Julian Brandt

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Julian Brandt

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:11 pm

LMAO wrote:Would much rather Buendia.

At least we know he can perform in the PL.

That's my thinking as well.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:55 pm

I like the look of this guy. Would be nice to have a 6'1 playmaker rather than another cesc/santi/ozil lightweight for stoke/bolton types to kick off the park. If 22m is true then even better!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby yadunoe » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:25 pm

Tony Adams wrote:I like the look of this guy. Would be nice to have a 6'1 playmaker rather than another cesc/santi/ozil lightweight for stoke/bolton types to kick off the park. If 22m is true then even better!

hes not rough type of mid
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:25 am

yadunoe wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:I like the look of this guy. Would be nice to have a 6'1 playmaker rather than another cesc/santi/ozil lightweight for stoke/bolton types to kick off the park. If 22m is true then even better!

No, but he has the stature. Opponents saw santi or cesc and thought "i'm having that". They'd see 6'1 brandt and think twice before laying into him imo.
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:38 am

Tony Adams wrote:
yadunoe wrote:

No, but he has the stature. Opponents saw santi or cesc and thought "i'm having that". They'd see 6'1 brandt and think twice before laying into him imo.

What about the great Barcelona sides or the Spanish side then?

They were filled with "midgets," for your taste.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:19 pm

Angelito wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:
yadunoe wrote:

So?
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:58 pm

Tony Adams wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:
yadunoe wrote:

So?

Nobody "had it with them." Those sides won it all.

You do need some physicality in your side. But the likes of Ozil, Cesc, and Santi are why you enjoy football. You don't watch Stoke City to appreciate football.

Mind you, these are three of the best midfielders of the Emirates era you're talking about. If the refs didn't break the spirit of the law to allow oppositions to kick our players, we'd be talking about that 07/08 side as the one of the greatest sides in Prem history.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Also, we have been struggling for the past 2 years without those sorts of players specifically.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:42 pm

Angelito wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:
yadunoe wrote:

So?

Nobody "had it with them." Those sides won it all.

You do need some physicality in your side. But the likes of Ozil, Cesc, and Santi are why you enjoy football. You don't watch Stoke City to appreciate football.

Mind you, these are three of the best midfielders of the Emirates era you're talking about. If the refs didn't break the spirit of the law to allow oppositions to kick our players, we'd be talking about that 07/08 side as the one of the greatest sides in Prem history.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Also, we have been struggling for the past 2 years without those sorts of players specifically.

That Barca team are the exception, not the rule. I'd take vieira over cesc and petit over cazorla all day long.

We got bullied for years because our team was full of lightweight 'technical' players. So many pundits talk about Wenger's title winning teams being full of giants. We'd been missing that for years.
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby yadunoe » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:53 am

Tony Adams wrote:
yadunoe wrote:

ozil is 6 foot plus as well and hes softer then a pillow its the style of midfielder we need a technical player with guile and an eye for a pass i like smith rowe but need to see more to be fully convinced he can do the business id prefer auaor or isco on loan
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Losmeister » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:29 am

yadunoe wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:
yadunoe wrote:

ozil is 6 foot plus as well and hes softer then a pillow its the style of midfielder we need a technical player with guile and an eye for a pass i like smith rowe but need to see more to be fully convinced he can do the business id prefer auaor or isco on loan

ozilis NOT 6 ft plus. hes not 6 ft.

and yes. height does not equal tough.

pts to both sides. size can help.

barcas don fall vs bayern was size. they got dominated physcially. forget the year. window is short with a small tesam.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Nonlondoner » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:40 am

I don't see the problem. The guy is a toolbox of talents with experience at the highest level and a good engine. 22m ? Not even a decision in my mind, get the cheque book out and watch him become our assists god.
Nonlondoner
Michael Thomas

Postby ESR10 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:50 am

Dortmund apparently not interested in selling or loaning him out after Axel Witsels long term injury. We can forget about him this month.
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby yadunoe » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:03 pm

Mustafi wrote:Dortmund apparently not interested in selling or loaning him out after Axel Witsels long term injury. We can forget about him this month.

witsel is box to box not cam
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ESR10 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:12 pm

yadunoe wrote:
Mustafi wrote:Dortmund apparently not interested in selling or loaning him out after Axel Witsels long term injury. We can forget about him this month.

Yep, I know. Brandt still sometimes play as a #8, and reports from Germany are saying that Dortmund definitely won't let Brandt leave now following the injury. Let's see what will happen.
ESR10

Postby yadunoe » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:21 am

Mustafi wrote:
yadunoe wrote:

Yep, I know. Brandt still sometimes play as a #8, and reports from Germany are saying that Dortmund definitely won't let Brandt leave now following the injury. Let's see what will happen.

I dont rate him that highly anyway I'd much rather get isco on loan and maybe try to get lamptey jan transfer window will be hard atleast we got some deadwood out
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill