The Wish List

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: The Wish List

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:10 pm

Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby NovaGB » Sun May 01, 2022 12:03 am

Osimhen/Nketiah
Jesus/Gabi Odegaard/ESR Saka/Dybala
Tielemans/Xhaka Partey/Elneny/Lokonga
Tierney/? Gabriel/Ake White/Saliba Tomiyasu/Kalulu
Ramsdale/Turner

or Milinkovic-Savic instead of Tielemans
or Tammy Abraham instead of Osimhen

Would love Tariq Lamptey but i'd prefer a like for like player to cover Tomiyasu like Kalulu from Milan
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Ach » Wed May 04, 2022 9:21 pm

Camavinga
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby NovaGB » Sat May 14, 2022 1:44 am

Ok having seen links to certain layers this is what i'd be happy with next season (i hope)

Abraham(or Osimhen)/Nketiah
Jesus/Martinelli ----------Saka/Gakpo
Tielemans/ESR Odegaard/Xhaka
Partey/Elneny
Tierney/Hickey----------Tomiyasu/Singo
---------Gabriel/Saliba White/Holding
Ramsdale/Turner

Tavares, Balogun and Lokonga need loans, Cedric, Pepe need to be sold

Serge Gnabry return would be nice
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Santi » Mon May 16, 2022 9:47 am

Please not Osimhen, this guy is all hype.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Est83 » Thu May 19, 2022 1:23 am

Said it before and I'll say it again, Denilson could walk into this midfield... it's the worst I've seen. And even though I like Arteta (he had a lot of rot to cut out), and think that Partey was a huge buy, Partey's injuries were an issue before January, and Arteta knew this and risked CL by not bringing in midfield reinforcements. Whether it was bringing Ramsey back, getting Melo on loan, Sanchez for a cut price or signing Jack on a free. There were options, even if they were only short term.

We simply can't control games with this feeble midfield, and the nerve of Xaka (arguably the most useless player on Monday night) to blast the rest of the team when it was the midfield in particular where we were being overran, was an absolute piss take. I've rated his commitment even when his brain dead decisions and clear lack of talent were overbearing issues, it seemed like he still had a captain in him somewhere. But not after Monday. The man has to go.

Tielesmans
Danilo
Wijnaldum

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Est83 » Thu May 19, 2022 1:27 am

Any two of Wijnaldum, Partney and Tielesmans would be a solid pairing. Experience, energy, physicality, forward passing... a great double divot.

Danilo and Lokonga as a domestic cup pairing.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby KG3 » Wed May 25, 2022 8:35 pm

I would like to some youngsters promoted into the first team

RB - Norton-Cuffy

CM - Azeez

RW - Hutchinson

Arteta has been here nearly 2 years and he still hasn’t brought through one youngster into the first team, Saka, Niles, ESR and Nketiah were all Emery/Wenger
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby NovaGB » Thu May 26, 2022 1:34 am

Jesus
Gnabry ----------------------------- Saka
Tielemans Odegaard
Partey
Tierney Gabriel White Tomiyasu
Ramsdale

Nketiah
Martinelli ---------------------------------------Gakpo/Nelson
Xhaka Smith Rowe
Elneny
Hickey Ndicka/Zagadou Saliba Spence
Turner

Loan out Tavares, Lokonga, Hutchinson, Norton Cuffy, Patino, Balogun, Pepe (or hopefully sell) etc etc
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Est83 » Mon May 30, 2022 9:42 am

Jesus
Gnabry ----------------------------- Saka
Odegaard
Fabian Tchouameni
Tierney Gabriel White Tomiyasu
Ramsdale

Nketiah
Martinelli -------------------------- Nelson
Smith Rowe
Tielemans Partey
Hickey Holding Saliba Molina
Turner

Yup, with Partey's injuries he should be back having to fight for his place. Fabian and Tchouameni would be the ultimate pairing (this is the wish list after all).

Fabian and Tchouameni will probably go to bigger clubs, but the rest is doable.
Jesus - £35m (if he pushed to join us).
Gnabry - £25m is the latest number.
Tielemans - £25m again is the figure floating about.
Aouar - £15m (chuck him in as we won't be getting Fabian... pair him with Elneny for backup, Xhaka ain't getting near this team!)
Hicky - £15m (probably only if we cash in on Tierney, in which case, get Zinchenko too).
Molina - for Mari plus some cash (£15m?)

Sell: Pepe, Guendouzi, Torreira, Cedric, Xhaka, AMN,

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon May 30, 2022 1:30 pm

^ nice
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby firfi » Mon May 30, 2022 3:10 pm

I'd really go big on midfield like tielamans 30-35m+ Bissouma 30-35 or if its not duable James ward prawse or so on. Left back whatever right back whatever players we need cover on both 20mil each hopefully 15 and some striker that can play all striking options(I mean left or right winger + striker not pure striker)

Hoping to sell Xhaka really hes dragging the club back so much and when everybody looks at him he always does 5/10 average AF but when he plays well hes 6/10 and when he fails its 0/10 cause its always f***ing red cards or penalties.
We need midfielder that when he gets going he can be 8/10 not 6/10 and Tielemans really looks like good fit if we can convice him(in ideal world we would get Declan Rice next season ,but yea dream on).

I like how everyone puts prices like City are ever selling Jesus for 35m or Tielemans for 25m :D and ur saying ye we buy 5 players for 125m when u put unreasonable prices next to the players even Hickey is expected to cost us like 20-21m.
firfi
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Est83 » Mon May 30, 2022 4:21 pm

firfi wrote:I like how everyone puts prices like City are ever selling Jesus for 35m or Tielemans for 25m :D and ur saying ye we buy 5 players for 125m when u put unreasonable prices next to the players even Hickey is expected to cost us like 20-21m.

Who's this "everyone"!?! Call me out bro! Come at me! ;)

The reported £55m is nuts for a back up player that doesn't get minutes, and he's going into his last contracted year... plus they just got Halaand for the same price. £55m is ball park, but this is with the player not pushing for a move. Believe it or not, it makes a different. Would be a different story if he was their main man and they'd be fighting foot and nail to keep him.

As with Tielemans, similar situation... last year of his contract right? And £25m is the figure being banded about. Would expect something closer to £45m though.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby alexafc12 » Mon May 30, 2022 4:32 pm

I wouldn't put too much emphasis on paper valuations.

Some reports were saying Tomiyasu was going to cost clubs as much as £30m last summer. We got him for £17m. I expect Hickey would go for a similar amount.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby firfi » Tue May 31, 2022 3:34 pm

Est83 wrote:
firfi wrote:I like how everyone puts prices like City are ever selling Jesus for 35m or Tielemans for 25m :D and ur saying ye we buy 5 players for 125m when u put unreasonable prices next to the players even Hickey is expected to cost us like 20-21m.

Who's this "everyone"!?! Call me out bro! Come at me! ;)

The reported £55m is nuts for a back up player that doesn't get minutes, and he's going into his last contracted year... plus they just got Halaand for the same price. £55m is ball park, but this is with the player not pushing for a move. Believe it or not, it makes a different. Would be a different story if he was their main man and they'd be fighting foot and nail to keep him.

As with Tielemans, similar situation... last year of his contract right? And £25m is the figure being banded about. Would expect something closer to £45m though.

Crazy or not we're fighting with Leicester for the same spots there about they've been 5th 5th 2 seasons in row and now we're 5th so its basically handing ur rival one of ur better players and saying there u go get them top4 and we can try to replace u for nothing.This never happens for cheap.
They got Haaland for 55m cause he had purchase clause for that amount hes worth way more and everybody knows it.
For Jesus in my opinion hes not worth more than 30 , but when there are more than 1 clubs interested considering his experience in winning the PL so many times it boosts the image of the player and etc.
I seriously wouldn't touch Jesus for more than 35m its just too much for a player that won't be a starter for Arsenal if we wanna be fighting for top3 place and the deal makes no sense.

It's not only You that quotes those kind of prices , but they're super low estimates which only top clubs can get and by top clubs i mean City or maybe Liverpool where they have insane pull on the player and he can make it unpleasent experience for the club that has 1 year left with.
firfi
Charlie George
Charlie George

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill