Falcao

Heard any rumours? This is the place to discuss potential transfer targets.

Re: Falcao

Postby elkanofan » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:22 pm

cripps you did say Ricky Lambert was better than Giroud so i'd stop digging a hole.

Falcao has too many leaches and psychos attached to him looking for a huge payday so no thanks.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby jmiles10 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:32 pm

To expensive for his Injury risk
jmiles10
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:38 pm

Angelito wrote:Agreed about van Persie. He looks so out of it but I'd also like to point my finger at van Gaal. Instead of playing him as the point striker - just play him behind Falcao/Rooney.

And Rooney is probably in his last legs too - at least at the top level. He's already overrated, but his inconsistency is alarming for a player that earns 300k a week.

As it stands, United may need to dig deep for a striker in the summer.

Aguero to Madrid, Benzema to United?
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Zedie » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:21 pm

VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:
Angelito wrote:Agreed about van Persie. He looks so out of it but I'd also like to point my finger at van Gaal. Instead of playing him as the point striker - just play him behind Falcao/Rooney.

And Rooney is probably in his last legs too - at least at the top level. He's already overrated, but his inconsistency is alarming for a player that earns 300k a week.

As it stands, United may need to dig deep for a striker in the summer.

Aguero to Madrid, Benzema to United?

Aguero / benzema swap deal. City will throw money at any striker, so I can't see them losing out on aguero only to see man u profit.

Man u will sign Charlie Austin for 25m as he will be the only tier they can get due to not having CL football.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:22 pm

....Austin or harry Kane for man u
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:34 pm

^ Doubt it. They got Di Maria despite not having European football so I'm sure they'd be able to lure any top available striker to their crumbling empire - perhaps Cavani?

Money talks. Don't forget that monstrous Adidas deal that goes into effect next season, United won't hesitate to inject ludicrous amounts of cash into transfers/wages if need be.

They're simply too big to fail, the United brand is a global behemoth.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Santi » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:27 am

that deal has a bunch of clauses though so if they don't get 3rd/4th then it wont mean as much.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Tarquinius » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:11 am

Mesüt wrote:that deal has a bunch of clauses though so if they don't get 3rd/4th then it wont mean as much.

Only from the 2016/2017 season. The deal allows them 2 years out of the CL.
Tarquinius
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby starmandb » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:12 am

Smitty_AFC wrote:Remember when people wanted Wenger out for NOT signing him?
Good times...

I think it had more to do with going out of the cup at home to championship Blackburn
Following up going out the league cup to 3rd tier bradford in a league cup qtr final
Don't make it sound sound like we have fickle fans waking up declaring let's sack the manager
The reasons for not wanting wenger as manager anymore are multiple and don't come on the back of not signing one player
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Smitty_AFC » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:06 pm

starmandb wrote:
Good times...

I think it had more to do with going out of the cup at home to championship Blackburn
Following up going out the league cup to 3rd tier bradford in a league cup qtr final

Don't make it sound sound like we have fickle fans waking up declaring let's sack the manager
The reasons for not wanting wenger as manager anymore are multiple and don't come on the back of not signing one player

we've won the fa cup since then...

anyway, people wanted him out just for not getting falcao.
i wasn't on this forum when we lost to blackburn & bradford, so i don't know what was being said then.
strictly referring to what was said here when we didn't sign falcao, other stuff is irrelevant :)
Smitty_AFC
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby starmandb » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:47 am

Smitty_AFC wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Good times...

i wasn't on this forum when we lost to blackburn & bradford, so i don't know what was being said then.
strictly referring to what was said here when we didn't sign falcao, other stuff is irrelevant :)

We were 1st linked with falcao after losing to Blackburn in the fa cup
People wanted wenger out for not addressing areas of the team in the last 7 years not for not getting falcao
Find somebody who purely wanted wenger out for not signing falcao?
I try generally not to just pluck things out of the air
Hence the relevence of 1st being linked with falcao and going out of the fa cup to Blackburn at the same time
We had a very good chance of winning the fa cup in 2013 considering it was won by relegated Wigan and we had a league cup quarter final against a 3rd tier team a possible semi over 2 legs against villa who we have a fine record against and swansea in the final
It's great that we won the fa cup last season
We are in the business of winning trophys and treating the cups as a bit of a nuisance has been another mistake from wenger who should be greedy and want to win the lot
I do
starmandb

Postby UFGN » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:51 am

starmandb wrote:
Smitty_AFC wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Good times...

People wanted wenger out for not addressing areas of the team in the last 7 years not for not getting falcao
Hence the relevence of 1st being linked with falcao and going out of the fa cup to Blackburn at the same time
We had a very good chance of winning the fa cup in 2013 considering it was won by relegated Wigan and we had a league cup quarter final against a 3rd tier team a possible semi over 2 legs against villa who we have a fine record against and swansea in the final
We are in the business of winning trophys and treating the cups as a bit of a nuisance has been another mistake from wenger who should be greedy and want to win the lot
I do

Cant agree with you there mate

My only reason for wanting Wenger out is not signing Falcao. He's got everything else spot on tbh.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Denis_E » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:22 am

sweggeh wrote:
Cripps wrote:Better than anyone we have so would take him.

Pretty sure you said the same thing about Shane Long, Michu, and all the other random strikers we have been linked to. If people like you ran our club we would have been relegated decades ago.

Your vision for the club ain't much better
'A friend to all is a friend to none'
Denis_E
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby starmandb » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:20 am

UFGN wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Smitty_AFC wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Good times...

I do

Cant agree with you there mate

My only reason for wanting Wenger out is not signing Falcao. He's got everything else spot on tbh.

There's always one ain't there
Ok smitty
Stop your search
By the way went to see sunny afternoon the kinks musical in the week mate
Really good such a talented cast
Even Miranda's policeman husband from call the midwife was jumping on and off the drums and showing rare talent as a sticks man
Go see
starmandb

Postby sweggeh » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:06 pm

Transfer News Live (@DeadlineDayLive)

Arsenal, Liverpool and Man City have enquired about Falcao's availability as the striker struggles to settle in at Man Utd. (Source: Times)

Times are pretty reliable.

Great news if true. Not necessarily that we want Falcao, but that Wenger wants to add another top striking option this summer. Makes a signing like Cavani or Dybala more likely.
sweggeh
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal's Rumour Mill