wishful thinking. This is pure fantasy. Have you not been watching football for most of your lives?

It's the Wish List thread, I'm not stating what I think will happen.

Which of my valuations do you feel are massively wrong? I feel like I've been fair. This is a bit of a unique summer, given that we have no European football next season and therefore need a smaller squad than normal. We've also a lot of younger players who seem ready to move on (Nketiah, Nelson, Maitland-Niles, perhaps Willock) and guys out on loan who don't seem to have much of a future here (Guendouzi, Mavropanos, Torreira, Kolasinac).

If Edu does his job we should be able to make some good money from player sales this summer.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby KG3 » Thu May 27, 2021 1:58 pm

————Donnarumma—————-
Niles—Boateng—Gabriel—Tierney(VC)

————————Partey—————
———ESR———————-Aouar—-

Saka———-Lacazette(C)—Saint-Maxim

———————Ryan———————
Cedric—-Saliba———Mari—Mitchel

—————-Elneny—Azeez————-
———————Coutinho—————

Nelson————-Edouard———-Martinelli

Out:
Leno 10M
Bellerin 20M
Xhaka 25M
Pepe 30M
Willock swap
Willian Free
Nketiah 15M
Holding 12M
Chambers 17.5M
Kolasinac 5M
Auba 22M

In:
Donnarumma Free
Boateng Free
Aouar 25M
Saint Maxim (Williock + 10M)
Mitchel 5M
Ryan 2M
Edouard 15M
Coutinho (loan)

Improvement on a realistic budget, World class goalkeeper replacement for Leno, an experienced defender to replace Luiz, midfield/attacking quality and reliable second team
Last edited by KG3 on Sat May 29, 2021 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Thu May 27, 2021 10:12 pm

KG3 wrote:————Donnarumma—————-

————————Partey—————
———ESR———————-Aouar—-

Saint-Maxim——-Lacazette(C)—Martinelli

———————Ryan———————

—————-Elneny—Azeez————-
————————Barkley—————

Nelson————-Edouard———-Coutinho

Out:
Leno 10M
Bellerin 20M
Xhaka 25M
Pepe 30M
Willock swap
Willian Free
Nketiah 15M
Holding 12M
Chambers 17.5M
Kolasinac 5M
Auba 22M

In:
Donnarumma Free
Boateng Free
Aouar 25M
Mitchel 5M
Ryan 2M
Edouard 15M
Barkley (loan)
Coutinho (loan)

Improvement on a realistic budget, World class goalkeeper replacement for Leno, an experienced defender to replace Luiz, midfield/attacking quality and reliable second team

Where’s Saka?
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby KG3 » Sat May 29, 2021 8:34 am

CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
KG3 wrote:————Donnarumma—————-

————————Partey—————
———ESR———————-Aouar—-

Saint-Maxim——-Lacazette(C)—Martinelli

———————Ryan———————

—————-Elneny—Azeez————-
————————Barkley—————

Nelson————-Edouard———-Coutinho

Out:
Leno 10M
Bellerin 20M
Xhaka 25M
Pepe 30M
Willock swap
Willian Free
Nketiah 15M
Holding 12M
Chambers 17.5M
Kolasinac 5M
Auba 22M

In:
Donnarumma Free
Boateng Free
Aouar 25M
Mitchel 5M
Ryan 2M
Edouard 15M
Barkley (loan)
Coutinho (loan)

Where’s Saka?

Looool forgot about him, I have edited the wish list to fit him in now
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:53 am

Totally unrealistic but very good and a few cheap options.
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:55 am

New smaller wish list from me:

Grealish - 60m
Kalvin Phillips - 40m
Lamptey - 30m
Ryan - 2m

Funded partially by selling:

Xhaka - 15m
Bellerin - 20m
Nketiah - 15m
AMN - 20m
Kola - 5m
Willock - 20m
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby KG3 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:45 pm

Santi wrote:New smaller wish list from me:

Grealish - 60m
Kalvin Phillips - 40m
Lamptey - 30m

Ryan - 2m

Funded partially by selling:

Xhaka - 15m
Bellerin - 20m
Nketiah - 15m
AMN - 20m
Kola - 5m
Willock - 20m

You need to add another 20M to all three of those players :lol:

Not that they’re worth it but that’s what their clubs will probably take at the bare minimum
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Santi » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:02 pm

Maybe but the buying market won’t be there at those prices after corona and the losses sustained. If Utd come in for Grealish then he goes up to 80m but I don’t think they will, I’d be hopeful if we actually put 60m in front of Villa then they’d start thinking about it.

The other two not sure, shame Phillips had a good game for England because now everyone is wanking over him. Bissouma 35m is also fine.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:09 am

Kalvin Phillips
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz